Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:02 pm

I honestly have some misgivings, since a crossover event happened a bit ago AND so did a time travel event.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby DBlack » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Not sure where they would come from, though. This isn't a crossover or a time travel story; it sounds like it's a separately contained story within the pages of the same comic book, kind of like #17 and #18. Granted, X being a sequel series to Classic means that they might be allusions from one to the other but I don't think it'll change the storytelling dynamic of the Classic series too much. At least, based on what's been presented.
DBlack
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 am

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Ryu The Weredragon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:09 pm

I do hope X references his predecessor a few times. That's one thing I felt was missing from MMX.
Ryu The Weredragon
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:54 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Sockie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:14 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:I honestly have some misgivings, since a crossover event happened a bit ago AND so did a time travel event.


Good thing we're getting neither here, then. There's nothing said about Rock meeting X, just that we're getting some Mega Man X back-up stories in the Classicverse book that are probably setting up a mini or something.
Sockie
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Sockie wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:I honestly have some misgivings, since a crossover event happened a bit ago AND so did a time travel event.


Good thing we're getting neither here, then. There's nothing said about Rock meeting X, just that we're getting some Mega Man X back-up stories in the Classicverse book that are probably setting up a mini or something.


Oh! That makes me feel more optimistic ^^
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:23 pm

I read it as this was a means of gauging interest in a full-on X book. I suspect that they really already have plans though given the demand for an X book and these back-ups will simply lead into the new book making the first issue of Mega Man X line up with the game.
User avatar
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:43 pm
Location: Hidden Palace

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Sockie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Radz the Hedgehog wrote:I read it as this was a means of gauging interest in a full-on X book. I suspect that they really already have plans though given the demand for an X book and these back-ups will simply lead into the new book making the first issue of Mega Man X line up with the game.


Well, Paul says that "the back-ups serve to set the stage for a story we've got slated for Spring/Summer 2014." So it sounds like they've already got something outside of the back-ups in the works.
Sockie
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Sockie wrote:
Radz the Hedgehog wrote:I read it as this was a means of gauging interest in a full-on X book. I suspect that they really already have plans though given the demand for an X book and these back-ups will simply lead into the new book making the first issue of Mega Man X line up with the game.


Well, Paul says that "the back-ups serve to set the stage for a story we've got slated for Spring/Summer 2014." So it sounds like they've already got something outside of the back-ups in the works.

most likely a 4-part story adapting the first game

hopefully not, though. Classic games can BARELY fit in 4 parters, the Mavericks are not cannon fodder robots to blow up one at a time, they are individuals with their own personalities and goals and motivations
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Tonberry2k » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:47 pm

This is great news. I love how Ian has expanded on the Megaman world in the current comic by introducing Robot Masters years before they're fought so there's some buildup and character development and I can't wait to see that in the X series.

Spoiler: show
Magma Dragoon, for example, was supposed to have a lot of weight behind his betrayal in the X series, but he's introduced and turns in the same game. I hope he's around for a while before that happens.


And Ian wants to do Breath of Fire? Sign me up for that.
Tonberry2k
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:21 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:56 pm

There's a lot of characters who should be introduced beforehand

-The Majority of the X2 Mavericks were a part of Sigma's original rebellion
-Magna Centipede was on the Maverick Hunters' side until
-Gravity Beetle is Boomer Kuwanger's brother
-Mac and Dragoon should be established hunters before they turn traitor
-Iris was a navigator for the Maverick Hunters before she appeared in X4 (Xtreme 2)
-the Skiver is a member of Repliforce
-Gate was one of Alia's closest friends/associates
-Squid Addler is friends with Launch Octopus

that's all I can think of right now
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Sockie » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:58 pm

RyuTheWeredragon wrote:I do hope X references his predecessor a few times. That's one thing I felt was missing from MMX.


Vile had a line in Project X Zone about wanting to surpass "the legendary Mega Man" as well as X. I found that interesting, so I kind of hope that makes it in here.

Also... I would not mind the X5 Mavericks having their Japanese names. Not one bit.
Sockie
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1892
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:03 pm

Aww, I like the Guns n Roses names XD though that might have legal issues?
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:14 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:Reminds me of the X episode form the cartoon.

..What if it's THAT X XD


Oop, you got us. I mean, I've played pretty much all the X games, but when I brought up the cartoon appearance to Ian, he thought that had more appeal. Therefore, the comic will feature a very tall muscle-bound X fighting Cigma. We're calling him Cigma here because his gimmick is that he's doing to put an end to humanity via the secondhand smoke from the giant cigars he's always smoking. The first story will feature four pages of him just blowing smoke in Dr. Cain's face while the latter is trying to eat his lunch in peace. X will spend the remaining pages debating whether or not it's rude to step in and say something, but in the end he'll just flip a table and kill everyone present. Quint will show up as the officer investigating the aftermath. It's gonna be great.
User avatar
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:26 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby Dejimon11 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:27 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:Reminds me of the X episode form the cartoon.

..What if it's THAT X XD


Oop, you got us. I mean, I've played pretty much all the X games, but when I brought up the cartoon appearance to Ian, he thought that had more appeal. Therefore, the comic will feature a very tall muscle-bound X fighting Cigma. We're calling him Cigma here because his gimmick is that he's doing to put an end to humanity via the secondhand smoke from the giant cigars he's always smoking. The first story will feature four pages of him just blowing smoke in Dr. Cain's face while the latter is trying to eat his lunch in peace. X will spend the remaining pages debating whether or not it's rude to step in and say something, but in the end he'll just flip a table and kill everyone present. Quint will show up as the officer investigating the aftermath. It's gonna be great.



And then muscle-bound X will team up with bad box art mega man a 12 part epic fighting Dr.Wiely and Cigma. Genius i love it!
User avatar
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 pm
Location: USA

Re: Mega Man X is gonna be in Mega Man!!!

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:42 pm

I like RS-X, actually XD
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest