Archie's Mega Man Chronology (Complete, Mirror Available)

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby diamonddeath » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:33 pm

I love it! I see I have inspired you, haha! :D
User avatar
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 2108
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:44 am

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:28 pm

diamonddeath wrote:I love it! I see I have inspired you, haha! :D

indeed. I'm surprised no one has done it yet.

Now I'm more excited for the next issue, so I can start splitting "rock of ages" up
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:Still think that the Wily half of Spiritus Ex Machina should be noted as it's own story, All the cover in that arc features the ARTS half of the story. Atleast something like Mega Man #13-16: Spiritus Ex Machina Part 1-4 (Rockman Adventure prologue). I wonder if theres an offical name for that side story though?

I don't see a need for it. It's part of the arc, and happening at the same time. If you're reading this in chronological order, you'll catch the side plot in its proper order.


I guess that fine and dandy but if you try to read the list as a timeline by it's self it will a little confusing later on. But yeah I see what your doing. Maybe you should add more side notes there is plenty of room for them, for example.

Saga 1: Let the Games Begin
Mega Man #1: Let the Games Begin Part 1 (main story-Light introduces Robot Masters, Wily steals them, Rock turned into Megaman)
Mega Man #2: Let the Games Begin Part 2 (Megaman fights first three Robot Masters)
Mega Man #16: Spiritus Ex Machina (Flashback-Xander's injury)
Mega Man #3: Let the Games Begin Part 3 (Megaman fights second three of Robot Masters)
Mega Man #1: Let the Games Begin Part 1(introduction)
Mega Man #4: Let the Games Begin Part 4 (Wily Base assault, Wily arrested, first six RMs reprogamed by Light)
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:46 am

ReifuTD wrote:
Mavrickindigo wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:Still think that the Wily half of Spiritus Ex Machina should be noted as it's own story, All the cover in that arc features the ARTS half of the story. Atleast something like Mega Man #13-16: Spiritus Ex Machina Part 1-4 (Rockman Adventure prologue). I wonder if theres an offical name for that side story though?

I don't see a need for it. It's part of the arc, and happening at the same time. If you're reading this in chronological order, you'll catch the side plot in its proper order.


I guess that fine and dandy but if you try to read the list as a timeline by it's self it will a little confusing later on. But yeah I see what your doing. Maybe you should add more side notes there is plenty of room for them, for example.

Saga 1: Let the Games Begin
Mega Man #1: Let the Games Begin Part 1 (main story-Light introduces Robot Masters, Wily steals them, Rock turned into Megaman)
Mega Man #2: Let the Games Begin Part 2 (Megaman fights first three Robot Masters)
Mega Man #16: Spiritus Ex Machina (Flashback-Xander's injury)
Mega Man #3: Let the Games Begin Part 3 (Megaman fights second three of Robot Masters)
Mega Man #1: Let the Games Begin Part 1(introduction)
Mega Man #4: Let the Games Begin Part 4 (Wily Base assault, Wily arrested, first six RMs reprogamed by Light)

If you want to make little things like this yourself, I might add them to the thing, but the purpose of this thread is to providing a reading order for those who want to see this chronologically, not spoil what actually happens.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:20 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:If you want to make little things like this yourself, I might add them to the thing, but the purpose of this thread is to providing a reading order for those who want to see this chronologically, not spoil what actually happens.


Honestly, I was thinking it doesn't need to have a comment after every issue, the bare minimum would be noting if saga/story arc is an adption of a game maybe the first appearce of characters. Could make out diffent types of chronological timelines. Like one just for issues order anotehr of meetings and events. Maybe another timeline that tries to figure out how many day/months/years pass by befor and after First Robot Master attack. Specially since Rock of Ages implys that years pass between now and I think theres new years issue comming up plus I think an issue about Mega Man's one anniversary in the Archie Mega Man world. It's all basiclly Archie's Mega Man Chronology so it's something more to talk about here.
Last edited by ReifuTD on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Well, as long as we don't have to write down the DATES... Though I have all of that written down.
User avatar
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: The Lone Star State

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Well in my mind the Events Time line would go like this a little like this,

*
-Wily is banned from robotics,
-Drs Light and Wily activates Blues under military contract,
-Blues runs away from Dr. Light,
-**
-Light and Wily found Light Labs,
-Robot Masters revealed to the World,
-Wily steals Robots Masters and attacks the city,
-Xander injured in the attack,
-Wily defeated,
-First six Robot Mansters reprogamed by Light,
-Time Man and Oil Man activates under Wily's control,
- Stern and Krantz first appear,
-Time Man and Oil Man reprogamed by Light,

And so one, although I left out when the *Drs first met and **Rock and Roll where built because. The might have met befor or after Wily's ban. Rock and Roll could also have been built befor or after Light's Labs where founded.

Well the other timeline would go like this,

Saga 0: Proto-type- 1-2 years befor BMM (Befor Mega Man) Atleast a month after-Blues runs away.

Saga 1: Let the Games Begin- Wily attacks city Mega Man is born.

Saga 2: Time Keeps Slipping- About a month AMM (After Mega Man)

Saga 3: The Return of Dr. Wily- 2 months AMM,

Saga 4: Spiritus Ex Machina- Between end of Summer and begaining of Fall

Mega Man #17: Construction Derby
Mega Man #18: Cold Feat
Mega Man #19: Roll With It!
^Fall
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 am

I'm thinking of seperating the comic into years as well. Proto-type is probably 199X, Issues 1-20 is probably 200X, and issue 21 probably starts up 20XX.

Then, if we get more issues set in the X timeline or something, I can put "21XX" or whatever.

We'll have to wait and see when issue 21 comes out.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby LilacDownDeep » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:I'm thinking of seperating the comic into years as well. Proto-type is probably 199X, Issues 1-20 is probably 200X, and issue 21 probably starts up 20XX.

Then, if we get more issues set in the X timeline or something, I can put "21XX" or whatever.

We'll have to wait and see when issue 21 comes out.


Oh boy, good luck on that. I've done a game canon year timeline and it's pretty messy. Also MM4 starts in 20XX.
User avatar
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:41 pm
Location: The Lone Star State

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 pm

I like that.

Oh boy, good luck on that. I've done a game canon year timeline and it's pretty messy. Also MM4 starts in 20XX.


Not in the comics continuity it doesn't. 21 is set at new years.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:59 pm

I added issue #21 and separated the events by years in which they take place. I'm not quite sure of Prototype is 19XX or early 200X

Issue 20 is now separated by "Present day" and "Not-too-distant Future." I have a feeling that Issue 20 will be at the farthest point in the future for a good bit of time, unless "Worlds Collide" happens after it, which is a distinct possibility.

Oh boy, good luck on that. I've done a game canon year timeline and it's pretty messy. Also MM4 starts in 20XX.


Not at all. 90% of Mega Man's stories is going to take place in 20XX. I don't expect to add anything to other years unless there are flashbacks to previous eras (maybe a Ra Moon Flashback, or more with WIly and Light before "Let the Games Begin." And I don't expect anything past 20XX unless they adapt games from other series.

Also adding names of games that are being adapted in the sagas.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Damo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Not sure if this fits with what you're doing, since we haven't seen a flashback, but waaaay back in issue 1 Thomas talked about how he and Albert went to school together ("I haven't forgotten all the work we did in University"), and in issue 13 Kalinka said that her dad told her that he used to study with Thomas and Noele LaLinde when they were younger (when Cossack came to "this country" to do his PhD thesis work).

Issue 13 also had Thomas ask Mikhail if anyone else from "The Old Gang" was there, presumably meaning there were more people in their circle than just Light, Wily, LaLinde, and Cossack (if Noele was the only other person from "The Old Gang", he'd have just asked about her specifically).
User avatar
Damo
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 518
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:13 am

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Just mentions of the past won't be enough to warrant a mention on the chronology
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:52 pm

Added Issue 22 to the timeline.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Archie's Mega Man Chronology

Postby Mavrickindigo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Edited the "sagas' based on the solicit of the Graphic Novel volume 5
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron