Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Exactly. That's what I was trying to say, but I couldn't really word it right.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tcat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:10 pm

I'd certainly be up for that. Rushing through each game in four comics seems kind of ...er...rushing things. Do a bunch of mini arcs that flow together into each game and tie better than just "AND THEN FIVE MONTHS LATER..." X5 and X6 are only a few weeks apart from each other, so stuff like that could flow fairly easily from one game to the next. Shove in some downtime between the rest of it to show the aftermath after X4, and build up into X7 and X8 (I played 1 - 3 like...once so my memory on them sucks). Like what's going on in the other thread there's plenty of stuff to go into on the side for 'filler'. :3
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 am

X: Sigma starts a rebellion with most of the Maverick Hunters. Its mostly just X and Zero left, maybe a few insignificant dudes
X2: The X Hunters, who worked for Sigma, lead the rest of his revolt in a revenge quest against X
Xtreme: The Shadow Hunters are mercenaries hired to take down the Maverick Hunter database and kill X
X3: It's discovered that a virus causes the Maverick condition. Dr. Doppler discovers a "cure" and builds a utopia for people who took the cure. Turns out the town is just a breeding ground for the virus
Xtreme 2: A knight and a witch steal the souls of Reploids for their nefarious purposes.
X4: Repliforce is made to deal with the rising Maverick threat. They themselves decide to rebel against the trigger happy humans.
X5: Sigma wants to give Zero a huge dose of the virus and stages a whole "destroy the world" scenario to get him to ground zero
X6: Gate picks up the pieces of zero and does mad science with it and his Frankstein monster mavericks.
X7: Red Alert, an unauthorized Hunter organization, decides to fight the Maverick hunters, gets infected with virus along the way
X8: Next Generation Reploids rebel and Lumine takes over as the big bad
100 years!
Command Mission: All that stuff doesn't matter, because this is acompletely new story arc
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:32 am

Would X or someone have to find his armor befor Sigma rebellion or as it's going on? It would be kind hard ro have him fight eight+ reploid masters and armor peices in four issues.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:58 am

I'm curious how they'll adapt all of the armor enhancements myself.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby The Bored » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:37 am

megamanmonthly wrote:I'm curious how they'll adapt all of the armor enhancements myself.

I kind of hope the hadoken will be canon
The Bored
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:43 am

I imagine it'd be relegated to a "Short Circuits" strip. But... you never know!
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:51 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:X: Sigma starts a rebellion with most of the Maverick Hunters. Its mostly just X and Zero left, maybe a few insignificant dudes
X2: The X Hunters, who worked for Sigma, lead the rest of his revolt in a revenge quest against X
Xtreme: The Shadow Hunters are mercenaries hired to take down the Maverick Hunter database and kill X
X3: It's discovered that a virus causes the Maverick condition. Dr. Doppler discovers a "cure" and builds a utopia for people who took the cure. Turns out the town is just a breeding ground for the virus
Xtreme 2: A knight and a witch steal the souls of Reploids for their nefarious purposes.
X4: Repliforce is made to deal with the rising Maverick threat. They themselves decide to rebel against the trigger happy humans.
X5: Sigma wants to give Zero a huge dose of the virus and stages a whole "destroy the world" scenario to get him to ground zero
X6: Gate picks up the pieces of zero and does mad science with it and his Frankstein monster mavericks.
X7: Red Alert, an unauthorized Hunter organization, decides to fight the Maverick hunters, gets infected with virus along the way
100 years!
Command Mission: All that stuff doesn't matter, because this is acompletely new story arc

...are you worried that no one else knows what the games are about or something?
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 am

The Bored wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:I'm curious how they'll adapt all of the armor enhancements myself.

I rememeber X using it in Project X Zone, I know X has been in a few other crossover games does he use that attack in those game too.

PS: I know where X useing the hadoken is from.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Max1996 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:17 am

We know Mega Man X will be shown in back-stories, but will the game series have it's own Archie comic series?
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:23 am

Max1996 wrote:We know Mega Man X will be shown in back-stories, but will the game series have it's own Archie comic series?

I would assume so, provided it does well enough.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:36 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:
Max1996 wrote:We know Mega Man X will be shown in back-stories, but will the game series have it's own Archie comic series?

I would assume so, provided it does well enough.

That's essentially the official answer. The back-up stories serve to gauge the audience. Positive feedback will lead to its own book.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:X: Sigma starts a rebellion with most of the Maverick Hunters. Its mostly just X and Zero left, maybe a few insignificant dudes
100 years!

...are you worried that no one else knows what the games are about or something?

we were just thinking about what could fit in between each game so I brought a solid map for reference.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:22 pm

The Bored wrote:

It could I don't know if they could call it that or not though since Street Fighter's rights are under Udon.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:25 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:
The Bored wrote:

It could I don't know if they could call it that or not though since Street Fighter's rights are under Udon.

Is that why Li the news lady didn't have her hair bons?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!