Archie's Mega Man Chronology (Complete, Mirror Available)

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:21 pm

Added issue 23
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby TheFatPanda » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:52 pm

You may as well just stick all of the crossover issues in there now too. Diamonddeath has already done that in the Sonic timeline...
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:13 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:You may as well just stick all of the crossover issues in there now too. Diamonddeath has already done that in the Sonic timeline...

I'm waiting until they come out. Don't know if Ian will pull a fast one and one of the issues takes place before one that previously came out, like a flashback.

Also, I'm going to let you guys know that I'm doing this from Mega Man's POV. Since characters are going to be hopping around time and dimensions, I'd figure I needed a point of reference to make any logic out of the chronologic
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Added Sonic Universe #50 and changed the saga's around to reflect the crossover.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Added Sonic the Hedgehog 247. Considering how Eggman behaved in this issue and Sonic Universe #50, I'm putting the Prequel order as follows

SU 50, then MM 23, then STH 247, but I'm fairly sure MM and STH happen concurrently.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:07 pm

Added Mega Man #24, and as I suspected, the story isn't presented in chronological order, so I'm not putting any of the future issues in until they come out.

EDIT: Also from what we seen so far, I may be moving SU 50 around if/when they explained how Bass got there.

EDIT: The chronology of this story is also very weird. I expect to see some strange things happening once SU 51 comes out

EDIT: I think I got 24 down pat. What do you guys think?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Ian made a post recently here in which he says that reality shifted to post Mega Man 10 times with the wave. Wily is the Wily from before Mega Man 3, but he gained the knowledge of the future.

This means I have to change the timeline around a bit.

what do you think about it?

EDIT: This should be the last edit until Sonic Universe 51 comes out.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology (Spoilers)

Postby TheFatPanda » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm not sure the "future" that Wily and Eggman fast forward to should really be considered the future of the Archie Mega Man universe. If anything, it's simply the future of this reset Genesis world, meaning it shouldn't really have any relevence to the Archie MM timeline as a whole.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:44 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:I'm not sure the "future" that Wily and Eggman fast forward to should really be considered the future of the Archie Mega Man universe. If anything, it's simply the future of this reset Genesis world, meaning it shouldn't really have any relevence to the Archie MM timeline as a whole.

Well Ian's "Mega Man World is After Mega Man 10" is the only bit of info we have on it, or will possibly ever have. I probably won't have a more solid place for this timeline until we ee how the Mega Man characters are affected. By all accounts, they will probably forget everything that happened, adn we'll have no way of telling if this is a canon future prime timeline until after the Mega Man 10 adaptation.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:47 pm

The Genesis Wave made it the game world, after all the games have finished.
That's what you should be getting out of it.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:11 pm

Penguin God wrote:The Genesis Wave made it the game world, after all the games have finished.
That's what you should be getting out of it.

I PM'd Ian for clarification, and he said wait until the crossover was over.

Until then, I will be using this as the official "Word of God" explanation for what the Genesid Wave did

Ian Flynn wrote:Thanks to the Genesis Wave 2.0, the crossover takes place:
- after Mega Man 10
- after Sonic Generations

Now, Sonic Generations didn't happen in the Sonic comic, but Mega Man is following the games more or less. Considering he said this quote in response to "why is Bass here" it's pretty nebulous, but it seems more likely than not that the crossover is actually taking place in the future. Wily himself says he has memories of the future after the Genesis Wave, so with the evidence from Ian and from the comic, I'm going to say that the wave physically moved Wily into the future and Gamified Mobius Prime again.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 am

I thought Genesis was the comic's Sonic Generations adapt unless Ian is planing on a Turtles Forever style crossover between Modern Archie Sonic and
Spoiler: show
Classic Sonic or Classic Archie Sonic or SatAM Sonic
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:38 am

The Sonic Generations adaption was after Genesis. It was a five page non-canon thing like usual. The Genesis wave altered reality to make it more game-like and go back to the past where Sonic and Eggman first met.

In Mega Man 23/Sonic the Hedgehog 247, Eggman and Wily fire a Genesis wave again. This time it makes Mobius Prime like the game world and pushes Mega Man to after Mega Man 10
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:03 pm

Wait are there two worlds or one? Did the Genesis Wave make a Sonic Game world and Mega Man game world or a co Sonic/Mega Man world?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 am

ReifuTD wrote:Wait are there two worlds or one? Did the Genesis Wave make a Sonic Game world and Mega Man game world or a co Sonic/Mega Man world?

Eggman and Wily made the Skull Egg Zone
the Genesis Wave altered the two worlds
The crossover takes place on all three worlds. Altered Mobius Prime, Mega Man's earth in the future, and the Skull Egg Zone.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!