Mega Man #29 Preview

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Mega Man #29 Preview

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Not to sound nasty LilacDownDeep and Dejimon11, but you have no reason to appreciate a change of topic. All you contributed to the debate was accusing me of complaining about something without giving it a try first (which is incorrect anyway), and LilacDownDeep you even admitted that you not even read my post with a 'too long did not read' comment. At least SonicBlueRanger and PenguinGod, while we have differing opinions, still made their case in a reasonable fashion (even if there was one-upsmanship going on) and they even managed to sway my opinion somewhat. This website is overtly and constantly hostile to dissenting opinions because of posters like you. If you do not even take time to read my opinion (which I at least posted supporting information for, admitted to a slight change of opinion, and left myself open for change rather than being closed minded) invalidating it in a rude way is certainly not good etiquette.

It's no wonder this website has become a solid chorus against other opinions if no one is even allowed to dissent without feeling like they need to be forced out by having their views invalidated. I apologize if this post seems overtly rude and offensive, but the fact is you should read someone's post before deciding I am complaining without reason. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, and I am not upset or anything, but I do think it should be said for future issues.

Special props to Captain Harlock and Shadowbat20, by the way.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby Dejimon11 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:03 pm

Im sorry if i offended you when i said not to make a final judgement about whats going on i meant it to everybody especially due to a certain thread on "this side of mobius". better yet remember when the crossover was announced and people when in arms about things until it actually happened(Bass appearing)
Dejimon11
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon May 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Actually I did read it. I read every thread that posts after me, including the 100 page long threads in the Sonic forums. I just wrote that there to save space but to show I was replying to you. tl;dr was probably not the proper way to say that. I'm sorry about the mixup, especially since recently I have been completely unable to formulate words coherently and now I think I'm getting sick, so it's just going to get worse.

Honestly I thought all sides were getting nasty. I just wanted to move on before it got worse.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Please do not get the wrong idea, I am not offended. It's just a silly little comic book after all. :(hearty laughter): I am just pointing out ways to improve discussions and not make people feel alienated from the fandom just because they have a dissenting opinion.

Although, we are talking serious business now that LBD_Nytetrayn and myself have shown that the Mega Man comic cures comic book diseases! The medical and printing industries are going to go berserk when this gets out.

Edit to reply to Lilac as well: It's all good my friend.
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon May 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Astrobot7000 wrote:Please do not get the wrong idea, I am not offended. It's just a silly little comic book after all. :(hearty laughter): I am just pointing out ways to improve discussions and not make people feel alienated from the fandom just because they have a dissenting opinion.

Although, we are talking serious business now that LBD_Nytetrayn and myself have shown that the Mega Man comic cures comic book diseases! The medical and printing industries are going to go berserk when this gets out.

Yeah I feel kind of bad anyway. I didn't want to come off as a complete butt like what happened a couple of pages ago over the comic book cover and even I tried to defend Kaminski. Plus what's going on in one of the other WC threads over Archie characters being included in the comic.

I guess I just got fed up and I sort of went over the edge sputtering, especially since I've been really stressed lately from the convention, driving, driving, and more driving and now I think I'm getting sick. I have no right to snap at people over here.

EDITS: Plus you gave me real cool idea to have a UNIT force in the Mega Man series.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Mon May 20, 2013 3:33 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:EDITS: Plus you gave me real cool idea to have a UNIT force in the Mega Man series.

I don't think Capcom'd agree with the bloodshed, unless they were all robots :P
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Considering that most everything UNIT was against was immune to bullets... Plus, having a Brigadier-type character in the MM Universe would be awesome. I mean, I can't imagine anybody who didn't like Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.

They could probably hold their own against The Stardroids since it was said they were only weak to plasma, however that brings up a good question... are the world's military really that pathetic that once Mega Man goes down the Stardroids immediately take over? Yeah I know they're super powerful alien robots, but in Doctor Who at least they managed far better.

It's also why I hated the Stardroids Arc in the manga cause it was so ridiculously one sided. At least the Doctor Who monsters had weaknesses despite being immune to bullets.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby BlackHawkOmega » Mon May 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Was that cover done in MS Paint?
BlackHawkOmega
BumbleNoble

Postby Penguin God » Mon May 20, 2013 8:48 pm

LilacDownDeep wrote:Are the world's military really that pathetic that once Mega Man goes down the Stardroids immediately take over? Yeah I know they're super powerful alien robots, but in Doctor Who at least they managed far better.

If the police could handle things without Mega Man, why would they even need him? The police couldn't handle the Wilybots. When it comes to the Stardroids, they're about five levels ABOVE.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby The KKM » Tue May 21, 2013 4:41 am

LilacDownDeep wrote:Considering that most everything UNIT was against was immune to bullets...

Didn't work much decently for them though, if your name wasn't Lethbridge-Stewart, Benton, Liz Shaw or Harry Sullivan, you'd likely be dead by the end of the serial :P
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Acrosurge » Tue May 21, 2013 8:19 am

LilacDownDeep wrote:They could probably hold their own against The Stardroids since it was said they were only weak to plasma,
Actually, Dr. Light stated that the Stardroids were constructed of an alien material that rendered all of Earth's weapons useless. This was why he needed to develop the "most powerful weapon ever devised" at that time to combat them. This weapon was the Mega Arm.

