Sonic #284, SU #87 and other covers and solicits.

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic #284, SU #87 and other covers and solicits.

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:36 am

I assume it'll be a while till we see Tracy draw another Sonic arc of any kind since he's currently writing and drawing Galaxy Man and Cosmic Girl for Action Lab. https://twitter.com/gmcgcomic
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby akessel92 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:42 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I assume it'll be a while till we see Tracy draw another Sonic arc of any kind since he's currently writing and drawing Galaxy Man and Cosmic Girl for Action Lab. https://twitter.com/gmcgcomic

That's a bit disapointing, however I still think the comic is in the hands of good artists for now. Also, from this cover Dan Schoening has really improved since worlds unite that's for sure.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:56 pm

it doesnt look that different to me (and I say this as someone who liked Schoening's work in WU)
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Axel T Rat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:21 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:
lalalei2001 wrote:Looks like another Weasel to me. Or a wolf.

it's Focke-Wulf from the Tails' Skypatrol game. he was previously shown in last month's solicits on the variant cover for SU 86

incidentally, a cover that features Focke-Wulf, Gemerl, Battle Kukku XV, and King Acorn all in one place seems like the story's gonna be a packed house

That's what I thought too, but the gloves and some other traits are different compared to his appearance on one of the SU covers. I almost though it was some redesign of Sleet for a moment.
Axel T Rat
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:12 pm

yeah, one of them is definitely off model. Jampole obviously drew him in a comedic way, but since his design seems a bit more elaborate (with the gold plates on the gloves and the little tips on the ears), I would assume his is the official design and Schoening's was simplified. I wouldnt expect it to be a separate character entirely. introducing 2 characters who both look like a cross between Fang and Thrash a month apart wouldnt make any sense
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicWindAttack » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 pm

I just noticed, the edge of the cover on #284 appears to partially show Sonic turning into the Werehog. I'm guessing that means we'll have inter-connecting covers for this arc.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:54 pm

yeah it says that in the solicitation

"Featuring the first of four EPIC connecting covers by mega-talent Dan Schoening"
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:26 am

Tails looks bad@#$ on the cover of #284 "Come at me!" 8)
And finally another 4 parter in the main comic. Yay! :)
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:40 pm

These covers look great, and the solicits behind them are also nice as well. The new story arc for the main comics called Panic in the Sky looks interesting, but I wonder if the Shattered World Crisis would end in that story arc? If not, then maybe in another story arc in the near future, and maybe then both this new story arc along with the possible next one would be two parts. Also, it's cool to see we're getting another Knuckles story arc, and seeing how Amy will join Knuckles is also cool too. I wonder what these issues will be like? I'll have to read them in the future.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby OncleSam » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:45 pm

NiTROACTiVE wrote:These covers look great, and the solicits behind them are also nice as well. The new story arc for the main comics called Panic in the Sky looks interesting, but I wonder if the Shattered World Crisis would end in that story arc? If not, then maybe in another story arc in the near future, and maybe then both this new story arc along with the possible next one would be two parts. Also, it's cool to see we're getting another Knuckles story arc, and seeing how Amy will join Knuckles is also cool too. I wonder what these issues will be like? I'll have to read them in the future.

It is said in the sollicit that this is the last chapter of the " Shattered World Crisis " arc.

Oh and in a few months we will be getting some Super Sonic Vs Perfect Dark Gaia !!
OncleSam
BumbleKnight

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:02 pm

OncleSam wrote:
NiTROACTiVE wrote:These covers look great, and the solicits behind them are also nice as well. The new story arc for the main comics called Panic in the Sky looks interesting, but I wonder if the Shattered World Crisis would end in that story arc? If not, then maybe in another story arc in the near future, and maybe then both this new story arc along with the possible next one would be two parts. Also, it's cool to see we're getting another Knuckles story arc, and seeing how Amy will join Knuckles is also cool too. I wonder what these issues will be like? I'll have to read them in the future.

It is said in the sollicit that this is the last chapter of the " Shattered World Crisis " arc.

Oh and in a few months we will be getting some Super Sonic Vs Perfect Dark Gaia !!

OK, I see now. Also, I wonder if Perfect Dark Gaia will appear on a future issue cover? I'm sure it will.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby Jazzy76 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:03 pm

Probably along with Super Sonic on the last cover.
Jazzy76
BumbleKnight

Postby DudestofGuys » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:50 am

DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:28 am

That looks amazing.

I'm definitely getting all the Main Covers assuming they ever come out.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Jazzy76 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:47 am

Wow, (IMO) not as good as Coundown to Chaos' covers, but still pretty epic.
I knew Perfect Gaia and Super Sonic would be on the last cover... come to think of it, it was pretty obvious.
Speaking of, all the new FF's are on the last cover other than Cream, wonder why?
Jazzy76
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius