Sonic: The G.U.N. Project

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Sonic: The G.U.N. Project

Postby Chauvel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:18 am

I hope this is the appropriate place to post my little Sonic related fan comic. There are so few fan comics in this section I wasn't sure if it was allowed. But I guess I should take a chance anyway.

I've been posting this little comic almost everywhere, so what's one more site, hm? The G.U.N Project was originally a spur of the moment type of thing. I had no intention of extending it further then five or maybe ten pages. But after stepping away from it, my mind started bubbling with a bunch of neat ideas for it. Although, the comic itself will still be quite short (I'm thinking something under 25 pages).

I drew these pages in a normal sized sketch book (not the usual 11x17 bristol paper I'm used to) and I don't have any plans to ink or color them. It's mostly just a fun and quick comic I sketch out usually during my break time.

Also,Despite some of the characters sporting weapons, be assured this is NOT a super ultra violent fan comic! So don't expect to see things like blood and gore here. It's just a fun and super action heavy fan comic.

If you want to see a larger version of these pages, I uploaded them to my dA page as well.

I should have more pages up this weekend. Let me know what you guys think! :wink:
Last edited by Chauvel on Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chauvel
BumbleCitizen

Re: Sonic: The G.U.N. Project

Postby CaleTheCat » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:56 pm

...Give us more. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

But seriously, this is awesome!
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby CrocPetto » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:10 pm

The art is amazing :D . Makes me remember that time when Spaz started a more Manga style to the comic. Keep the good work :) .
CrocPetto
BumbleFan

Postby RadRed89 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:58 pm

Wow. This is really good, and I don't just mean the art. Please, show us more!
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Sparky » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:52 pm

The only negative I can find with this is that Sonic specifically said in Shadow '05 that he wouldn't be caught DEAD using guns.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby Chauvel » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks everyone! I'll probably have a new page up sooner than later. :)

Sparky wrote:The only negative I can find with this is that Sonic specifically said in Shadow '05 that he wouldn't be caught DEAD using guns.

I actually forgot that he said that. I haven't played the game since... '06, I believe? I guess I subconsciously choose to forget that for the sake of story. Or maybe Sonic looked in a mirror holding one and had a change of heart. :(hearty laughter):
Chauvel
BumbleCitizen

Postby Sparky » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:35 pm

Scarz wrote:Thanks everyone! I'll probably have a new page up sooner than later. :)

Sparky wrote:The only negative I can find with this is that Sonic specifically said in Shadow '05 that he wouldn't be caught DEAD using guns.

I actually forgot that he said that. I haven't played the game since... '06, I believe? I guess I subconsciously choose to forget that for the sake of story. Or maybe Sonic looked in a mirror holding one and had a change of heart. :((hearty laughter)):

He wouldn't have a change of heart about using guns. He just wouldn't. It's against Sonic's character. There is a reason they put the guns in SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG. SEGA thought that guns didn't fit Sonic, but they fit Shadow just fine.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby RadRed89 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:18 pm

If he'd use a sword, I doubt it'd be that much of a stretch for him to use a gun. :roll:

If it helps, just pretend he's using nonlethal bullets or something.
RadRed89
BumbleNoble

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:27 pm

RadRed89 wrote:If he'd use a sword, I doubt it'd be that much of a stretch for him to use a gun. :roll:

This is what I would go with as well. None of the Freedom Fighters are really the type to use lethal ordinance-Shadow, on the other hand...
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby Chauvel » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:58 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:
RadRed89 wrote:If he'd use a sword, I doubt it'd be that much of a stretch for him to use a gun. :roll:

This is what I would go with as well. None of the Freedom Fighters are really the type to use lethal ordinance-Shadow, on the other hand...

Spoiler: show
Sonic mentioned that the weapons or "toys" were specially made for the mystery person they're after. Which means they're probably not lethal to ordinary people or beings.
Chauvel
BumbleCitizen

Postby Chauvel » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 am

New page! Now the party can really start!

Sorry for the double post, by the way. :oops:
Chauvel
BumbleCitizen

Postby CaleTheCat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Scarz wrote:New page! Now the party can really start!

Sorry for the double post, by the way. :oops:

AWESOME!!!

And don't worry, I think it's okay to double post on your own threads. In BumbleKourt, This Side of Mobius and For Everlasting Peace! are ones where double posting is kinda bad thing.
CaleTheCat
BumbleClan

Postby Sparky » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:24 pm

A Sword and a Gun are COMPLETELY different weapons. A sword fits Sonic because he uses it as an extension of his speed and spikes and stuff. One reason a Gun doesn't fit Sonic is because Sonic doesn't fight that way. Sonic doesn't shoot his power as projectiles (and if he does, it looks more like a Razor Wind blade). Another reason is that Guns are more lethal than a sword. ...somehow.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby Striker » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 am

I see you used Shard design before he became Shard. What issues were those? Well whatever. I really liked that design so I see no problem with its use.

Also for the whole Sonic using guns thing. I don't see a problem with it as long as no one dies. There are rubber bullets in real life that don't kill and you cant forget airsoft guns that use plastic beads as bullets. Besides the villain is robotic so it shouldn't matter.
Striker
BumbleClan

Postby NxtWaltDisney » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:02 am

This is cool. Is there more?
NxtWaltDisney
BumbleClan

Next

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner