Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Ruby Spears X is sort of neat (especially compared to other episodes,) but mostly because he's such a departure from the actual character it's hilarious to watch. He'd pass for a decent Duo, actually, if they just changed the visuals around.
The book's not starting off with an adaptation of the first game. I like that. There's actually a lot to set up for X1, as even Maverick Hunter X realized with its OVA. I'd love to see those Hunters for just a bit before they all betray the organization.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby DBlack » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:53 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:Reminds me of the X episode form the cartoon.

..What if it's THAT X XD

Oop, you got us. I mean, I've played pretty much all the X games, but when I brought up the cartoon appearance to Ian, he thought that had more appeal. Therefore, the comic will feature a very tall muscle-bound X fighting Cigma. We're calling him Cigma here because his gimmick is that he's doing to put an end to humanity via the secondhand smoke from the giant cigars he's always smoking. The first story will feature four pages of him just blowing smoke in Dr. Cain's face while the latter is trying to eat his lunch in peace. X will spend the remaining pages debating whether or not it's rude to step in and say something, but in the end he'll just flip a table and kill everyone present. Quint will show up as the officer investigating the aftermath. It's gonna be great.

I smell an Eisner!!!1!
DBlack
BumbleNewbie

Postby GentlemanX » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:54 pm

This is just about perfect for me. Ian's been doing a bang up job getting me into the classic universe with Mega Man, so I've been hoping we'd get a look at other titles, X and Legends especially. Since I'll get a nice taste of the universe in the back ups, if a regular book does come out later I'll have a descent idea of how interested I'll be in it. Looking forward to issue 34!
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:38 pm

I think some people are confused by this announcement.

• Archie is being faithful to the original games, so this isn't a crossover or time travel story. We are simply getting Mega Man X stories, entirely separate from the main Mega Man stories, but published in the same book.

• Assuming the reception is good and the demand is there (which they will be, duh)... Then these back-up stories could evolve into a mini-series and/or a full-blown Mega Man X comic.

• So far, we only know of a two-parter (#34 in February and #35 in March) that will be penciled by Patrick Spaziante.

However, it's still a little vague about the Spring/Summer 2014 plans. Paul Kaminski stated, "The back-ups serve to set the stage for a story we've got slated for Spring/Summer 2014." Well, the second back-up will be in the March issue (which is the Spring season), so whatever story they've got planned would presumably start in April or May. Whether that means more back-ups, a mini-series, or its own book is still unclear.

But here's all that you need to know: If you want Mega Man X, make sure Archie knows it. If you want it and they know it, you will get it.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:00 pm

This does seem kinda cool. I'm just sad that I'll never get to see them handle BN/SF...
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Postby Ashram » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Now, the one thing I want to know... Will Ian be forced to go the "suffering circuit" route, or will the Maverick/Sigma Virus be implemented.
Ashram
BumbleKnight

Postby EvilEddie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:I think some people are confused by this announcement.
However, it's still a little vague about the Spring/Summer 2014 plans. Paul Kaminski stated, "The back-ups serve to set the stage for a story we've got slated for Spring/Summer 2014." Well, the second back-up will be in the March issue (which is the Spring season), so whatever story they've got planned would presumably start in April or May. Whether that means more back-ups, a mini-series, or its own book is still unclear.

There's always the possibility it becomes the main story those months and Mega Man becomes backups.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby The Bored » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:20 pm

The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Ashram wrote:Now, the one thing I want to know... Will Ian be forced to go the "suffering circuit" route, or will the Maverick/Sigma Virus be implemented.

I don't see why the first game would need to use the Maverick Virus (aside from Sigma.) We already have a ton of games caused by the thing... just for variety's sake it'd probably be best to go through a plot where Reploids freely choose to do evil first instead of blaming it all on robo-cordyceps.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Sunwalker » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Penguin God wrote:
Ashram wrote:Now, the one thing I want to know... Will Ian be forced to go the "suffering circuit" route, or will the Maverick/Sigma Virus be implemented.

I don't see why the first game would need to use the Maverick Virus (aside from Sigma.) We already have a ton of games caused by the thing... just for variety's sake it'd probably be best to go through a plot where Reploids freely choose to do evil first instead of blaming it all on robo-cordyceps.

At least the Megaman Zero series plot is not caused by a virus and it does have robots who choose to do evil.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:49 pm

EvilEddie wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:I think some people are confused by this announcement.

There's always the possibility it becomes the main story those months and Mega Man becomes backups.

Hadn't thought of that. Good point.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Mega Man X has that too! Lots of them, even. The Maverick Virus itself isn't even mentioned until X2. I'm saying that there's no need to bring the Maverick Virus into that game's plot, and just let the Hunters betray the organization on their own. Suffering circuit and all.

I'd say that there's no chance of Classic dying, and I'm strongly believing that's the case. It seems like Archie wanted to write X a heck of a lot more than Classic though, so I just hope that it still gets the big attention it's had until now.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Tcat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Gimme. Gimme naow. All my gimmes. Words cannot describe the gimmes I feel.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 pm

So... it would be nice to see a Mega Man Legends backstory in future. I bet people would freak out more. Maybe not as many people, but the amount of freak sould even it's self out.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby hypershadw » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 pm

I really hope Maverick Hunter X will not be the main canon that will be used for this....
hypershadw
BumbleNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!