Does Capcom owe the fans?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:45 am

"Plot reasons" for no playable female characters? What kind of justification is that? You know it's bad when someone who's all for playable female characters could think of better justifications against it if they tried.

Now I'm convinced Capcom is trying to destroy themselves. This just convinces me further that they need new management in order to even have a chance of survival.
User avatar
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 3621
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:54 am

Gonzo wrote:I think it was Ashura's Wrath?

...Which game is that?

"Deep Down". I was so unimpressed with the "no female player characters for *~PLOT REASONS~*" thing that I removed it from my memory, it seems.

I removed it from memory because they seem to be shoving in "Dark Souls" and "Assassin's Creed" into a blender and then handing us out the sludge that came out of it.

If another company, like SEGA or NINTENDO, did a "no female characters because plot" thing in their games, I'd be a bit more trustworthy that the plot is actually interesting and makes sense, but seeing as this is CAPCOM and they thought that This was an acceptable design and personality for a new female character to add to RE, I highly doubt it. Zero Suit Samus can get away with some of it, because she can dress sexy, yet still kick butt (though the high heels are still stupid).
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:10 am

Ian Flynn wrote:So as you can see, FDSM is in the right. I tilt my head in confusion as FDSM decides to dredge up a topic that's been dead for four months, but FDSM is within the rules.

Well, it's actually because I've been rather late to discussions like this for the past while (mostly because I couldn't sign in for a while), so I didn't really want to miss out on giving my opinion on the matter. That, and I just recently discovered the topic.

Now, I apologize if I offended anyone by calling Capcom fans winy. I like to consider myself a Capcom fan too. It's just that I see so many of them complaining about a lot of their games lately. "Mega Man is dead." "Go back to horror and crappy camera angles Resident Evil." "Project X Zone didn't use Sonic characters." I just find it very silly. Yes, it's unfair that Capcom gave some hope for Mega Man Legends 3, and then took it away. Maybe my idea of the fans just steam from websites like YouTube.


Edit: My bad.
Last edited by FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby Zan » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:17 am

"Project X Zone didn't use Sonic characters."


This relates to Capcom-fans, how? That's solely Namco and Sega territory.
Zan
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:39 pm

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:If another company, like SEGA or NINTENDO, did a "no female characters because plot" thing in their games, I'd be a bit more trustworthy that the plot is actually interesting and makes sense, but seeing as this is CAPCOM and they thought that This was an acceptable design and personality for a new female character to add to RE, I highly doubt it.


*eyetwitch* What the HECK is going on with that design? At least Zero Suit Samus is covered up! This is dreadful! It's like we're thrust back AGAIN in the old comic book era where showing as much freakin' cleavage as possible makes for a 'dark sexy chick' when it makes them look stupid and probably embarrassing if they even move so much as an INCH! Seriously, guys, try this in real life.

If you have a hugely exposed cleavage like that, if you turn around to greet the main character with a hair flip and an indifferent look, it's going to quickly turn to embarrassment when she realizes that she's suddenly flashing them and then you won't ever take them seriously. Unless it's in the bedroom of course THEN it makes more sense.

Capcom, seriously, this isn't the olden days anymore. People are looking for unique designs and practicality in fitting clothes to the personality of a character in a situation.

Okay I'm done ranting.

EDITS: Actually how can she even see enemies sneaking up on her with all that hair in her face anyway?
User avatar
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: The Lone Star State

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:32 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:situation.

Okay I'm done ranting.

EDITS: Actually how can she even see enemies sneaking up on her with all that hair in her face anyway?


Hehe, funny thing about that...

Spoiler: show
she dies. That was literally the point of her existence in a single trailer for Revelations.
Last edited by BlackHawkOmega on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:33 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:If another company, like SEGA or NINTENDO, did a "no female characters because plot" thing in their games, I'd be a bit more trustworthy that the plot is actually interesting and makes sense, but seeing as this is CAPCOM and they thought that This was an acceptable design and personality for a new female character to add to RE, I highly doubt it.


*eyetwitch* What the HECK is going on with that design? At least Zero Suit Samus is covered up! This is dreadful! It's like we're thrust back AGAIN in the old comic book era where showing as much freakin' cleavage as possible makes for a 'dark sexy chick' when it makes them look stupid and probably embarrassing if they even move so much as an INCH! Seriously, guys, try this in real life.

If you have a hugely exposed cleavage like that, if you turn around to greet the main character with a hair flip and an indifferent look, it's going to quickly turn to embarrassment when she realizes that she's suddenly flashing them and then you won't ever take them seriously. Unless it's in the bedroom of course THEN it makes more sense.

Capcom, seriously, this isn't the olden days anymore. People are looking for unique designs and practicality in fitting clothes to the personality of a character in a situation.

Okay I'm done ranting.

EDITS: Actually how can she even see enemies sneaking up on her with all that hair in her face anyway?

Resident Evil (especially Revelations) is kind of seen as an "anime series" in terms of how the characters and stories are portrayed, so I suppose that could be the reason for the odd character designs (If you think that's bad, there is a boss in RE6 that is downright inappropriate). Also, that whole female thing with the story is very strange. Perhaps certain things happen in the story that they feel would be awkward if a female character was going in the same plot direction as the male character?

Now that I think about it, no, Capcom does not owe the fans. They have already been pretty good to everyone with Mega Man lately, despite him not having a game for his anniversary. The games getting cancelled are not entirely their fault, either.
Last edited by FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:34 pm

BlackHawkOmega wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:EDITS: Actually how can she even see enemies sneaking up on her with all that hair in her face anyway?


Hehe, funny thing about that...

Spoiler: show
she dies.


Spoiler: show
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! I hope it's cause she couldn't see it coming!


*to FDSM* It seemed like it was slowly turning more and more anime as the series progressed.
User avatar
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: The Lone Star State

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby Penguin God » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:40 pm

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:Now that I think about it, no, Capcom does not owe the fans. They have already been pretty good to everyone with Mega Man lately, despite him not having a game for his anniversary. The games getting cancelled are not entirely their fault, either.[/color]

1) The games within their own development are.
2) How? I can see the comic, but how else are they being good to Mega Man? I don't even mean that they've been keeping him down, but they haven't done anything with him (you could argue he doesn't deserve any more titles, but that's a different argument.) Literally his only other appearances have been from other companies for years.
User avatar
Penguin God
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:08 pm

Penguin God wrote:
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:Now that I think about it, no, Capcom does not owe the fans. They have already been pretty good to everyone with Mega Man lately, despite him not having a game for his anniversary. The games getting cancelled are not entirely their fault, either.[/color]

1) The games within their own development are.
2) How? I can see the comic, but how else are they being good to Mega Man? I don't even mean that they've been keeping him down, but they haven't done anything with him (you could argue he doesn't deserve any more titles, but that's a different argument.) Literally his only other appearances have been from other companies for years.

You made some good points. The whole Worlds Collide and other Mega events have been pretty good for the comics. They have made some pretty decent figures lately (not them literally, but still), and they included him in SSB4. Other than that, I can't think of much more.
User avatar
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:46 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:44 pm

You guys think that's bad, you should see Rachel's "Monster" form
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby Gonzo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Does Rachel get any character or story development or do they insta-fridge her?
User avatar
Gonzo
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Gonzo wrote:Does Rachel get any character or story development or do they insta-fridge her?


Nope. She dies in a trailer and then she turns into a monster that you fight as Jill, and then she dies permanently after killing the final boss.

WAY TO GO CAPCOM
User avatar
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1836
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:29 pm

BlackHawkOmega wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Does Rachel get any character or story development or do they insta-fridge her?


Nope. She dies in a trailer and then she turns into a monster that you fight as Jill, and then she dies permanently after killing the final boss.

WAY TO GO CAPCOM

and by monster you mean her with slime and a couple of spikes, right?
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby lalalei2001 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:38 pm

This thread seems to have degenerated into bashing.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1451
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron