Did you like the Megaman cartoon?

Forum devoted to Mega Man by Archie Comics.

What do you think of the Megaman cartoon?

It was pretty cool
42%
It was ok
46%
It was a disgrace to the games
12%

Total votes : 26

Re: Did you like the Megaman cartoon?

Postby Sockie » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Well, now we know why Light never finished X. After the authorities found out how he was abusing Rock and Roll, Light probably had no choice but to flee the country!
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Tcat » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Except that I think that Light in the GIF was a robot double ;P
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Sockie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Hush. We finally have a chance to expose Light for the nefarious villain he is! D=

But more on-topic, I never had much of an opinion on the cartoon. It was just... there. Not awesome, not horrible; just there. That said, it might have been a little better if it actually used the game art design.
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Sockie wrote:Hush. We finally have a chance to expose Light for the nefarious villain he is! D=

Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Tcat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:58 pm

I remember reading somewhere that they were originally going to keep the game design, but censors/whomever thought it wouldn't catch on and be thought as too kiddie, so they buffed everyone up and Americanized it and make it EXTREEEEEME.
Tcat
BumbleClan

Postby Sockie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:59 pm

That's what I've heard as well. Alas, what could have been...
Sockie
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:24 pm

I think it was a good idea they changed the design

seeing something that looked like the game characters acting like that would just remove the show's charm.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:09 am

I heard it was focus groups, rather than censors.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:37 pm

I watched this cartoon few years ago. It was so bad, that you couldn't help but kinda like it... and after 7 episode or so I got bored. Really, there was nothing special about it.
On the plus site it had amazing intro and was fairly faithful to games (except of ProtoMan, but they did it on purpose).
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Sunwalker » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:13 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:I watched this cartoon few years ago. It was so bad, that you couldn't help but kinda like it... and after 7 episode or so I got bored. Really, there was nothing special about it.
On the plus site it had amazing intro and was fairly faithful to games (except of ProtoMan, but they did it on purpose).

It has been four years since the previous post... Just a friendly reminder:

Rules wrote:1.10 - Thread Necromancy
(It's alive! Alive!)
"Thread necromancy" refers to replying to a topic that has long since run its course. (Updated 5/27/12) Any thread without activity after three months is considered dead, unless the new post brings something substantial to the topic. An in-depth reaction of a paragraph or more, new media or information are considered "substantial." A one line agreement or reaction is not. Threads six months old or more are off limits entirely; make a new thread in that instance.
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored

Postby Mavrickindigo » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:48 pm

This thread Necromancy made me see some evidence of pre-MML3, pre-cynical me.

Anyway, I like the cartoon. Its rather goofy in how "off" it is.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:11 pm

*Isn't sure to continue thread necromancy but still wants to say something*

I've only watched a few episodes of this last year on YouTube, and it's.....some fun with extra cheese. Definitely 'so bad it's good' for me. It's silly, but pretty harmless as far as TV shows based on game franchises go. I could think of worse in terms of writing or taking the most liberties with the source material. It is quite surreal to Proto Man act like such a jerk-villain in this series though. But I'm not quite sure how to understand his whole "brother" talk whenever he talks about or directly to Mega Man. On one hand, it is an interesting relationship to see the 'bad' brother try to coax the 'good' brother to joining him otherwise "fight me." But for the other, isn't he a creation of Wily's rather than Light's in this continuity? Unless I missed an important episode somewhere that shows/states he was made by Light, Proto Man's whole "you and I are brothers" trump card doesn't make much sense if he's not some long-lost brother of theirs in other continuities. Though I could totally headcanon that he was probably programmed by Wily to think that way.

EDIT: 2600 post. Neat.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Huh, didn't even realize the topic was that old...

Oh well. If you've got something substantial to add, I guess, now's the time.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:04 am

SonicSoul wrote: But for the other, isn't he a creation of Wily's rather than Light's in this continuity? Unless I missed an important episode somewhere that shows/states he was made by Light, Proto Man's whole "you and I are brothers" trump card doesn't make much sense if he's not some long-lost brother of theirs in other continuities. Though I could totally headcanon that he was probably programmed by Wily to think that way.

EDIT: 2600 post. Neat.

Congrats :)

Anyway, I watched a whole series and I can answer this question.
Light and Willy built together a robot. Then Willy stole specs and build.... A Protoman. Yep. A proto-protoman is never seen again. (although wikipedia says that proto-proto was rebuilt into Protoman, so maybe I missed something) And then Light created Rock, Roll and original six. But Protoman still calls Megaman "bro", saying that they were created from the same specs.

All of this was in the first episode.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicSoul » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:35 am

I recall him as well. But I don't consider him and Proto Man to be the same person unless robots can suddenly grow and mature like normal children, even if they do share an identical color scheme.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to For Everlasting Peace!