Sonic Webcomics: gotta catch em all!

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Sonic Webcomics: gotta catch em all!

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Ok, So I love stories about Sonic. But I played games, read comics, watched cartoons, where to go next? I really can't find those dang manga...
I know! A fan creation.
So I want to ask you if you know any good Sonic webcomics (not fanfics, not fan games, not fan animation. I'll get to them later). Please give them short description, like premise or mood of them.

And to not start empty handed, here's few I know (WARNING: I can't guarantee that all of them are all ages material)

EDIT: Since now I know that Kreative Korner plays that role, just think about this topic as "MetalSkulkBane's web comics list"

Not Enough Rings - comical strips about classic trilogy, kinda like off-panels to games. Very short, one comic for each act/boss. Good for small laugh.

Sonic Genesis - dark version of Sonic in something that I think suppose to be Final Fanstasy-like world. Art is more realistic, there is slight nudity, swearing etc. I'm not big fan, but some ideas are kinda cool. Look at Scratch and Grounder. They use characters from games, Archie and few other medias.

Sonic Eggs - fan continuation of Sonic X comics. Actually very funny, but it didn't moved in long time (so it's very short). Still, you MUST see this and this.

Ghosts of the Future - fan comics by Evan Stanley, one of comics artist. Again, a dark version of Sonic, but more classy then Genesis. No nudity and stuff, just trying to make dark story with Sonic. Focuses on main hedgehog trio and... I don't have much to say. Even Stanley draws is, so it looks awesome. Go Evan!

Sonic Satam Season 3 - another fan continuation. To be honest, I'm not big fan of Satam, but this feels very much in the spirit of it, just more a bit more serious (thanks Ancient Walkers, no annoying Antoine). Artwork is great, so I'm pretty sure some of you will love it.

Sonic: Child of the Green Hills - this is MUST READ. It's very short (less than 30 min read), but very good. Adaptation of Sonic's origin (the one from Sonic Early Cannon, with Ovi Kintobor), but with references to later games.Very touching. And I found on with this forum (today!). Thanks Afrobot (too bad you probably wont' read this).

Sonic The Comic Online - semi official continuation of "Sonic the Comic", a British Sonic comic published by Fleetway. This one is a biggy and while I don't think it's that good, I can definitely admire the work putted into it. And if you never read Fleetway, don't worry, there is a recap of all major events that happened in the comic. They even got few official artists from StC (plus Yardley) to draw them few segments.

Two Evil Scientists - Sonic/Megaman crossover webcomic. Technically premise is that Eggman and Willy team up, but in practice it just loosely focus on two franchises interact. Good mix of comedy and action adventures, with a little slice of life here and there. It starts just as another boring sprites comics, but trust me, it gets better with time. Easily my favorite webcomic on this list (sorry Child of Green Hills).

Lastly, if you REALLY stretch definition of Sonic comics, then Brawl in Family is really funny comics about Super Smash Bros character. Sonic is in... twenty strips perhaps? It's pretty mediocre at start, but get's better later on.

EDIT: Geez, I almost forgot about Other M - a fan comics made by Ian Flynn before he became a writer of Archie comics. In it Sonic lands in the much darker version of Archie Mobius, in which Knuckles is an evil dictator. I don't love it (even Flynn admits that it was flawed), but it's interesting to see how Flynn started. It was never finished, since Flynn had more important project to take care of (you know, writing your favorite Sonic comic).

Also, DON'T read Chaos Diamonds 3. I'm mentioning it due to it's size and being finished, but expcet for that there is nothing good about it. It's a terrible story, being to be dark for no reason, having everyone out of character and most annoying anime cliches. Someone actually told me that it gets better later, so I read it whole like a chump. Do yourself a favor and don't do it.
Last edited by MetalSkulkBane on Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:16 am, edited 8 times in total.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic Webcomics: gotta catch em all!

Postby TheFatPanda » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:18 pm

Not For Resale- series of one-shot gag comics. Unfortunately it hasn't been updated for a few years now (2011 I believe), but it still has a large backlog to enjoy. Strong language and sex references warning.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby squeakyboots13 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:38 pm

Isn't this sort of thing what the KreativeKorner is for?
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Pretty much.

And I'll just say that Sonic Eggs broke my heart, and I'll never love another Sonic webcomic again.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri May 01, 2015 3:20 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Pretty much.

And I'll just say that Sonic Eggs broke my heart, and I'll never love another Sonic webcomic again.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Ok, my bad, sorry ^^;

Geez, what was so wrong with Sonic Eggs?
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri May 01, 2015 9:18 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:Pretty much.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"

Ok, my bad, sorry ^^;

Geez, what was so wrong with Sonic Eggs?

They stopped updating it! :cry:

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby OncleSam » Fri May 01, 2015 10:11 am

Child Of Green Hill is clearly the best thing I've read in a long time. The story is well played, the details coincide almost perfectly, and the drawing is really good. I'm glad they took out the nasty little part of the " egg in the fridge " because to be honest I always found that silly. But the whole story was amazingly written.

And i laughed more than I should have at Not Enough Rings.

Thanks for the share man ;)
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri May 01, 2015 2:07 pm

OncleSam wrote:Child Of Green Hill is clearly the best thing I've read in a long time. The story is well played, the details coincide almost perfectly, and the drawing is really good. I'm glad they took out the nasty little part of the " egg in the fridge " because to be honest I always found that silly. But the whole story was amazingly written.

And i laughed more than I should have at Not Enough Rings.

Thanks for the share man ;)

I'm just glad that someone has a use of it. :)
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner