So where are the Human Freedom Fighters/Egg Legionnaires

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: So where are the Human Freedom Fighters/Egg Legionnaires

Postby Penguin God » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:13 pm

We barely have any in the reboot, and I'm really happy about that. The ones that DO exist are all very different and hardly any of them can really be called Freedom Fighters.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:10 pm

RaceProUK wrote:
MetalSkulkBane wrote:The only team I really liked were Sand Blasters, but they don't need to call them self FF.

No love for the Wolfpack?

Not really.
They aren't interesting now, not in the old universe (there time when they actually had their own stories. Man, those were boooring), maaaybe a little in Satam.
But I liked them only as world building (there are very few secondary characters in Satam). If you watch the episode you see that they didn't do anything back then. Sonic saved the day, Sally was planning, Anotine was annoying. Lupe just kinda sat there.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby RaceProUK » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:47 pm

To be fair, they've only had one issue post-reboot, and only Lupe has been named and given a role as a Gaia Guardian; there'll hopefully be a chance to give them more exposure, probably in Universe.
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Mobotropolis » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:44 pm

Why don't we need more Freedom Fighters?

What Penguin God said.

I also don't like the idea of corralling everyone into a team which seemed to be the order of the day pre-reboot. I'd rather have one really good character flying solo than 3-4 characters where one (usually the leader) is a decent character and the others are just fodder. I don't think the Team Format does well for characters to develop on their own. It's less about them as characters and, at best, what they can do as an extension of the leader's will.

No love for the Wolfpack?

I liked the concept of the Wolf Pack more than what little they accomplished during their run in the book.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:50 pm

More solo characters would be nice, but to think there aren't more groups out there resisting Eggman in their respective regions? Strains credulity to me.

I will say that I'm quite happy that they have more original names, though. Before it was like Power Rangers names, which I think works quite well there, but not so much here.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Xabin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:19 pm

There's obviously more groups resisting Eggman and his army, but we don't have to have all of them referred to as Freedom Fighters; resistance fighters come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, and the Shamar ones just call themselves Freedom Fighters because they explicitly pattern themselves off of the main team. Honestly, I would like more creative names to these teams, like "Resistance Team Alpha" or something like that.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby The KKM » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:00 am

Resistance Team Alpha is an even worse name, although at least it does change from a politically charged term to nonsense 80's GI Joe terms. You know what'd be even better? the comic not be in a situation where the FF even are needed :V
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:10 am

Well, topic suddenly changed it's course

The KKM wrote: You know what'd be even better? the comic not be in a situation where the FF even are needed :V

Umm, could you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby DoNotDelete » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:48 am

The Wolf Pack never set my world on fire either. Very generic/unremarkable.

A human component would be an unexpected and interesting turn in the comic. Either a team of human freedom fighters - or perhaps an individual human working with a team of mobians*. Both are intriguing propositions that throw up a spread of storytelling possibilities - if handled properly. I would be interested in seeing the human/mobian dynamic handled in both instances.

I don't buy the comic to see human beings, but I wouldn't be against seeing how humans might fit into mobian society and vice-versa.

*What is Von Schlemmer anyway - human or 'other'?
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Excelhedge » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:54 am

Look all I'm saying is that is weird outside of G.U.N, the Egg Army and the Freedom Fighter groups we've seen so far are Animals. Surely there are some Humans fighting on both sides.
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Postby The KKM » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:58 am

MetalSkulkBane wrote:Well, topic suddenly changed it's course

The KKM wrote: You know what'd be even better? the comic not be in a situation where the FF even are needed :V

Umm, could you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.

That I'd rather the comic not be in this awkward "trying to be in a war scenario like SatAM while trying to be lighter in tone like the games" state, Eggman not be Hitler, the Egg Army not exist, and thus there be no need for opposing groups of guerrilla terrorist furries.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby RaceProUK » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:24 am

I'm pretty sure Hitler's main motivation wasn't the building of a theme park empire...
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:27 am

I should say since I derailed, FF aside, I love seeing regular humans and characters in the comic. I wish the Unleashed NPCs we've been seeing got more than a line each simply to remind us they exist, if I didn't already play the game I'd have no idea why they're supposed to be likable.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Meliden » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:35 am

I swear, if Yasmine's desire to be heroic isn't brought into play in the future, it'll be an opportunity missed.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:00 pm

For more humans I can take it or leave as long as they aren't too frequent. Maybe a few more in GUN and other places, but it's nothing I loose my sleep over.

But humans from Unleashed? Honestly I could never care for these dudes.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius