So where are the Human Freedom Fighters/Egg Legionnaires

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: So where are the Human Freedom Fighters/Egg Legionnaires

Postby PeléPelé06 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:17 pm

I've always wanted to see a human character with physical abilities on par with Sonic and his friends. Like, a little caveman/woman with the body proportions of the kids from Billy Hatcher that was raised by wolves, or something.

I feel like it's the kind of thing that could've appeared in the games themselves, at least back in the classic era.
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:41 pm

PeléPelé06 wrote:I've always wanted to see a human character with physical abilities on par with Sonic and his friends.

So... chibi X-Men? :)
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby PeléPelé06 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:28 pm

Not necessarily, the human character wouldn't need any specific superpower as the 'reason' why they can do what they do. It'd be more of a Dragon Ball-kind of deal, where one can get super-strong (by the standards of the Sonic universe, anyway) through training. And I imagine that Sonic and the other characters wouldn't be too baffled by a human doing these things and just take it in stride.

So no, I don't think there would need to be a reason, it's just a human chillin' with the hedgehogs and echidnas and nobody makes a big deal of it. That's how it works out in my mind, anyway. :)
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:15 pm

Segata Sanshiro appeared to be the only human to stand toe to toe with a Mobain and their special abilities. Unfortunately He had to go up against Sonic. Actually I like the idea that humans don't have same kind of powers that Mobains have. It kind of makes thing feel more fantasy and more real at the same time and makes the Mobains kinda of like this world's version of Fairy Folk.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby PeléPelé06 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:14 pm

Ah, I forgot about that cameo (please don't put me in a sleeper hold, Segata-san)! :shock:

...But I'd still prefer wildman-type character with a body structure similar to Sonic, just 'coz I think it'd be cool. And I agree with you about humans being normal as fine, but just one or two special cases wouldn't hurt, right?
PeléPelé06
BumbleFan

Postby Mordum » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Sonic's World having its own version of Enkidu would be kind of awesome.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:23 am

PeléPelé06 wrote:Ah, I forgot about that cameo (please don't put me in a sleeper hold, Segata-san)! :shock:

...But I'd still prefer wildman-type character with a body structure similar to Sonic, just 'coz I think it'd be cool. And I agree with you about humans being normal as fine, but just one or two special cases wouldn't hurt, right?

Eggman is kind of an exception, It would be nice to see some kind of magic user human like Regina was.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:38 am

I've always wanted to see a human character with physical abilities on par with Sonic and his friends.

Spoiler: show
I immediately thought Katella.

I guess as a NU-252 Version we could have ...

Katella is part of a tribe of ancient humans who naturally have the ability to use Chaos or whatever we're calling it now. Superhuman abilities like super strength, speed, stamina, and regenerative ability all come with the territory. Katella goes against the ways of her tribe by hunting for sport, picking fights, and not respecting nature which ultimately gets her exiled. She roams the world as a Hunter for hire who loves hard to catch prey. Though she likes to fight with her fists she has also acquired a collection of weapons that make her effective against Chaos/Magic users.

She likes ... antagonizing Eggman. Katella is prone to doing things to get his attention. Given mandates the book is intentionally vague over whether this is a weird Amazonian display of affection or something she does to get under his skin. Either way he is not amused.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby RaceProUK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 am

Katella... she was in AoStH, yes?
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:49 am

RaceProUK wrote:Katella... she was in AoStH, yes?

It appears so, apparently she's from space witch doesn't mean much since Breezie is suppose to be a robot in the old show. I didn't see anything about her abilities so my question is does she have superpowers or is she a tech based villain like Eggman. Her concept is good though as someone who hunts Animals/Mobains for a living.

Spoiler: show
I some how imagine her working for Breezie as a bouncer
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby RaceProUK » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:16 am

ReifuTD wrote:
RaceProUK wrote:Katella... she was in AoStH, yes?

It appears so, apparently she's from space witch doesn't mean much since Breezie is suppose to be a robot in the old show. I didn't see anything about her abilities so my question is does she have superpowers or is she a tech based villain like Eggman. Her concept is good though as someone who hunts Animals/Mobains for a living.

Apart from turning into a massive heart (which was done for raisins), IIRC she has no superpowers; I'd say she's a tech-based villain like Eggo.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:07 pm

Apart from turning into a massive heart (which was done for raisins), IIRC she has no superpowers;

I guess it depends on what you consider an " Amazon ".

It seems that Amazons at the bare minimal have Super Strength and Combat Ability.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:19 pm

Mobotropolis wrote:
Apart from turning into a massive heart (which was done for raisins), IIRC she has no superpowers;

It seems that Amazons at the bare minimal have Super Strength and Combat Ability.

Well technically the bare minimum would be abnormal strength, Amazons are basically a group/county of women who trained and bred themselves to be equal to Spartans. They even did the whole toss your children in the woods and hope you don't die thing they show at the beginning of 300.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby RaceProUK » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:48 am

Mobotropolis wrote:

Both of which can be attained through rigorous training; not really a superpower if it's within reach of 'regular mortals' :)
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:11 pm

Ah. It took me a moment to realize ya'll were talking about Amazon's from myth.

I was talking about Wonder Woman. :P
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius