Coloring Jon Gray's "A Crisis of Infinite Hedgehogs"

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Coloring Jon Gray's "A Crisis of Infinite Hedgehogs"

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:04 am

So, I decided when I have some free time I want to work on the color flats for Jon Gray's "A Crisis of Infinite Hedgehogs" piece seen on his DeviantArt page over here: http://jongraywb.deviantart.com/art/A-C ... -373255990. This is something that will be taking a long time, since I can't commit all my time to it. So, I'll try to keep you guys updated on its progress!

Here is the first Work in Progress shot (View it Bigger here: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... g~original)
Last edited by diamonddeath on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Re: Coloring Jon Gray's "A Crisis of Infinite Hedgehogs"

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:19 pm

Quite the ambitious project, my friend. As for the mystery character, you've got me-I like to think I'm pretty well versed on the games and Archie characters, so either that's a particularly obscure one or it's something out of one of the animated series or perhaps Fleetway.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Chauvel » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:48 pm

It's really cool that you're giving it a shot! I've would've gone insane if I tried to color this piece on my own! There are sooooo many cool tidbits in the piece, and I have wondered what it would look like colored.

And while I'm at it, does anyone know who/what this character/thing is right above/behind Omochao?

Have you tried contacting Jon Gray directly? I follow him on twitter, he seems cool enough to tell you what it is if you show him the image of the character.
Chauvel
BumbleCitizen

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Scarz wrote:Have you tried contacting Jon Gray directly? I follow him on twitter, he seems cool enough to tell you what it is if you show him the image of the character.

I did, but he didn't respond yet. If he doesn't respond, then I have no idea what to do with this one character/thing.

Since it's grouped with Sonic Adventure characters, then maybe it's something from the game or comic adaptation. It actually looks like a type of Chao Walker.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:21 pm

I don't know but it looks sorta like a female Chaos to me. It looks like Chaos' head but with a headpiece that looks more like something a girl would wear. Like a crown of sorts.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:10 pm

I think it's some sort of Chao Walker. If I don't hear back, then I'll probably just color it like one. I can't recall anything like that, though. Maybe it's Jon's own custom Chao Walker or a Chao he made up that resembles one.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Whoa, good luck dude, this is REALLY gonna be a big challenge, and bravo to you for even beginning to attempt coloring it XD

Also, on the topic of the mystery character, I'll take a look myself and see if I can find out who it is, but if Jon doesn't see your tweet to him, he may find the thread here on the forum and help you out directly~ So either way it shouldn't be too hard to get into contact with him about it =)

I wish you luck dude X3
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby diamonddeath » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:57 pm

FritzyBeat wrote:Whoa, good luck dude, this is REALLY gonna be a big challenge, and bravo to you for even beginning to attempt coloring it XD

Also, on the topic of the mystery character, I'll take a look myself and see if I can find out who it is, but if Jon doesn't see your tweet to him, he may find the thread here on the forum and help you out directly~ So either way it shouldn't be too hard to get into contact with him about it =)

I wish you luck dude X3

Thanks, I actually messaged him on Facebook, but who knows if he'll even see it. It's possible that it's a character from another SEGA series, since Nights is in there next to Lumina and Void.

Actually, now I'm wondering if it's an Artificial Chaos from Sonic Adventure 2 and Shadow the Hedgehog. It would make sense to put it near Chaos. The only inconsistency would be that the a Artificial Chaos has a symbol on its head and not what appears to be a third eye, however Jon did say that he started this a long time ago, so maybe he didn't have a good reference at the time. Any thoughts?
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:30 am

Here's an update. I treated that thing next to Omochao as an Artificial Chaos. I noticed things in the games that were never in the comics such as Metal Madness/Overlord. With that in mind, I wasn't sure if I should make the emerald under Chaos the Master Emerald or the Ancient Onyx. I decided on the Ancient Onyx because of all the solid blacks and because Chaos came from it in the comics at the time. Any thoughts?

Here is the first Work in Progress shot (View it Bigger here: http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab31 ... g~original)
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby QuantamEdge » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:54 am

Wow, I've gotta commend you for attempting a job as big as this! So far, so good in my opinion :)
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:25 pm

QuantamEdge wrote:Wow, I've gotta commend you for attempting a job as big as this! So far, so good in my opinion :)

Well said QE-this is indeed ambitious.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks guys! When I have questions about the piece, I'll have to ask you guys. I don't think Jon wants anything to do with this, or at least that's the impression that I got when he didn't respond to my message asking who that character was, despite Facebook saying that he saw my message. :(
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:23 pm

diamonddeath wrote:Thanks guys! When I have questions about the piece, I'll have to ask you guys. I don't think Jon wants anything to do with this, or at least that's the impression that I got when he didn't respond to my message asking who that character was, despite Facebook saying that he saw my message. :(

Who knows-he may not even remember who it is :mrgreen:. Happy to help with any issues you may have.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby diamonddeath » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:Thanks guys! When I have questions about the piece, I'll have to ask you guys. I don't think Jon wants anything to do with this, or at least that's the impression that I got when he didn't respond to my message asking who that character was, despite Facebook saying that he saw my message. :(

Who knows-he may not even remember who it is :mrgreen:. Happy to help with any issues you may have.

I don't know, I went to SVA with him, and I've spoken to him on multiple occasions, but whatever the reason, I showed him my work in progress and asked him about the mystery character that I decided to make an Artificial Chaos. You would think he would at least respond to that.

Anyway, there are a couple of characters that I was unsure about while looking around the piece, so I'll probably be asking about them when the time comes.
diamonddeath
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:48 am

It's been a while now since the last update on this project, how have you been coming along? Does the war go well? 83 *shot*
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Next

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner