The Sonic 25th Anniversary Thread - It's a TRIPLE THREAT?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Sonic 25th Anniversary Thread - It's a DOUBLE PACKAG

Postby Kellox » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:05 am

Not sure if that's the case since Sonic Team themselves aren't found of Sonic Boom and regard as just a spin of series to sell toys not equal to the brand main Sonic name. If they are going to do something like TMNT the animated crossover movie but with a game that be awesome but then they have to focus on the western market. Cause most of the spin off's are only known or were only populair outside of Japan. (even Sonic X) and for cases like the Archie comics it will cause the Japanese fans to be alienated since the comics are relatively unknown there.

Sonic Adventure 3 would be a dream come true for many fans but if it's just going to be Sonic again and the same writing staff of Pontaq I think it would be another story of people loving the gameplay but finding the cutscenes and storyline lackluster and lazy and the impact would be left and so would the impression left on the fans.

So it has to be something huge.

For one

- Not in any circumstances release the game full of glitches and bugs just to get on time of the Christmas sales. Sega already made this mistake twice a third mistake would be the final nail on Sonic's coffin.

- More playable characters. Fans love Sonic but the fanbase clearry miss the other characters.

- A mixture of fun, adventure and cool don't go overboard. Dont go all edgy trying too hard to be cool like Sth or downright silly nonsensical like Lost World.

- Have an open world where you get stuff to do.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Postby WiNTER BELLS » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:25 pm

The big thing is gameplay. I really want Sega to figure out a solid formula that they can tweak and play with while still maintaining a fun, engaging game. The biggest problem is finding something that works with Sonic's speed...
WiNTER BELLS
BumbleFan

Postby RaceProUK » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:57 pm

The Boost formula worked well enough in Unleashed, Colors, and Generations; each was more refined than the previous. So why did they stop?
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Specs64z » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:14 pm

RaceProUK wrote:The Boost formula worked well enough in Unleashed, Colors, and Generations; each was more refined than the previous. So why did they stop?

Probably the same reason Heroes happened over Adventure 3 way back in the olden days. What is that reason you ask? We may never know... It's illogical. SA2B was one of the best selling gamecube games, and was generally very well received, but they were like "screw it lets try something new!"... and thus the decline of the franchise's popularity truly began. I understand this franchise hates to seem stale or have games feel too similar (still got some anti-mario in 'em after all this time, I guess) but why abandon ship right as things finally start to go your way? Because logic is for the weak!
Last edited by Specs64z on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:18 pm

They said they thought they'd done all they could with the Boost formula, so they switched things up. Nintendo tends to do the same thing, it's rare a game will be the same for more than three titles.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby WiNTER BELLS » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:27 pm

In all fairness, as entertaining as SA2 was, it wasn't a particularly solid game. For it's time it was certainly passable, but the gameplay is far too clunky to survive today... As much as I do want a SA3...

Also, in fairness... I think that Sonic Boom was made by Big Red Button, while Sega only Published it...
WiNTER BELLS
BumbleFan

Postby Specs64z » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:34 pm

WiNTER BELLS wrote:In all fairness, as entertaining as SA2 was, it wasn't a particularly solid game. For it's time it was certainly passable, but the gameplay is far too clunky to survive today... As much as I do want a SA3...

Also, in fairness... I think that Sonic Boom was made by Big Red Button, while Sega only Published it...

Well yeah, the game hasn't aged as well as most (I still enjoy it personally, despite it's flaws) but I was getting more at the mentality of the time. People liked the Adventure games, but they dropped the concept and tried something else. When that wasn't as successful or well received... well, we all know what happened when they attempted to return to the Adventure style. I could continue, but then this would become a rather long history lesson we all know at this point :)
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Mordum » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:37 pm

What does "Sonic Adventure 3" even mean?

Was...was that not Sonic 06?
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby Specs64z » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Mordum wrote:What does "Sonic Adventure 3" even mean?

In my book "Sonic Adventure 3" means a game with that same title and similar styles of gameplay. So for me, no, I don't believe 06 was sa3. (that and the game sucked so bad I don't think it is worthy of the title) But it's really up to interpretation. One could also claim Sonic World Adventure (aka Unleashed) to be sa3.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:01 pm

pretty sure it means "we're pacified by brand recognition"
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Mordum » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:31 pm

Specs64z wrote:similar styles of gameplay. S

...But it was similar.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby The King of Shadows » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Specs64z wrote:

In my book "Sonic Adventure 3" means a game with that same title and similar styles of gameplay. So for me, no, I don't believe 06 was sa3. (that and the game sucked so bad I don't think it is worthy of the title) But it's really up to interpretation. One could also claim Sonic World Adventure (aka Unleashed) to be sa3.

That title is more fitting than just "Sonic the Hedgehog" though. That's kindve an insult to the original game.
The King of Shadows
BumbleKnight

Postby ToaArcan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:17 am

They were trying to set it up as a reboot, though. THat's why it has the StH title, rather than something more fitting.
ToaArcan
BumbleFan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:31 am

We live in a strange world in which Sonic 06 isn't called Sonic Adventure 3, but Sonic 4 is called Sonic 4.

(I'm, not saying that Sonic 4 was a bad game, at least Nintendo gave "new" at front of Mario to admit that it isn't' direct sequel to original games)
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby RaceProUK » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:22 am

Specs64z wrote:still got some anti-mario in 'em after all this time, I guess
Not anymore, thanks not just to the Olympic games and Smash Brawl but also Super Sonic Galaxy Lost World :)
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius