Should AoStH based characters be introduced with eachother?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Should AoStH based characters be introduced with eachother?

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:38 am

So I was talking with people about the AoStH character Katella who is some kind of space based animal hunter and how it might be nice to see her as a character in the comic. Maybe because they are both AoStH characters I found my self imagining a scenario were she's introduced into the comic though Breezie. Witch got me wondering is the idea of using other AoStH based character to introduce new AoStH based character. A fun idea and a good way to bring characters like Breezie and the Bots back in the story or is idea a sign of bad writing that characters should be brought in with no connection to other AoStH based characters.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Re: Should AoStH based characters be introduced with eachoth

Postby Toby » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:45 am

Katella and Breezie never knew each other in the show, never shared a scene or episode. Can't imagine a reason they would know or work together in the comic.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:49 am

Toby wrote:Katella and Breezie never knew each other in the show, never shared a scene or episode. Can't imagine a reason they would know or work together in the comic.

Money? Breezie pays Katella for a job or something?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:47 am

They can meet or can not meet, whatever fits into the scrips. I don't think it has any importance, really.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:14 pm

Yeah rather or not a character met in the TV show has not real baring, I mean Breezie seemed to have a romantic relationship with the Metal Somic from Sonic Heroes.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Toby » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:37 am

That was a romantic relationship?
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:55 am

Toby wrote:That was a romantic relationship?

Maybe more flirty, but dude she was into him or at least his power, By the end of that scene she was purring over him like a cat.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Toby » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:01 am

I still think you're looking far too into something that isn't there, she's just being Breezie. I'd rather hear what Ian has to say on her intentions before we start speaking in absolutes though.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:07 am

My point is they had some kind of relationship/interaction the romantic bit was more or less a joke.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Spin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:38 am

You could do that, but then you don't have to. Schlemmer did just fine building off of Silver and the new characters without anyone from AoStH involved. Meanwhile Breezie acted as a nice hub for all the old badniks and had the likes of Wes Weasely working for her. Which all made sense.

Katella can be introduced in a number of ways with/without AoStH as a backbone.
Spin
BumbleClan

Postby Mordum » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:52 am

ReifuTD wrote:
Toby wrote:That was a romantic relationship?

Maybe more flirty, but dude she was into him or at least his power, By the end of that scene she was purring over him like a cat.

He's a robotic recreation of the pinnacle of sentient life struggling with the implications of his phantom-limb-esque connection to the Godhead, and she's a shrewd capitalist who built an entire empire on people putting their stock in forces higher than themselves to give them fortune.

I'd read that romance. Metal struggles with higher forces, Breezie may think she understands them too well. It doesn't hurt that Archie Breezie is easily in the top five Sonic characters of all time in just one appearance.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby DudestofGuys » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Would this thread be a bad place to deposit the opinion that some more AoStH content wouldn't be a problem, but I'm very against the idea of dredging up more SatAM characters? Because I'm gonna just throw that down right in here instead of making a new thread for it.
Last edited by DudestofGuys on Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:34 pm

I wouldn't mind Ari being brought into the comic, possibly as a Somerca Freedom Fighter-sort of semi-traitor to the team. Maybe not entirely working for Eggman, but forced into a deal with a local egg boss to save his people as a spy or something.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:58 pm

Sounds familiar. I'd really agree that SataM's been plundered as much as it could be, while AoStH has stuff that could be used, but then I don't really care for any of SataM's extended cast so I'm clearly biased.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:35 pm

I may self would wish Sega would allow some of the Underground stuff to be used. If Breezie can be brought in and not be a robot. Then Sonia, Manic and Aleena can be brought in and not be Sonic's brother, sister and mother. Bringing in could be and way of bring back the concept of a hedgehog royal family. Something that was lost in the reboot with Rob'o Hedge and Amy Rose and their extended family. The only thing a see sinful about it is that it would bring in more hedgehog characters, But hey they are related Hedgehogs.

Actually would if...
Spoiler: show
Breezie and Aleena are made sisters, The Queen and the Spare with Breezie being the Spare. Could add a little more motive for Breezie's drive to succeed.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius