Archie Sonic: Online - MOVING! Check OP for link

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Re: New Archie Sonic: Online Discussion -Sign Up 4 Test Stor

Postby GentlemanX » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:40 pm

We're actually doing some organizational restructuring now so it's a perfect time to volunteer. If you'd like some practice with drawing a comic, take a look at the story draft I have posted a little earlier on the previous page. It'll give you a taste of what working on something like this would be like.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Here, three shots at Eli-za. Comment and ponder what elements you like, which ones you don't, etc.

The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby QuantamEdge » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:29 am

I quite like the addition of the metal arm. Anything that reminds me of MetalGreymon is a winner in my opinion :P As for which version's best, I'd go with the one on the right in green. If I recall, she wasn't an evil character, (didn't she leave with Remington so they could get away from the DL?) so giving her a more innocent look about her is a good decision.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby GentlemanX » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:30 pm

I think the green design is the prettiest and the most Sega like, though there are aspects of the others I like too. The more alien like appearance of the middle one matches Kragok I feel, while the haggard appearance of the left one feels right given having to deal with life with the likes of Kragok and Lien-da.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby faceclams » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Yeah, I like #3 the most, I also like #2's robot arm.
faceclams
BumbleNewbie

Postby faceclams » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:12 am

I finished the pencils for the first page, any feedback? How clean should the lineart be? Is it okay for it to be sketchier?
faceclams
BumbleNewbie

Postby GentlemanX » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Oh, cool! I like it, the characters are all on model and there's a clear sense of what each one is doing and thinking. Since it appears you have already inked it, it'd be mostly whether you want to ink your own pages going forward; that'd be the most important in collaborating with other artists. I'll admit I'm no artist, so if someone else more suited to that (SimonSays? KKM?) would like to chime in that'd be most appreciated.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Over at StC-O the penciller is expected to ink too simply because there's not enough people to do it. Seems to me that makes the most sense for this format.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby GentlemanX » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:48 pm

I do look forward to seeing more faceclams. :D

KKM, would it be possible to get some possible designs for Topaz and Westwood from Sonic X? You can include their show outfits too, but feel free to play with them. They should be in their GUN uniforms though.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:18 am

I don't know what spirit you want to take with this, but I think it works the best if you try to stick as much as possible to "this is how Archie'd really do it"- in which case I doubt Sonic X characters would be redesigned in anyway, at least in their first appearances :P but I'll warm up later with some sketches, sure, and see what comes out
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Ian PK » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:06 pm

I'm soooo sorry I didn't even know this thread existed I feel like such an idiot for not posting here but...

Hi! I'm Ian PK, and I'm a writer for this comic series! As embarrassed as I am to say it, I almost forgot about this project because we went so long without Ian Flynn's Lost Hedgehog Tales even seeing any news relating to it, but now that chapter 1 is here, I'm getting back into action! Hopefully you guys will like my work! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Now it's time to read the 13 pages of posts I missed.... :shock:
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

Postby TuxKnux » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:11 pm

LiamKawa wrote:I'm soooo sorry I didn't even know this thread existed I feel like such an idiot for not posting here but...

Hi! I'm Ian PK, and I'm a writer for this comic series! As embarrassed as I am to say it, I almost forgot about this project because we went so long without Ian Flynn's Lost Hedgehog Tales even seeing any news relating to it, but now that chapter 1 is here, I'm getting back into action! Hopefully you guys will like my work! :mrgreen:

Oh, hi! I'm one of the editors from the dA group. I'm glad to see that you're rejoining us! Feel free to send any scripts, ideas, or questions you have my way either here or on deviantArt. I'd be happy to provide some feedback. :)
TuxKnux
BumbleNewbie

Postby Ian PK » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:20 am

TuxKnux wrote:
LiamKawa wrote:I'm soooo sorry I didn't even know this thread existed I feel like such an idiot for not posting here but...

Oh, hi! I'm one of the editors from the dA group. I'm glad to see that you're rejoining us! Feel free to send any scripts, ideas, or questions you have my way either here or on deviantArt. I'd be happy to provide some feedback. :)

Wayy ahead of you! I'm not sure who can see it yet, but I posted a journal entry in the dA group with a story idea of mine... :D
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

Postby GentlemanX » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:24 am

LiamKawa, how much of the SA2 script have you written? Would you be able to divide it into smaller increments? 5-7 pages ideally.

Here we've been trying to get test scripts about that length in the hopes to illustrate them, which our lack of artists has made difficult but we do have people here interested. Would you be interested in writing a simple, original story of about that length?
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian PK » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:14 pm

I've done the first draft of part 1 and I've started part 2.
Um, I guess they could be broken up, but I would hate to do that. I don't know about you, but one of the most important things to me in doing anything with this group is making these stories as authentic as possible— I want it to feel like an Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comic you would find on the stands alongside anything up until the reboot, and cutting the stories down to 7 pages detracts from that.
However! I would love to write a backup style story at that length to fill the void, and in fact I'm writing a rewrite of Naugus' possession of Geoffrey in this format as we speak. I also have at least one backup story relating to the SA2 arc planned, so there's that.

EDIT:
I have some other things to say, and I suppose this would be the best place to say them.

#1: Is this the official forum for our comic now? If so, maybe we should change the name to Sonic: Mobius & Mobius Legends or something along those lines.

#2: Just as a suggestion, why not use smackjeeves to host the comic alongside tumblr? I could make it and manage it if you like. While tumblr is great because of the ability for fans to easily reblog and spread the comic, smackjeeves is made specifically for comic hosting and I think it would do it a lot more justice.

#3: What's the agreed method of private communication between group members? I could give my Skype name if that would work...
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner