Mega Man #28 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Mega Man #28 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:24 am

Welp, folks are getting it. So long, crossover. We hardly knew ye.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: Mega Man #28 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Tylinos » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:56 am

Really wasn't expecting this direction for the issue, but I definitely liked it. Really dark, especially with the montage pages, and Blues accidentally blasting Roll. (And that image of flashback-lightning coming out of Wily's eyes was kind of disturbing too.) Wily's "last project"'ll probably be Ra Thor based on the game, but the story could go anywhere at this point with what's already changed. Also, I liked that Pedro ended up being the creator of Plant Man.

One thing I wasn't clear on: Did Wily take inspiration for the EMP Wave from the Genesis Wave? It's kind of implied he did, but it's hard to tell.
Tylinos
BumbleKnight

Postby Spin » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:18 am

And everything from Worlds Collide was forgotten. Kudos to Ian for reworking Roll's condition to actually make a lick of sense unlike Super Rockman Adventure where it was just tacked on and stupid. Not to mention the whole moment was very delicious if I say so myself.

Spoilers.

Mega Man and Break Man are back on the rooftop with no memory of the events of Worlds Collide. All the damage that was done to Mega Man, Guts Man, Cut Man, and Bomb Man is magically undone. Mega Man gives Break Man a chance to surrender which he refuses and they begin to fight.

Wily is back at his base, having forgotten everything as well. Mentioning having an urge to stomp on a carton of eggs. He reads his old logs and remembers his plan about activating the generator for the blackout. Once he activates the generator. Ra Moon comes out and takes credit for the plan claiming to have no more use for Wily and shows Wily a flashback of how it arrived on Earth. Being worshipped as a god by the natives and causing wars to break out, not impressed with their level of fighting. It buried the city and decided to wait for mankind to develop more.

Ra Moon tells Wily he'll watch as the people on Earth destroy themselves after the blackout and will finish off any survivors. Wily scared and shocked runs away to a computer monitor and finds himself unable to regain control of his Robot Masters. Wily quickly flees for his second lab somewhere wanting to fix the mess somehow.

Meanwhile with the fight on the rooftop, Break Man is getting a few good hits on Mega Man. But is unable to take on Guts Man, Cut Man, and Bomb Man together.

Light and Roll are in a crowd of people watching the fight on the ground near the building. Light tells Roll how he thinks the robot Mega Man is fighting is their long lost brother Blues. Hearing this Roll determinedly races off and quickly climbs up to the rooftop. Mega Man and the Robot Masters tell her it's dangerous, only for her to say that the robot might actually be Blues. Mega Man is surprised by this and as Break Man charges up his weapon to hit Mega Man, Roll gets in the way and is shot instead. Heartbreak ensues, Break Man included.

The wave just now goes off as Shadow Man, Top Man, and Wood Man run errands for Ra Moon and mentions how they will be unaffected by the wave. Everything electrical in the world starts to turn off or break. Lights, TVs, handheld video games, robots, cars, airplanes, and other stuff.

Robot Masters start to shut down from Bright Man and Pharaoh Man with Cossack. Quake Woman with Lalinde and surprisingly Plant Man who is with Pedro. Who seems to be his creator which I approve. Even Splash Woman, Fire Man, and Ice Man fall victim.

The Robot Masters fly into a rage and start beating on Break Man who doesn't bother to fight back while Mega Man clutches onto Roll. Suddenly the Robot Masters start to shut down. Mega Man warns Break Man to stay away from Roll before he shuts down too. Break Man is left standing on the roof unaffected and watches as the city falls into chaos below.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:38 am

Pedro's back?! I was hoping his bio would one day evolve beyond this: http://megamanmonthly.com/chars-pedro.php
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby Bean » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:36 am

I really liked the darker tone after what was mostly a lighthearted crossover event. The pictures of Fire Man, Splash Woman, the plane, and the operating room just set the whole tone for what this arc will be about without a ton of words. And of course, Roll getting blasted as well. Never expected that! Kudos to Ryan Jampole, Gary Martin, and Matt Herms for that if I'm reading the credits right, and of course, Ian, for that unexpected shift of tone. I'm glad you're taking liberties on what was such a subpar FMV game.

The only problem I have now for the preview pages is what music to use when they're actually made available! Not exactly a memorable soundtrack here with nobody having ripped the cutscene stuff at any point. But yeah, good issue. I liked it.
Bean
BumbleCitizen

Postby Max1996 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:38 am

Does anyone have any pictures?
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby SonicSoul » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:03 am

Hearing Break Man do something like that to Roll, despite it being an accident, kind of makes their interaction in Part 3 of WC all the more sweet now that I think about it.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:34 am

I actually liked Roll's condition being explained that way. Makes better sense than the "She's a girl" thing going on in the game. It's wonderfully dark and foreboding and Ryan's artwork is superb, some of his best yet! <3
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Max1996 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:37 am

Does anyone have any previews and/or pictures? I'm getting a bit anxious about it here.
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:49 am

I had a feeling WWC would be forgotten by the Mega Man crew. Do they literally act like nothing happened, no moment of anyone losing their bearings after the Genesis Wave fades out? And how does the opening recap deal with everything that's just happened?
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Penguin God » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:05 am

All of them forget Worlds Collide, and feel like they just tripped. Bomb Man, Cut Man and Guts Man are fixed up, as is Rock, so they can fight Break Man. Wily feels like he forgot a whole month, and so he forgets not just his plans with Eggman, but also the final bit of planning with Ra Moon. It's quick and convenient, allowing the story to continue as it should.
This whole issue was great: Ra Moon is incredibly evil, the pages of the blowout are very tense, and the family fighting amongst itself only to end in Roll getting shot up is very dramatic. I think the only thing I have a slight problem with is Ra Moon's motivation (it seems hard to figure out what said motivation is) but whether he loves war or just wants to wipe humanity out he's got PRESENCE to do it. Wily's big project trying to fix things certainly makes me excited, and I REALLY want to know how Mega Man will be brought back to fix things. Overall, it may be one of the best issues yet.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:12 am

What's the page count? I'm just wondering if Sonic #251 was 23 pages just because it was a finale or if that's Archies new Page limit.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Morgil » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:22 pm

megamanmonthly wrote:Pedro's back?! I was hoping his bio would one day evolve beyond this: http://megamanmonthly.com/chars-pedro.php

Whenever i click that link, my anti-virus plug-in gives me a huge red flag warning and won't let me in. And since i can't really recall who the heck Pedro is, i'd really like to see what that page says.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Postby Max1996 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Morgil wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:Pedro's back?! I was hoping his bio would one day evolve beyond this: http://megamanmonthly.com/chars-pedro.php

Whenever i click that link, my anti-virus plug-in gives me a huge red flag warning and won't let me in. And since i can't really recall who the heck Pedro is, i'd really like to see what that page says.

I made this screenshot, just for you.
http://postimg.org/image/frg00ifw3/
Max1996
BumbleFan

Postby Morgil » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks, though i still wonder why my anti-virus thinks that site is so dangerous.
Morgil
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to For Everlasting Peace!