Sonic and Gmod/SFM

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Sonic and Gmod/SFM

Postby Xabin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:49 pm

If this is in the wrong place, forgive me, just didn't know if this should go on the main Sonic thread or the kreative korner, considering it deals with a game-based render/animation program.

I've been playing around with SFM for a while, mostly with stuff like MLP and Sonic, and with Sonic, I like the vast amount of models available for it, but am disappointed with the lack of maps for it; the only real map I can find that is really Sonic-y that I can use is a bunch of Green Hill Zone rip-offs. I'm also surprised that the only non-game Sonic characters that are available are Sally; I know there's a few DA modelers that do Sega-style comic character models, but they're not available for SFM, yet (I guess ApocHedgie hasn't gotten to them, yet?).

So, do you guys like stuff done with Sonic in SFM or Gmod? And if so, what are your favorite renders/animations made for them?
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Re: Sonic and Gmod/SFM

Postby The Jazzyman » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:40 pm

What are my favorite animations? Have you ever heard of Balena Productions? The channel has really good SFM and gmod animations. It is technically NSFW sometimes though.
The Jazzyman
BumbleFan

Re: Sonic and Gmod/SFM

Postby Xabin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:56 pm

Yeah. I know of an artist on DA that makes semi-NSFW headhacked models for Sonic, and they're pretty good; they even have SFW versions that you can use for normal stuff. I think he's got models for Sally, Vanilla, Blaze, Rouge, Amy Rose, Sonic, Silver, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles, Vector, and Espio done, and I'm not sure what else he has planned. He was going to fix up the rigging for a pair of gender-bent Rotor and Cobar models that I got done by an artist named Wolvalix that I love, but he dropped off the face of the internet sometime in mid-October, and hasn't been back since. I do know those models are popular with SFM Sonic fans, though, despite being unfinished (aside from the broken rigging, which causes the jackets to clip horribly when the arms are posed, there's an unbodygrouped Iron Rotor suit for Rotor that needs to be put on hir), so who knows?

EDIT: He managed to fix those Rotor/Cobar models I mentioned, so the only issue that needs to be addressed is for him to bodygroup Rotor's nanite suit on his models. Sadly, I can't show off the models, because of exposed naughty bits, but they were done by an artist on Tumblr by name of Wolvalix, from a series of pics done by another artist named PherociousEso, who got the design for Cobar from a DA artist named Joe Adok who gave me permission to use it to make my own version of the character with it. Frankly, they look fantastic, and I'm highly proud of them.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner