Mega Man #28 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #28 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ShadowBat20 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:19 am

LilacDownDeep wrote:
ZonicZoneCop wrote:I'd like TempoXRock...I'm very traditional.

Except for my one, favorite paring. It's RosalinaXRobotnik...
Rosalina? .. From Super Mario Galaxy? .__.

I approve. :mrgreen:
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:48 am

I see Splash and Tempo as more of Those Two Girls who like to get their nails done and Splash is trying to get Tempo to open up more. x'D Sad thing is I never got to interact with our former Splash Woman in the RPs as Tempo...
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby SimonSays » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:40 pm

This issue was a ton of fun. Great "stuff just got real" tone shift and I can't wait to read the rest of the arc. I think this is gonna be a good one.

Although I'm a little confused as to why the Genesis Wave erased all of Wily's memories of working with Eggman. I guess the only real answer would be "because it did and we can't keep talking about Eggman in a Mega Man comic now can we?", but like, when Sonic averted the Genesis Wave the first time, Eggman remembered planning for it, even if he couldn't remember much of Genesis-land itself. Wily's initial contact with Eggman occurred outside of the altered realities, so shouldn't he remember that much of the encounter? Sure, they're two different Genesis Waves and yadda yadda, but since Mega Man's universe got restored the right way, you'd think it would work mostly the same as the first Genesis Wave did. Or maybe the memories of Eggman are gone because of a faulty connection on the part of Sonic's universe? IDK, it's just something that made me stop and go "wait, why?"
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm kinda glad we still got some references to the crossover taking place, like Wily feeling the urge to stamp on a carton of eggs (hearty laughter)
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:43 pm

SimonSays wrote:This issue was a ton of fun. Great "stuff just got real" tone shift and I can't wait to read the rest of the arc. I think this is gonna be a good one.

Although I'm a little confused as to why the Genesis Wave erased all of Wily's memories of working with Eggman. I guess the only real answer would be "because it did and we can't keep talking about Eggman in a Mega Man comic now can we?", but like, when Sonic averted the Genesis Wave the first time, Eggman remembered planning for it, even if he couldn't remember much of Genesis-land itself. Wily's initial contact with Eggman occurred outside of the altered realities, so shouldn't he remember that much of the encounter? Sure, they're two different Genesis Waves and yadda yadda, but since Mega Man's universe got restored the right way, you'd think it would work mostly the same as the first Genesis Wave did. Or maybe the memories of Eggman are gone because of a faulty connection on the part of Sonic's universe? IDK, it's just something that made me stop and go "wait, why?"

Eggman never planned Worlds Collide because the Eggman we know was changed by the faulty Chaos Control. Hence, the blue emerald never got in Wily's hands.
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:40 pm

SimonSays wrote:This issue was a ton of fun. Great "stuff just got real" tone shift and I can't wait to read the rest of the arc. I think this is gonna be a good one.

Because they can't reference sega characters in a Capcom comic.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Antiyonder » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Given how Mega Man, Bomb Man, Guts Man and Cut Man were restored to well perfect function, and the city didn't have any damage, I figure that the lack of records on Eggman and the Emeralds were removed from his world's history despite restoring it as is.
Antiyonder
BumbleCitizen

Postby Tylinos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:31 am

Maybe what happened was just that Mega Man's wish to restore the world to "normal" (Sonic explained it was more willing things back to normal than simply time travel) included not only restoring the robots, but also removing things that weren't supposed to be in the world, like any trace of what happened with the blue Emerald.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Radz the Hedgehog » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:50 am

Tylinos wrote:Maybe what happened was just that Mega Man's wish to restore the world to "normal" (Sonic explained it was more willing things back to normal than simply time travel) included not only restoring the robots, but also removing things that weren't supposed to be in the world, like any trace of what happened with the blue Emerald.

This. Also, Mega Man did not know how the meeting between Wily and Eggman transpired so his idea of normal would not even have a starting point for including the Chaos Emerald stuff. Granted, he probably didn't remember the real world when he used Chaos Control anyhow, but there is the possibility that he did or that the process sort of accessed his original memories too.
Radz the Hedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby Bean » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:29 pm

I don't think they've been posted here yet, but here are the preview pages courtesy of Destructoid (with thanks to LBD for the link on The Mega Man Network):

Mega Man #28 Preview Pages
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Fastest » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:28 am

I just got the issue yesterday. I had a very good feeling about the issue from what I've heard. And I wasn't wrong. This was amazing! Roll being shot was shocking, as well as the last page. And Ra Moon showing Wily its past was kinda scary. A dark issue and a very good way to start the "Blackout: The Curse of Ra Moon" arc. And kudos to Jampole for his amazing art!
Fastest
BumbleFan

Postby Zack_GLC » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:29 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:

Well, they can, Capcom and Sega just won't let it happen.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby SimonSays » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:28 pm

They probably can, but why would they? Mega Man in Mega Man comic, Sonic in Sonic comic. The crossover was temporary, continuing to talk about them after would be joining their continuities and that was never the point. I doubt either company said that the crossover could never be brought up again ever, just that the books go back to normal and being about their respective characters. Having them forget everything about each others' worlds just makes it easier to deal with moving forward with their own stories.

I like Tylinos' explanation the best. I doubt they're going to explain it very in depth in the book, besides what was shown in Worlds Collide, so I'm happy enough with that answer.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:

Dr. Wily clearly says "Ivo" in Mega Man #23, and it was not part of the crossover...
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sockie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:46 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:

Dr. Wily clearly says "Ivo" in Mega Man #23, and it was not part of the crossover...

Saying "Ivo" is a lot different than saying "Robotnik" or "Eggman."
Sockie
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!