Best Post-Reboot Sonic Universe Arc (pool)

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Your Favorite Sonic Univers Arc After Reboot (poll)

Pirate Plunder Panic (55-58)
17%
Shadow Fall (59-62)
No votes
The Great Chaos Caper (63-66)
17%
Total Eclipse (67-70)
20%
Spark of Life (71-74)
37%
Fury (75)
3%
Silver Age (79-82)
7%

Total votes : 30

Re: Best Post-Reboot Sonic Universe Arc (pool)

Postby PeléPelé06 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:33 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Downer's blue-ish coloring is a little bit of (forgive cringe worthy joke) a downer.

Don't worry about it, I've actually made that joke a couple times, myself. (Muahaha, nevertheless...) *shot*

I feel like maybe "dramatic/intense" is a better way to describe his color work, though. And of course, that isn't really a criticism as much as it is an observation; he's undeniably good at what he does.

Caught a glimpse of Ray Dillon's work, too. Pretty cool!

EDIT: Fixed the link :(hearty laughter):
Last edited by PeléPelé06 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:59 am

I don't think any of them are great unlike a lot of pre-reboot arcs. However, the only one I won't defend is PPP. That is my least favorite Sonic Universe Arc. With Shadow Fall coming in second.

My favorite would probably be Total Eclipse. Despite my major gripes with how it was handled I still really enjoyed it from start to almost finish. Shadow just disappears after the big final fight. I would of liked him and Knuckles to shake hands in respect or at least something.

This is probably a very unpopular opinion here so just warning you now.

Why did Spark of Life come this early? I can't help but think (This is after reading All the Post Sonic Issues with Nicole.) that this came too early. While I like Nicole and Sally I didn't know them well enough to really care throughout Spark of Life.

The Story Arc did try to make me care for them more but all I got out of it is that the power of friendship and last minute transformations are the key to winning. Also that Big is hilarious. I like the Arc a lot for what it is and my big nitpick is just a small one in the grand scheme of things.

I really liked Fury. And the first half of The Silver Age. That's all I will say on that.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Huh, no votes for Shadow Fall. Did no one like it?

Unknownshadow675 wrote:Why did Spark of Life come this early? I can't help but think (This is after reading All the Post Sonic Issues with Nicole.) that this came too early. While I like Nicole and Sally I didn't know them well enough to really care throughout Spark of Life.

I knew those girl for over 250 issues by now, but I guess it's problem for new readers who jumped on a reboot train.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:34 pm

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Huh, no votes for Shadow Fall. Did no one like it?

Unknownshadow675 wrote:Why did Spark of Life come this early? I can't help but think (This is after reading All the Post Sonic Issues with Nicole.) that this came too early. While I like Nicole and Sally I didn't know them well enough to really care throughout Spark of Life.

I knew those girl for over 250 issues by now, but I guess it's problem for new readers who jumped on a reboot train.

I liked Shadow Fall. But it's quite clear it's not up to the standards that Arcs like "Shadow Saga" and TTT made.

I actually started reading the main books right at Issue 247. And SU 51. So for me I think the Arc would of been more effective if it had been put back like a year or so.

I still really liked Spark of Life. And I can see how someone like you (Meaning someone who's been following the comics for a while.) would enjoy it a lot more.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius