Plot Holes: Mega Man

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Plot Holes: Mega Man

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:44 am

Perhaps the story was written before Worlds Collide?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Mega Man was using Chaos Control to reverse the Genesis Wave and return his reality to the way it was prior. He could have simply slipped up and gone a bit further back in time to a point in which Break Man had not yet "broken" his allies. It's kind of his first time manipulating the power of seven crystal MacGuffins, after all.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby SonicSoul » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:19 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:Mega Man was using Chaos Control to reverse the Genesis Wave and return his reality to the way it was prior. He could have simply slipped up and gone a bit further back in time to a point in which Break Man had not yet "broken" his allies. It's kind of his first time manipulating the power of seven crystal MacGuffins, after all.

Yeah, you put it better than I could. He basically did what Sonic did in Genesis and went further back in time before Sally got BLAM BLAM'D.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby EvilEddie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:24 pm

I think what he's complaining about is the fact in the issue after the "reset" in Dr. Light's flash back in Mega Man 29 the MM1 guys are broken again like before the reset not the fact that they healed. i.e. Bomb Man's arms are missing again despite never coming off a second time in Mega Man 28.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Maybe its just a little Genesis Wave hiccup. :(hearty laughter):
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:54 pm

From the way the issue tells it, Rock repairs his friends with the wave-fix. He doesn't retroactively undo the damage.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Max1996 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:04 am

EvilEddie wrote:I think what he's complaining about is the fact in the issue after the "reset" in Dr. Light's flash back in Mega Man 29 the MM1 guys are broken again like before the reset not the fact that they healed. i.e. Bomb Man's arms are missing again despite never coming off a second time in Mega Man 28.

Finally someone who gets the point I'm trying to make.
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby Antiyonder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:47 pm

Max1996 wrote:
EvilEddie wrote:I think what he's complaining about is the fact in the issue after the "reset" in Dr. Light's flash back in Mega Man 29 the MM1 guys are broken again like before the reset not the fact that they healed. i.e. Bomb Man's arms are missing again despite never coming off a second time in Mega Man 28.

No I got it, and as mentioned I believe it was an oversight in that the penciler forgot to redraw the flashback to reflect the Chaos Control repair.

Had the story been told early, said repairs wouldn't have happened.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Max1996 wrote:

I overlooked that flashback in issue 29, so I totally see what you're saying now. Probably just an oversight.

Here's one that always bothered me (from issue 6).

This statement by Ice Man just doesn't make any sense to me. Dr. Light and Dr. Wily designed the Robot Masters together, so we know they weren't built in Wily Castle. I'm guessing Ice Man meant "rebuilt," i.e., after the Robot Masters were destroyed in issues 2 and 3. But then I could argue the whole "we weren't activated here" part. If they weren't activated in Wily Castle after being "rebuilt," then where were they activated? And besides... what does being built/rebuilt or activated/reactivated in Wily Castle (or elsewhere) have anything to do with knowing its layout? Cut Man admits that Dr. Wily never gave them a tour.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:04 pm

If memory serves, the original partnership between Dr. Right and Dr. Wily saw the former develop the robots we saw, while the latter manufactured them in the factory that was the game's final levels.

But since the comic chose to forgo that original installation in favor of the Wily City/Skull Castle from the second game, I don't know if that might still be applicable. I think I did include something about that in the comic's blog, though, but I don't think I'd seen anything of the first issue yet by that point.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:13 pm

I thought Dr. Light said it was his company's factory/lab or something , It's been a while since I read the issue. I don't know if he still uses it. I assume Light builds robots out of his home but I don't think the comic says where Light is at when he's shown working on robots.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:18 pm

Dr. Light and Dr. Wily allude to creating the Robot Masters in issue #18. Where they were actually built is still up in the air. Light Labs was not formed yet, but we know it got the notoriety and funding it needed to exist from Dr. Light's work with the military (which was in progress at this point), so it's possible the Robot Masters were ultimately constructed within Light Labs.

Now... we know the Robot Masters were stolen from Light Labs in issue #1 and then presumably activated in Wily Castle before going on a rampage through Mega City... But, that's the opposite of what Ice Man says in issue #6. Ice Man says he was built in Wily Castle and activated elsewhere.

So, if we assume Ice Man meant "rebuilt," i.e., after his destruction in issue #3... then where was he reactivated? Because the next time we see him (and the other Robot Masters) is in Wily Castle, with Dr. Wily, at the end of issue #3... and then attacking Mega Man inside Wily Castle in issue #4. Did Dr. Wily rebuild them, carry them out into the backyard, flip their switches "on," and then bring them back in?

BUT, no matter what the answer is... What does any of that have to do with knowing the layout of the castle? Cut Man says directly after this statement that Dr. Wily never gave a tour of the castle, so whether they were built or activated there or elsewhere, without Dr. Wily giving them some kind of insight about the castle's layout (whether it be a tour or a schematic uploaded into their system)... they're not going to know where everything is inside.

I don't understand the point of Ice Man's statement. It's confusing.

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:If memory serves, the original partnership between Dr. Right and Dr. Wily saw the former develop the robots we saw, while the latter manufactured them in the factory that was the game's final levels.

But since the comic chose to forgo that original installation in favor of the Wily City/Skull Castle from the second game, I don't know if that might still be applicable. I think I did include something about that in the comic's blog, though, but I don't think I'd seen anything of the first issue yet by that point.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Sometimes, I question my dedication to this franchise, because I DIDN'T KNOW THAT.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:36 pm

I think they just wanted Rock to lay off a little; just because they worked for Wily didn't mean they knew a lot.

As for the other thing, I looked it up and I did know about the revamp by that point; tried to segue the two by saying that there had been some strange renovations going on there lately, as of the start of the book.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:48 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I think they just wanted Rock to lay off a little; just because they worked for Wily didn't mean they knew a lot.

The wording still bugs me. I understand the intention (like you said, to basically stress that they worked for Wily; they didn't live there)... But, I think it raises more questions than it answers any since the contents of the issues prior basically contradict what Ice Man said.

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:As for the other thing, I looked it up and I did know about the revamp by that point; tried to segue the two by saying that there had been some strange renovations going on there lately, as of the start of the book.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Unrelated, but I realize now that my wording previously may have sounded sarcastic, and it wasn't. I truly never realized that the first Wily Castle was in MM2 and that Archieverse Wily Castle 1 and 2 are identical (externally, at least). I think I got confused because MMPU retconned "Dr. Wily's Giant Robot Factory" to "Castle Wily."

In fact, I didn't realize that the Wily Castles aren't numbered in the games (like the Wily Machines)... Obviously it wouldn't work since the first Wily Castle is in MM2.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 am

megamanmonthly wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I think they just wanted Rock to lay off a little; just because they worked for Wily didn't mean they knew a lot.

The wording still bugs me. I understand the intention (like you said, to basically stress that they worked for Wily; they didn't live there)... But, I think it raises more questions than it answers any since the contents of the issues prior basically contradict what Ice Man said.

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:As for the other thing, I looked it up and I did know about the revamp by that point; tried to segue the two by saying that there had been some strange renovations going on there lately, as of the start of the book.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

Unrelated, but I realize now that my wording previously may have sounded sarcastic, and it wasn't. I truly never realized that the first Wily Castle was in MM2 and that Archieverse Wily Castle 1 and 2 are identical (externally, at least). I think I got confused because MMPU retconned "Dr. Wily's Giant Robot Factory" to "Castle Wily."

In fact, I didn't realize that the Wily Castles aren't numbered in the games (like the Wily Machines)... Obviously it wouldn't work since the first Wily Castle is in MM2.

In the Archie MM blog, I tried to explain why Wily's base from Mega Man 1 looked like his base from Mega Man 2 when he was only beginning his whole scheme.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!