LilacDownDeep wrote:... are the world's military really that pathetic that once Mega Man goes down the Stardroids immediately take over? Yeah I know they're super powerful alien robots, but in Doctor Who at least they managed far better.
As stated earlier, it isn't that the military is lacking in Mega Man's world, but rather Light and Wily's robots (and by extension, the Stardroids) are too powerful for them to handle. Its rather a staple of the Mega Man series for the robots to be so powerful that only a handful of heroes can stand up to them. This is much like the staples within Doctor Who of the Sonic Screwdriver's ability to manipulate most things technological or the Tardis being the ultimate ship.

LilacDownDeep wrote:It's also why I hated the Stardroids Arc in the manga cause it was so ridiculously one sided. At least the Doctor Who monsters had weaknesses despite being immune to bullets.
It was one sided. I guess that's kind of a convention in Japanese fiction; to have unbeatable foes who force the hero to attain a new level of power or will to defeat them.

As for there being a Brigadier-type character, I like the idea. Any Whovian traits brought into Mega Man, if done respectfully, would be a good thing!
Spoiler: show
I like the idea of a plucky, unflappable warrior, who'd face any odds with charm and wit, even if he knew the threat would run him over. I wouldn't want such a character to be able to counter Wily most of the time, though, since that would take away from Mega Man and Light's role in the story.
Acrosurge
BumbleFan

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue May 21, 2013 11:35 am

Penguin God wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:Are the world's military really that pathetic that once Mega Man goes down the Stardroids immediately take over? Yeah I know they're super powerful alien robots, but in Doctor Who at least they managed far better.

If the police could handle things without Mega Man, why would they even need him? The police couldn't handle the Wilybots. When it comes to the Stardroids, they're about five levels ABOVE.

UNIT =/= Police

Acrosurge wrote:
LilacDownDeep wrote:They could probably hold their own against The Stardroids since it was said they were only weak to plasma,
Actually, Dr. Light stated that the Stardroids were constructed of an alien material that rendered all of Earth's weapons useless. This was why he needed to develop the "most powerful weapon ever devised" at that time to combat them. This weapon was the Mega Arm.

LilacDownDeep wrote:... are the world's military really that pathetic that once Mega Man goes down the Stardroids immediately take over? Yeah I know they're super powerful alien robots, but in Doctor Who at least they managed far better.
As stated earlier, it isn't that the military is lacking in Mega Man's world, but rather Light and Wily's robots (and by extension, the Stardroids) are too powerful for them to handle. Its rather a staple of the Mega Man series for the robots to be so powerful that only a handful of heroes can stand up to them. This is much like the staples within Doctor Who of the Sonic Screwdriver's ability to manipulate most things technological or the Tardis being the ultimate ship.

LilacDownDeep wrote:It's also why I hated the Stardroids Arc in the manga cause it was so ridiculously one sided. At least the Doctor Who monsters had weaknesses despite being immune to bullets.
It was one sided. I guess that's kind of a convention in Japanese fiction; to have unbeatable foes who force the hero to attain a new level of power or will to defeat them.

That's not what I mean. I mean that the police in the Mega Man series are somehow completely overpowered. Even UNIT could hold their own even if they were losing to a powerful enemy. Look at The Sontaran Stratagem or the Planet of the Dead. They needed the Doctor's help but they were able to hold their own when kicks came to close.

Kind of like how Roselyn was able to hold her own against the Robot Masters. She needed Mega Man's help but she was able to keep up. At least compared to the Stardroid Manga Arc where everybody was completely owned or in the games where humans are useless without robots in MM10.

Well, that whole 'one sided fight against the hero' is kind of a cliche these days... But yeah I would like a UNIT-like group in the Mega Man series. It would bring in more humans since there were only like... four in the Classic series.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue May 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Lilac You keep bringing up UNIT and trust me I'd love to see an oganization similar to them but I kinda doubt Ian's a Doctor Who fan. No Who fan would be able to write Silver The Hedgehog and not once crack a Timey-Wimey joke.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue May 21, 2013 7:44 pm

I've been wanting to get into Who. Maybe Ian and I can get together and make a weekend of it. Next thing you know, English accents for everyone!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby LilacDownDeep » Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 pm

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Lilac You keep bringing up UNIT and trust me I'd love to see an oganization similar to them but I kinda doubt Ian's a Doctor Who fan. No Who fan would be able to write Silver The Hedgehog and not once crack a Timey-Wimey joke.

*sigh* I guess I'll have to accept the tru-

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:I've been wanting to get into Who. Maybe Ian and I can get together and make a weekend of it. Next thing you know, English accents for everyone!

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

DO IT. I DON'T HAVE TO ACCEPT THE FACT THAT IAN MAY HAVE NOT SEEN DOCTOR WHO OR IS NOT A FAN. <3 I mean, it is one of the original Sci Fi shows, along with some of the other classics.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!