Does Capcom owe the fans?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:27 am

If that's also true, UDON owes me because I preordered the Robot Master Field Guide a good year and a half before it came out, and then the people who went to a certain convention got it first instead of those of us who preordered...
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Oakie620 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:58 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:As noted, Capcom didn't cancel Rockman Online. Additionally, they didn't cancel Maverick Hunter, either.

As I recall, NeoWiz ceased development on Rockman Online following a meeting with Capcom. They were at the very least involved in the decision.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:50 pm

Oakie620 wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:As noted, Capcom didn't cancel Rockman Online. Additionally, they didn't cancel Maverick Hunter, either.

As I recall, NeoWiz ceased development on Rockman Online following a meeting with Capcom. They were at the very least involved in the decision.

Were they? That's the first I heard of it; everything I saw was that it was due to their restructuring.

Perhaps the meeting was to try to get cheaper licensing terms or something, and Capcom didn't go for it?

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby LilacDownDeep » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:52 pm

That might've happened. Or even to give reports on the restructuring and to decide what to do.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Oakie620 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:07 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Were they? That's the first I heard of it; everything I saw was that it was due to their restructuring.

Perhaps the meeting was to try to get cheaper licensing terms or something, and Capcom didn't go for it?

The game was cancelled last November, although the decision was only announced four months later. NeoWiz didn't share details about the meeting or the circumstances that led to the cancellation, leaving the matter to speculation.

What's surprising however is that the official blog is still up at the time of this post.
Oakie620
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 pm

Rockman Online looked cool, but I don't know if the game could have ever topped the awesome trailers.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby colleenekat » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:54 am

I wish that they would make the sequel to the MMZX and ZX Advent series. I saw the cliff hanger at the end of hard mode, and I want to know what happens to the world after you defeat Albert.
colleenekat
BumbleNewbie

Postby lalalei2001 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 pm

colleenekat wrote:I wish that they would make the sequel to the MMZX and ZX Advent series. I saw the cliff hanger at the end of hard mode, and I want to know what happens to the world after you defeat Albert.

I think that since no one knew the bad guy's plans, they succeeded and brought about the Legends world.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:54 pm

I find Capcom fans are kinda winy in general. People are all angry over the Resident Evil series because it has become an action series. When Capcom decided to make RE: Revelations on the N3DS, which focused a LOT more on horror, everyone was so butthurt that it wasn't on home consoles. Capcom actually had to port that game onto home consoles because of their constant complaining. It isn't too much of a surprise that everyone got mad over Legends 3's cancellation.
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ian Flynn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:57 pm

MOD NOTE:

Here is a chance for a learning experience. This topic was just reported for violating Rule 1.10 - Thread Necromancy.

Let us look at the rule again:
Rule 1.10 wrote:"Thread necromancy" refers to replying to a topic that has long since run its course. (Updated 5/27/12) Any thread without activity after three months is considered dead, unless the new post brings something substantial to the topic. An in-depth reaction of a paragraph or more, new media or information are considered "substantial." A one line agreement or reaction is not. Threads six months old or more are off limits entirely; make a new thread in that instance.

So as you can see, FDSM is in the right. I tilt my head in confusion as FDSM decides to dredge up a topic that's been dead for four months, but FDSM is within the rules.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:21 pm

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:I find Capcom fans are kinda winy in general. People are all angry over the Resident Evil series because it has become an action series. When Capcom decided to make RE: Revelations on the N3DS, which focused a LOT more on horror, everyone was so butthurt that it wasn't on home consoles. Capcom actually had to port that game onto home consoles because of their constant complaining. It isn't too much of a surprise that everyone got mad over Legends 3's cancellation.

The problem is that they are so out of touch with their fans. MML3 on 3ds made a lot more sense than Resident Evil. Sure my first RE game was on handhelds, but the series feels much more "home console"

Meanwhile Mega Man had a very successful run as a hand held property for years before MML3 was announced.

In fact, years before RE "revelaitions" came out, I read an article where fans had to make a petition to get capcom to even consider making a PSP Resident Evil. That petition didn't work. Maybe Deadly Silence did really well? I don't know.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Gonzo » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:54 pm

FoxsDumbSeriesMaker wrote:I find Capcom fans are kinda winy in general. People are all angry over the Resident Evil series because it has become an action series. When Capcom decided to make RE: Revelations on the N3DS, which focused a LOT more on horror, everyone was so butthurt that it wasn't on home consoles. Capcom actually had to port that game onto home consoles because of their constant complaining. It isn't too much of a surprise that everyone got mad over Legends 3's cancellation.

Now, I can't speak about the RE-related stuff you mentioned. But implying that people who got upset over MML3's cancellation are "whiny"?

Capcom got people about as directly involved in the game's development as is possible (short of just hiring them outright, I guess) and then dropped everything because they assumed it wouldn't sell (apparently they forgot how marketing anything but Street Fighter and RE works), AFTER telling us that if enough people bought the demo that ended up never being released, they'd greenlight the project. Many months of emotional and physical investment in a long-overdue sequel, wasted.

They've been finding new and exciting ways to agitate the fanbase ever since, like giving them an expansive character customization system in an upcoming game and then not allowing you to play as a woman for "plot reasons".
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:28 pm

Gonzo wrote:They've been finding new and exciting ways to agitate the fanbase ever since, like giving them an expansive character customization system in an upcoming game and then not allowing you to play as a woman for "plot reasons".

...Which game is that?

___

Capcom today has just gotten really bad lately. They basically threw Mega Man out the window, they treat their employees like crap, they make people pay for the ending of their game, along with DLC that's ON the disc already. They also don't listen to what people want.

And no one got mad that RE became a bit more action oriented; people got mad because RE6 was hot garbage.
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:14 pm

BlackHawkOmega wrote:
Gonzo wrote:They've been finding new and exciting ways to agitate the fanbase ever since, like giving them an expansive character customization system in an upcoming game and then not allowing you to play as a woman for "plot reasons".

...Which game is that?

___

Capcom today has just gotten really bad lately. They basically threw Mega Man out the window, they treat their employees like crap, they make people pay for the ending of their game, along with DLC that's ON the disc already. They also don't listen to what people want.

And no one got mad that RE became a bit more action oriented; people got mad because RE6 was hot garbage.

Blanking on this one. I know Ubisoft did that with a Prince of Persia game, but Capcom's not ringing any bells here.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Gonzo » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:20 am

I think it was Ashura's Wrath?

...Which game is that?

"Deep Down". I was so unimpressed with the "no female player characters for *~PLOT REASONS~*" thing that I removed it from my memory, it seems.
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!