Page 7 of 9

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:32 pm
by Mega Man Monthly
The style matches the official game art very closely. It reminds me of Ben Bates and Jamal Peppers with elements from Ryan Jampole (especially the shading).

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:43 pm
by SonicSoul
megamanmonthly wrote:The style matches the official game art very closely. It reminds me of Ben Bates and Jamal Peppers with elements from Ryan Jampole (especially the shading).



Sounds great to me! :D

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:37 pm
by Sockie
That's awesome to hear! I look forward to seeing it.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:20 pm
by SonicBlueRanger
Max1996 wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:Just got my issue, and let. me. tell. you. Mike Cavallaro's art is stunning.

And yay! Pedro and Plant Man get a LOT of screen-time. Ever since Pedro's one-shot in #13, I was hoping he'd have a bigger role.


Is it good, compared to Tracy Yardley's attempts at Mega Man (which ends up looking more like a kid in a costume)?


I still think people are too hard on Tracy's Mega Man. I don't think there was anything wrong with it after part 5 and even then I blame a lot of the problems on Terry Austin.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 pm
by The KKM
Austin's inking worsened it, but all the art problems were there in the first place. Yardley!'s not drawing this issue though, so let's move on.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 pm
by ClareSilver47
Hm, well I do look forward to this issue, I'm completely in the dark for this, which is something rare for me, since I'm the type who hops online to find spoilers so nothing surprises me and I can see how and why events transpire while having the luxury of examining the comic/movie more closely

about Tracy's art in WWC, I didn't like how Mega Man looked like he was wearing his underwear on the outside

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 am
by LilacDownDeep
The less we gripe about Tracy's art here where it's unrelated, the better.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:51 pm
by EvilEddie

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:58 pm
by FritzyBeat
Max1996 wrote:
megamanmonthly wrote:Just got my issue, and let. me. tell. you. Mike Cavallaro's art is stunning.

And yay! Pedro and Plant Man get a LOT of screen-time. Ever since Pedro's one-shot in #13, I was hoping he'd have a bigger role.


Is it good, compared to Tracy Yardley's attempts at Mega Man (which ends up looking more like a kid in a costume)?

But... isn't that what Mega Man IS...? :|

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:10 pm
by Sockie


Yeah, I am very much liking Cavallaro's art!

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:20 pm
by LilacDownDeep
Cavallaro's art is very impressive. Definitely works alongside the other artists. I hope he works more on other series in the future.

Also, nice to see Ian's explained Roll's condition logically, as well as having the research team barely survive. Something that Inafune even griped about.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 pm
by SonicSoul
Looks like we now know how Pedro lost his arm....

And thirded on Cavallaro's art being pretty dang cool.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:29 pm
by Striker
SonicSoul wrote:Looks like we now know how Pedro lost his arm....

And thirded on Cavallaro's art being pretty dang cool.

4thed. If Jamp Man and Bates weren't my favorites right now Cavallaro would be. Also I got this issue at the sane time as Sonic Universe #56 so yeah. This happen to anyone else?

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:32 pm
by LilacDownDeep
I haven't even gotten mine yet. It's weird. It's a day before the official release of it.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:35 pm
by Sockie
LilacDownDeep wrote:I haven't even gotten mine yet. It's weird. It's a day before the official release of it.


No, it's not out until next week. It's not anywhere on Diamond's list for this week.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/952