Endangered Species #244 Remake: PAGE ONE IS UP

Forum dedicated to fan-creations of all kinds from all related titles. (Sonic series. BumbleKing Comics)

Re: Endangered Species #244 Remake: Previews Up & Coming Soo

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Fri May 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Kevin160nitroncaron3 wrote:Does Thrash get to Albion by parachuting out of a plane, arriving by boat, submarine, by navigating catacombs under Albion? Or just a wrap ring, if so, will he be able to keep the wrap ring open for long periods of time using a different power source without getting to Julie-Su and Saffron Bee? Does your plan to develop Thrash involve him having military experience to make his evil plan work (a la Grand Admiral Thrawn)? Are his motivations in comparison to a certain movie villian or a classic comic villian (a la Loki)? Will the plot hold up strong over the echidnas fighting the devil dogs and not be a confusing mess like a Michael Bay movie? In the Shadows of the Empire video game, the Galactic Empire attacks Prince Xizor’s forces and the Rebel Alliance in a battle. Know anything about Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast? An imperial officer yells “We’re under attack” in the first level of that game, just as a Legionnaire does in #243.

I won't answer anything more regarding Thrash other than I'll be keeping his motives consistent with what we've seen in the comics. As for Julie-Su and Saffron, they play a major role in the story and unlike the published comic, it doesn't involve them being stuffed into a warp ring off-panel whilst only being referred to as "the girls."
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Spectre the Hechidnat » Mon May 13, 2013 1:41 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:
NiTROACTiVE wrote:This is pretty cool and I've been watching over this thread and seeing how it's got better. I might check it out when it's done. Will it also remake STH #245 & #246?

Also, I remember you saying that you had a feeling that everyone except for Team Fighters, Knuckles and Thrash would end up dead in the arc, but was that only because of the legal issues going on?

Yes, I will remake #245 and 46 if I get enough help. As for the second thing, it turned out I was right about everyone ending up dead, huh?

Also, since you've all been so patient, here's a bonus preview:

Sorry about the long wait, guys!

Well, technically they're not dead-may never be seen again, but for the moment they're still alive. But I definitely look forward to seeing more of the remake.
Spectre the Hechidnat
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Tue May 14, 2013 5:46 pm

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:Well, technically they're not dead-may never be seen again, but for the moment they're still alive.

For all intents and purposes, a character who has disappeared and will never be mentioned again is dead.

(Also, while Ian never confirmed the echidnas were dead, he never quite confirmed they were alive either.)

Spectre the Hechidnat wrote:But I definitely look forward to seeing more of the remake.

As do I. :wink:
The Shadow Emperor

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Fri May 17, 2013 3:13 pm

It begins.

This is the uncropped first panel (panels?) of the comic, freshly inked and soon-to-be-colored.

If all goes according to plan, then Page One should be up soon. Sadly, Knuxtiger had to drop out of the project, but that's okay since I just found a replacement inker on deviantART! So nobody panic, this thing's still happening. :mrgreen:

Again, thanks for your patience, everyone!
The Shadow Emperor

Postby LilacDownDeep » Sat May 18, 2013 10:05 am

Lookin' good! Can't wait to start coloring <3

As a warning I may be slow with coloring since summer is coming up and I'll be pretty busy dealing with my arch nemesis... CHEMISTRY.
LilacDownDeep
BumbleNoble

Postby Astrobot7000 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Any updates?
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:32 pm

Nope.

Unless there's anyone out there who'd like to help with lettering and inking, we're basically a ship without a sail right now. :(
The Shadow Emperor

Postby SimonSays » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Oh geez, I didn't realize we needed volunteers, I thought we'd found replacements for those roles already. I can post a journal looking for help if you want? I'm no good at either one of those things, but if the lettering is the only thing keeping us from uploading the first page then I can learn darn quick.
SimonSays
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:29 pm

SimonSays wrote:Oh geez, I didn't realize we needed volunteers, I thought we'd found replacements for those roles already.

Yeah, we did, but for various reasons most people end up dropping out.

I can post a journal looking for help if you want? I'm no good at either one of those things, but if the lettering is the only thing keeping us from uploading the first page then I can learn darn quick.

A journal would be much appreciated. :P
The Shadow Emperor

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 pm

You have any off panels in mind? If so, would they need a dry sense of humor? I might be able to help with that. Just as long as it's only four panels, I doubt I can do more than that. Sure, I haven't exactly gotten any of my writings out there, but there's a first time for everything, right?
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:39 pm

SurrealBrain wrote:You have any off panels in mind? If so, would they need a dry sense of humor? I might be able to help with that. Just as long as it's only four panels, I doubt I can do more than that. Sure, I haven't exactly gotten any of my writings out there, but there's a first time for everything, right?

Dry sense of humor would be best. And it would be even funnier if it referenced the real Endangered Species arc. :D
The Shadow Emperor

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:47 pm

The Shadow Emperor wrote:
SurrealBrain wrote:You have any off panels in mind? If so, would they need a dry sense of humor? I might be able to help with that. Just as long as it's only four panels, I doubt I can do more than that. Sure, I haven't exactly gotten any of my writings out there, but there's a first time for everything, right?

Dry sense of humor would be best. And it would be even funnier if it referenced the real Endangered Species arc. :D

Right. I'll send you a pm of my (attempts at) off panel scripts when/if I'm done.
SurrealBrain
BumbleClan

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Since it's been a month and no one's volunteered I'll try asking again. Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to letter the comic? Even if it's only for one or two pages? I really need help. :|
The Shadow Emperor

Postby Illustrious Q » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:51 pm

I would but I'm swamped with another project for the next couple of weeks.
Illustrious Q
BumbleCult

Postby The Shadow Emperor » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Illustrious Q wrote:I would but I'm swamped with another project for the next couple of weeks.

I know the feeling, man. Let me know if your schedule opens up.

Also, as consolation for these delays, here's some previews.

Spoiler: show

The Shadow Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to The BumbleKreative Korner