The BKC Secret Santa Fic Exchange!

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Re: The BKC Secret Santa Fic Exchange!

Postby apprentice manta » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:14 pm

Thanks for joining! Remember, you have until November 25th to list your requests. If you've already listed your choices but want to make a change, you may edit your post to reflect that. Or just make another comment, & when the final announcements are made I'll go by whatever your latest post stated.

As for human versions of Sonic charas, they're allowed. Just make sure your request indicates that. Something like human!, human AU, alternate universe humans, etc. is clear enough that your Secret Santa will know what to do! What you wrote was a perfect way of saying it, ZonicZoneCop. Here's a friendly reminder that shipping is allowed but must be stated in the request. Don't assume people will write Sonic/Amy OR Sonic/Shadow OR Sonic/chili dog unless you mention it ahead of time. If you decide to include an unspecified ship while you are writing a story for someone try not to make it very obtrusive. It's okay to have Bean briefly making goo-goo eyes at a Christmas ornament, but the entire fic shouldn't be about his marriage to Mrs. Pointy Star if the request was simply for "a bunch of Sonic villains hanging out at a party."

Everyone is doing a great job so far of remembering to specify their ships, so I don't foresee this as much of a problem but it's good to keep it in mind. XD
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Pretty much this (which I posted in the secret santa art exchange thread) but for the FanFic exchange:

TheMobian wrote:I'm REALLY sorry guys, but due to some art related circumstances that I can't really talk about right now, I am not going to be able to participate in this years Secret Santa :(

I can't really go into detail about it, at least not at the moment, but I am going to be run ragged over the next few months with drawing certain stuff, and I'f I'm going to meet deadlines, I have to cut back on everything else. So, again, I am really really REALLY sorry I cannot participate in the Secret Santa art trade (or the fanfic trade) this year, but thats just how it goes right now, and if I want any chance at becoming a professional artist, I really need all of my time focused on this other thing.

So yeah, sorry again guys, I'll try and make it up to you all next year ='(

Sorry Guys ='(
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:47 pm

All righty, sign me up. I guess I'll put in my requests as well. I wonder what will result.

1. An Omega x NICOLE story.

2. Knuckles regains his original timeline memories and goes looking for the Echidnas.

3. Kingdom Hearts fic: Imagine that
Spoiler: show
when Maleficent came back to life in Kingdom Hearts 2, she and Yen Sid engaged in an epic battle of sorcery.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby apprentice manta » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:06 pm

No worries. There is no shame in pulling out if you have other obligations. If you know any fans or authors who you think might enjoy participating, feel free to remind them! Thanks everyone for working on this & for asking questions/contacting me when unsure. You're all good sports.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:21 pm

I guess I could do something, but given my own terrible mood, and the fact that there are more important things at hand, and that I'm still on the fence of whether to leave this forum or stay, I can only do short stories. That said, I would like these stories. Note that due to my terrible mood, they have to be something that would cheer someone up, so I expect a happy story (goofiness can apply too). The length of the story is entirely dependent on the author.

1. A story where Bean and Bark go through a bunch of B-movie parodies. The B-movies represented can be chosen by the author.

2. A story where Mega Man meets Sonic Man from Sonic 2006.

3. A Christmas story with Nepgear and Uni from Hyperdimension Neptunia. Whether they be friends or more than that, I don't care. I'm aware a lot of people hate this series, and not all of you may have heard of it, so if you don't want to do it, that is fine by me. Just don't make fun of me for liking the series, is all.

I'll wait as I see what I can do...no promises it'll be on time, though...hope you enjoy it regardless...no promises, so be prepared to be disappointed in it...
Last edited by SurrealBrain on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby apprentice manta » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:32 pm

Hey that's cool. We don't worry too much about length so short stories are fine. *adding you to the list* For anyone who can't quite finish by Christmas, just PM me. I'll let people know there's been a slight delay, not to worry, & I'll make sure they get some small gift to tide them over until yours is ready.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby BlueBlur62391 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Last chance for me:

-A Christmas for Knuckles and his family.
-A story where Marine runs away from home, just before Christmas, and Blaze tries to find her.
-An epilogue to M:30YL. We shall heal Ian's old shame!
BlueBlur62391
BumbleNoble

Postby ZonicZoneCop » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Billcipher45 wrote:Last chance for me:

-A Christmas for Knuckles and his family.

Cue 1000 words of Knuckles next to a Christmas tree, in a fetal position, crying alone. XD
ZonicZoneCop
BumbleCitizen

Postby apprentice manta » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:08 pm

Thank you for participating. Sign-ups are now closed & messages have been sent. Writers have approximately one month to complete their fanfics. If you finish early you may PM me for editing or feedback purposes (mostly editing). You are still free to post here to offer encouragement for our writers or ask some questions but please do NOT post your fic before December 25th. Fics are to be posted between December 25- December 31st. Do NOT reveal which requests you are fulfilling until then!

Important Note: If you have holiday plans that may limit your access to a computer during that week, send the completed fic to me before you join in any reindeer games start your celebration. I will post it on your behalf during our Secret Santa week.

If there's anything else you need to know about the Secret Santa, send me a PM. Enjoy your holidays & let's get writing everybody!
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Oh man, the person I got has the best ideas. I don't know if I can decide to write just one of them. :P
theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

Postby apprentice manta » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:51 am

You only need to write one story, but if you are really inspired you could write the others for fun. :)
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby apprentice manta » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:34 am

How's it going for everyone? Because I am also working on an art project for Secret Santa, I haven't finished my story yet. But I think I am making good progress towards both & hope to have them each finished around the 20th or so.
apprentice manta
BumbleNoble

Postby SurrealBrain » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:39 am

Haven't made any progress due to too many things getting in the way. Things might slow down soon, though, so hopefully I can at least start then. If it's still not on time, just remember, I warned you.

Also, I sent myself an e-mail copy of your message in case this forum implodes before it can get off the ground.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:46 pm

I had to switch prompts because I didn't like the direction the original story was going, but I'll finish on time.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby theJcfreak » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:19 am

theJcfreak
BumbleChosen

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner