Does Capcom owe the fans?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Does Capcom owe the fans?

Postby LilacDownDeep » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:56 pm

lalalei2001 wrote:This thread seems to have degenerated into bashing.

I don't know about the others, but I personally have a peeve and a criticism against that so-called character design. And now I get to see what the Monster Form looks like and a nice description of what her personality is... which is to say there isn't any. Flat female character with the complete opposite for chest assets. It's essentially backwards. She has no subtle undertone towards her design at all or any meaning behind it if what they say is correct about her. I mean, I can take Silent Hill as an excellent example of what exactly to do in monsters like this (Spoilers):

Spoiler: show
The manifestations of the Bubble Nurse in Silent Hill 2 and in Silent Hill: Homecoming are both very dolled up for a GOOD REASON. They are monsters that come out of the psyche of the person you are controlling, and in this case is it two male protagonists who have been to hospitals. In James Sunderland's case it's his frustrations over staying loyal to his wife after she became terminally ill and spent a lot of time in the hospitals where there are pretty girls. In Alex Shepard's case it comes form being trapped in the psyche ward with a rather large distance between the nurses and him, and on another level being put in the medical wards in combat but having to stay distanced from any war time relationships. Being so far from his childhood friend Elle is also a frustration in of itself.

So yes, in Silent Hill, that is a great way to come across into James and Alex's psyche, but when it comes to Resident Evil, that just makes no sense. its just a monster who is mangled in every place but the face and chest.

Basically what I'm saying is that Capcom didn't exactly do a good job at all portraying that particular character.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:28 pm

No, it's criticism of Capcom's slip-ups. It just sounds like bashing because there have been so much in recent memory.

Mavrickindigo wrote:
BlackHawkOmega wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Does Rachel get any character or story development or do they insta-fridge her?

Nope. She dies in a trailer and then she turns into a monster that you fight as Jill, and then she dies permanently after killing the final boss.

WAY TO GO CAPCOM

and by monster you mean her with slime and a couple of spikes, right?

Either that or a Republican Congressman DOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu May 01, 2014 1:39 am

BlackHawkOmega wrote:

No, it's criticism of Capcom's slip-ups. It just sounds like bashing because there have been so much in recent memory.

If it really seems like a big problem, we could strongly suggest that each post offering criticism tries to find one good thing to say about what the company has done lately. ;P

Stewie: Now, I'm going to do something I like to call the 'Compliment Sandwich' Where I say something good, talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.
Brian: Whatever you gotta do...

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby LilacDownDeep » Thu May 01, 2014 6:49 am

BlackHawkOmega wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
BlackHawkOmega wrote:Nope. She dies in a trailer and then she turns into a monster that you fight as Jill, and then she dies permanently after killing the final boss.

WAY TO GO CAPCOM

and by monster you mean her with slime and a couple of spikes, right?

Either that or a Republican Congressman DOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Or just any congressman lately. <___<

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:If it really seems like a big problem, we could strongly suggest that each post offering criticism tries to find one good thing to say about what the company has done lately. ;P

Stewie: Now, I'm going to do something I like to call the 'Compliment Sandwich' Where I say something good, talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.
Brian: Whatever you gotta do...

You mean a really tiny bun with a big fat greasy salmonella inducing interior?
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu May 01, 2014 8:00 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
BlackHawkOmega wrote:

If it really seems like a big problem, we could strongly suggest that each post offering criticism tries to find one good thing to say about what the company has done lately. ;P"

Well, they haven't cancelled the Mega Man comic yet.

That's a good thing.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby N'egga Man » Thu May 01, 2014 8:58 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:
BlackHawkOmega wrote:

If it really seems like a big problem, we could strongly suggest that each post offering criticism tries to find one good thing to say about what the company has done lately. ;P"

Well, they haven't cancelled the Mega Man comic yet.

That's a good thing.

Not to mention the fact that Capcom were the ones who practically made the Mega Man/Sonic Crossover a reality. I was actually kinda surprised when I heard that.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby Gonzo » Thu May 01, 2014 9:05 am

I think that was solely Capcom of America's doing. I'll believe that Capcom of Japan gives a crap about the comic when they put effort into having it translated.
Gonzo
BumbleKnight

Postby N'egga Man » Thu May 01, 2014 9:23 am

Gonzo wrote:I think that was solely Capcom of America's doing. I'll believe that Capcom of Japan gives a crap about the comic when they put effort into having it translated.

Ah, right. I thought this was about Capcom in general, but I get what you mean.
In terms of Capcom owing the fans for their recent cancellations, I'm sure they owe them something. I mean, the best thing to come from them recently is probably Mega Man's inclusion into Smash Bros. (Though, that might've just been Capcom USA again, I'm not sure...) I wouldn't be too surprised if Capcom (either USA and/or Japan) decide to rejuvenate the Blue Bomber if Smash Bros. succeeds, along with (possibly) Mighty No. 9. Or Capcom could just continue to ignore him... again.
N'egga Man
BumbleFan

Postby FoxsDumbSeriesMaker » Thu May 01, 2014 11:24 am

NegaMetallix wrote:
Gonzo wrote:I think that was solely Capcom of America's doing. I'll believe that Capcom of Japan gives a crap about the comic when they put effort into having it translated.

Ah, right. I thought this was about Capcom in general, but I get what you mean.
In terms of Capcom owing the fans for their recent cancellations, I'm sure they owe them something. I mean, the best thing to come from them recently is probably Mega Man's inclusion into Smash Bros. (Though, that might've just been Capcom USA again, I'm not sure...) I wouldn't be too surprised if Capcom (either USA and/or Japan) decide to rejuvenate the Blue Bomber if Smash Bros. succeeds, along with (possibly) Mighty No. 9. Or Capcom could just continue to ignore him... again.

Now that I thought about it, I agree with this statement. If anything, I'm glad he's actually in a Smash Bros. game. People have been wanting that since Brawl. Whether it was Classic Mega Man or X was up for debate, however. Also, it would be nice if Capcom of Japan translated the comic.
FoxsDumbSeriesMaker
BumbleCitizen

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat May 03, 2014 5:27 pm

I really haven't heard much at all on the Japanese perspective of the Archie comics. In fact I don't hear much at all with Archie comic translations (Short of a German one for the sonic one) CoJ could at least do that.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun May 04, 2014 1:20 am

Unlikely, since Capcom isn't a comic/manga publisher.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby SurrealBrain » Sun May 04, 2014 1:22 am

Couldn't they at least hand it to someone who's interested?
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Sun May 04, 2014 7:52 am

SurrealBrain wrote:Couldn't they at least hand it to someone who's interested?

Maybe? I don't know what their specific business rights are to it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to For Everlasting Peace!