Mega Man #30 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #30 Preview

Postby ClareSilver47 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:26 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:So am I the only one who likes Mike Cavallero's art in those previews? I think it looks really good.

I actually am with you. There are parts that are awkward but I like it as a whole
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 pm

RadRed89 wrote:I'm a little confused looking at those preview pages though. Didn't the last issue end with Mega Man saying he had a plan? What happened to that? Unless that was his plan...which seems kinda weird. :?

Mega Man was wishing he had kept their weapon data because he knows what's most effective against each of them. He then says something along the lines of doing "the next best thing," which we now see to mean stealing their weapons all over again.

Concerning the delays...

#28 advertised #29 as "on sale the week of 9/17," so that delay was known for a month prior. (I just don't think anyone noticed. I know I didn't.) However, #29 says #30 will be "in stores 10/9," so it's not like last month.

Either way, the last delay and this possible delay seems to only affect physical releases. #29 was still available for download on 9/11, and #30 is still on track to be released digitally this Wednesday.
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby ShadowBat20 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:21 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:So am I the only one who likes Mike Cavallero's art in those previews? I think it looks really good.

I think the art looks good, the characters look fine, it's just that the action just doesn't flow well. Like I said, the action is way too stiff.
ShadowBat20
BumbleClan

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:43 am

For the record: I have just got the digital version of MM#30.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Sockie » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:25 pm

This issue isn't on Diamond's list for next week either, so it looks like it's come out digitally a full two weeks early. It'd probably not be a good thing for Archie to keep doing that. =/
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:23 pm

Two weeks early? Oh come on. Sheesh. Kind of defeats the point of subscribing to get the comic early when it...you know...doesn't do that. :?
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Sunwalker » Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:17 pm

RadRed89 wrote:Two weeks early? Oh come on. Sheesh. Kind of defeats the point of subscribing to get the comic early when it...you know...doesn't do that. :?

At Comixology the MM comic always arrived at the second Wednesday of the month, and it is today the date that last page of the digital MM#29 told that MM#30 would be published. So it seems to be right date. I do not know how the dates of print/subscriptions work.

Regardless, I was surprised that nobody mentioned the issue yet the issue or that the mods did not start the spoiler/discussion thread. Is the print version is getting some distribution problems, maybe?

EDIT(Just to be on the safe side, to prove that I do have the issue): The fanart section as a drawing of Zero from Robert M.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby EvilEddie » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:17 pm

Well last month when retail was only delayed one week subscribers got it a week later than normal.

It stands to reason if retail is delayed two subscribers were as well, they probably will only get it starting this weekend at the earliest.

This is troubling regardless and I hope doesn't become a trend.
EvilEddie
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Are you sure it's delayed? Archie's Tumblr says it's out today.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Sockie » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:14 pm

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Are you sure it's delayed? Archie's Tumblr says it's out today.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

No comic store I know of got it today.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby DBlack » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:06 pm

So does anyone who did get it today want to, you know, talk about it?

Cause it was awesome.
DBlack
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mega Man Monthly » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:25 pm

OK, OK. Everyone seems to be really confused right now. Calm down.

• First, the "street date" is the date in which the comic becomes available EVERYWHERE. The comics usually show up a bit before this date for subscribers or in some comic shops, but as of the street date, the comic should be showing up in book stores, newsstands, etc. It's also when the issue becomes available through iVerse on Archie's digital comic store. And if you're a subscriber, you should not be getting your issue any later than the street date.

• Mega Man #29 was originally advertised in the solicits as street date 9/11.

• In the back of Mega Man #28, the release date for #29 was shown as 9/18. Few noticed this change, so everyone was surprised when #28 wasn't showing up everywhere on 9/11.

• Despite this, it still came out 9/11 digitally, and Archie still included it in all of their press material for releases that week.

• Mega Man #30 was advertised as street date 10/9 in the solicit.

• It was also advertised as 10/9 in the back of Mega Man #29, and like before, it is being included in all of Archie's press materials for releases for this week.

• The comic didn't "come out digitally two weeks early." I'm not sure what calendar you're using, but the comic is available for purchase online as of today, and today is 10/9, which is the street date.

I can give Archie a call tomorrow and see if the street date was delayed (unless Archie wants to chime in here :D). But, it's probably safe to assume that some kind of delay happened. Since Archie is holding true to these street dates for the digital versions, I imagine it has to do something with the printers. Remember that there were printing issues way back when with #3 that caused the issue to come out late. It's a possibility and it's not the end of the world... These things happen.

So calm down, and if you really can't wait... just drop $3 and read it online for the time being. I did, and instead of worrying about when I can get a copy to bag and store away in my closet... I'm loving the heck out of what happened with our heroes this month. :D
Mega Man Monthly
BumbleCitizen

Postby ClareSilver47 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Well from what I know, Archie's shipping has been wacky
The comic book store I normally go to sometimes gets the comics a week late, sometimes he's missing the variants, and in STH 252's case, he got 15 variant covers instead of 15 official covers. Another store I checked got the covers and for SU 55, despite ordering about 50 issues, did not get the limited variant
Sometimes I wonder if they'll fix that, since some of these mistakes are rather ridiculous.
ClareSilver47
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:03 pm

My comic book store haven been seeming to get my sonics a mega man wasn't there, I been having to pick them up at Barn and Norble.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby FeroMcPigletron » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Only saw the preview pages. Yeah, the action is a little stiff. Characters are drawn ok but we didn't see them in action last issue where it was all prep and talk.

Metal Man got a cool bit of characterization in one panel, haha.

Even since I saw Mega Man switching from arm cannon to regular hand, I assumed ALL robot masters can do the same thing. Isn't it the case?
FeroMcPigletron
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!