StH#283/SU#86/SSD#16 covers and solicits

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: StH#283/SU#86/SSD#16 covers and solicits

Postby Mobotropolis » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:15 pm

... wouldn't it make more sense to put Big as Groot over Bunnie?

I didn't even make that connection until you pointed it out.

But yeah. I'll drop it. :roll:
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby DarkEnerjak7 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:15 pm

I wonder who the 12th and final Egg Boss is? Sounds like a big reveal
DarkEnerjak7
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:22 pm

So new Sonic Boom Story, I assume Ian is writing that I wonder if the Sonic Boom forum will be moved back up to current works or something?

Mobotropolis wrote:The blue thing in the top-right and the bear in the bottom left are also from Tails Sky Patrol.

The main StH cover is one of the most awesome I've seen in a long while. Don't see what adding Cream would add to it at all.

I meant more on the variant since there is space for her.

If Cream is going to be so important they could have her be the center figure hold a glowing Chaos Emerald up to the sky New Hope style with Any Rose laying at her feet and Sonic standing behind her with a Hon Solo pose.
Last edited by ReifuTD on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:45 pm

Now see? I would've got that reference! :(hearty laughter):

I wonder if the Sonic Boom forum will be moved back up to current works or something?

The Sonic Boom Forum was pretty much dead even before the move.

I think Season 2 of the show or some game information might wake it up more than a one shot.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:20 pm

These covers and solicits look nice, and the art designs for all of them look great. I see that the Shattered World Crisis story arc is finally about to come to a close after about over 2 years since it started, as said by STH #283's solicit. Also, how is Cream going to be the central hero in that issue? We'll have to see in the future. The story arc Eggman’s Dozen now seems more interesting as well, and it's nice to see Carrotia from Tails Skypatrol come in the comics as well, even though I never known the character nor played the game. Also, who is that purple Mobian on the top right of the SU #86 variant cover? He reminds me of Thrash the Devil. I also do wonder too who the 12th and final Egg Boss will be.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:34 pm

NiTROACTiVE wrote:These covers and solicits look nice, and the art designs for all of them look great. I see that the Shattered World Crisis story arc is finally about to come to a close after about over 2 years since it started, as said by STH #283's solicit. Also, how is Cream going to be the central hero in that issue? We'll have to see in the future. The story arc Eggman’s Dozen now seems more interesting as well, and it's nice to see Carrotia from Tails Skypatrol come in the comics as well, even though I never known the character nor played the game. Also, who is that purple Mobian on the top right of the SU #86 variant cover? He reminds me of Thrash the Devil. I also do wonder too who the 12th and final Egg Boss will be.

Focke-Wulf and the Bear is Bearenger
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby akessel92 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:34 pm

Wait I only count four pairs of keys where are the other three? Not only that aren't we forgetting something? Something big... Green... Shiny? An evil wizard has a piece of it and a pink hedgehog with a hammer and a red echidna are looking for the rest?
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Ziggyfin » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:37 pm

Diana Skelly is killing it with all of her covers. Seriously, from her Valentines Variant a while ago, to that Boom one with Sticks and the Robo-Dinosaur, and this...It's inspiring. Way to go!
Ziggyfin
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:38 pm

akessel92 wrote:Wait I only count four pairs of keys where are the other three? Not only that aren't we forgetting something? Something big... Green... Shiny? An evil wizard has a piece of it and a pink hedgehog with a hammer and a red echidna are looking for the rest?

Yeah It kind of feels like its not near the end yet, I was kind of expecting anther year of this
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:12 am

Tracy isn't doing the art for SU 86 according to this. Is it just this issue or has it been more and I just haven't noticed?
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby awkwardMEOW » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:53 am

Quite interesting that Phage is returning! These look good - I'm ready to end Shattered World and move on. I wonder if the next Universe arc will be Knuckles and Amy or if it will be my personal wish - Babylon Rogues!
awkwardMEOW
BumbleNewbie

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:08 am

Unknownshadow675 wrote:Tracy isn't doing the art for SU 86 according to this. Is it just this issue or has it been more and I just haven't noticed?

He's been credited but he said on Twitter that Adam Bryce Thomas was picking up his slack. I think he's busy at Action Lab right now.

Anyway holy crap that STH cover is amazing! That might be the best cover we've had in a long time. I assume this means that #284-287 are the finale of the Shattered World Crisis then? Seems right it has been four years.

Universe looks pretty fun too. I like the idea of the Naugus's taking control of Metal Sonic.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Alset » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:13 am

I dont think it was stated anywhere that this issue will split stories fifty-fifty, but its a safe bet. I wonder how long they can keep this up. On the other hand: Phage, yes!

I also wonder if Withcarters actually are Fockewulf, Bearanger and Carrotia. Seeing how their names are really weird and Wendy Naugus technically isn't Witchart, maybe they also will be based on them characters with new names.

I'm looking forward to see someone start "Thunderbolt's Taste in Human Men" topic. :P
Alset
BumbleNewbie

Postby ReifuTD » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:17 am

Alset wrote:I dont think it was stated anywhere that this issue will split stories fifty-fifty, but its a safe bet. I wonder how long they can keep this up. On the other hand: Phage, yes!

Seems to be doing that a lot lately but I think that mostly has to do with the Sally and Bunnie story witch took up the back half of three issues. I personally kind of find it night to see Archie/Ian experimenting with splitting the book in half like this and doing longer storylines. One of the things I felt Archie could have done with the Mega Man book is to continue splitting it fifty-fifty with Classic and X, So people would get some Classic Mega Man and people would get some X Mega Man if you didn't want to buy both witch I think would be a very few people, each or get reprint in their own GNs anyway or if you are buying digitally you could choose to only buy the Classic or X half of the stories/issue. Over time Archie could have separated the series into their own books although technically I think I would be something more like Classic or X Getting it's own book well the remaining one would share stories with the Zero, ZX or Legends series.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby GentlemanX » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:54 am

That really is a nice looking cover for STH #283, variant's not half bad either. Story sounds like mud; another issue of waiting for something to happen, but cover's at least cool.

And finally something interesting in Universe! Well, it's just new character designs, but I'll take it. I've been wanting to see what Archie would do for designs of Fockewulf, Bearenger, and Carrotia so that's definitely cool. Not sold on Bearenger yet, but given how ugly that cover looks I'm not terribly worried. The rest of the story again sounds like mud (is this arc seriously going to repeat Scrambled point for point? Is Ian that wracked for story ideas?) but as I've said for four months now, I already had no expectations for this thing. Next month, something better I hope!

But yeah, filler month is filler. We'll see what Archie does next time.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius