The Completionist Reviews Sonic Heroes

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: The Completionist Reviews Sonic Heroes

Postby The Swordsman » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:20 pm

Mordum wrote:So congrats, you're worse, more dismissive, than I am. Because at least I'm being honest.

And yet he is the better man, unlike you who insults and belittle people.
Mordum wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:You don't like the reviews because you find them mean spirited and a form a bullying fine, but this shows that you are a hypocrite.

Bullying is about establishing a position of power and dominance over others. Insulting you isn't bullying you, because I'm not trying to establish, nor would I even benefit from gaining, a position of power over you.

I also don't really think my frustration comes from mean spiritedness when the entire point is I really dislike that there's an entire thread of people supporting an infantilized culture dedicated to profiting off the creativity of others.

So I'm not a hypocrite. For future reference, http://dictionary.reference.com/.

I know what the word means Mordum I lived through bullying most of my life. Lets go back to your exact quote shall we,
Mordum wrote:Linkara, for completely misunderstanding the core conceit of the show he claims is his inspiration: Mystery Science Theatre 3000. MST3K was about discovering new things with your friends and finding value with them through in-jokes, running gags, and bonding together. Atop the Fourth Wall is about sitting alone in your room, angry about the things you remember not living up to your sad obsession as an adult. History of Power Rangers is a fascinating look at how a college graduate is incapable of analyzing a TV show meant to be understood by six year olds, but is still heralded as a well done dissection by illiterates.

Here you state that people who like HOP are illiterate, implying that those who like it are beneath you, (a "intellectual" as you describe yourself) and their opinions do not matter, which is trying to establish a position of dominance by insulting them. The post is also incredibly mean spirited towards its fans.

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I actually find it kind of ironic that everyone focuses on Mordum being "mean" when like, in private conversations he's actually been really supportive of ideas I've had for potential stories. He is a dude who genuinely wants to foster creativity in people. So of course he'd take issue with people like Linkara who make a living off of being unsupportive and mocking other people's work.

Granted, there isn't any way you'd know this if you haven't talked to him yourself

This is no way excuses his actions.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby DudestofGuys » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Mordum wrote:History of Power Rangers is a fascinating look at how a college graduate is incapable of analyzing a TV show meant to be understood by six year olds, but is still heralded as a well done dissection by illiterates.

The Swordsman wrote:Here you state that people who like HOP are illiterate, implying that those who like it are beneath you, (a "intellectual" as you describe yourself) and their opinions do not matter, which is trying to establish a position of dominance by insulting them.

Mordum wrote:History of Power Rangers is...still heralded as a well done dissection by illiterates.

The Swordsman wrote:Here you state that people who like HOP are illiterate

Mordum wrote:heralded as a well done dissection

The Swordsman wrote:people who like

There's a big difference here.

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I actually find it kind of ironic that everyone focuses on Mordum being "mean" when like, in private conversations he's actually been really supportive of ideas I've had for potential stories. He is a dude who genuinely wants to foster creativity in people. So of course he'd take issue with people like Linkara who make a living off of being unsupportive and mocking other people's work.

Granted, there isn't any way you'd know this if you haven't talked to him yourself

Let's not entirely go there, please. I know I'm being a bit terrible, indulging in talking about all this myself, but this thread isn't about him, this is a thread about a review about Sonic.

SO, maybe I can sorta steer this sorta kinda back on track? I was surprised how fast I found reviews of the comics on Youtube. They're nothing special, mostly just recaps of the issues, but I didn't think anyone would bother with that sort of thing on an issue by issue basis.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan

Postby lalalei2001 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:06 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8612

Just a heads-up, i made an Internet reviewers thread on the Bumblekourt so these threads won't get clogged.
lalalei2001
BumbleNoble

Postby Specs64z » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:10 pm

Mordum wrote:
Specs64z wrote:Dude, we appreciate your passion, insights, and opinions, but there's no reason to be so hostile.

The overwhelming consensus of this thread is "We support an economic infrastructure dedicated to shaming other human beings for profit," so yes there is.

Very well then. Not everyone is as passive as me. I personally think that hostility is never necessary and that all things can be settled in a respctful manner if both parties are willing, but whatev. You do you. However, I would like to ask that you please respond to my comments respectfully and politely. You haven't necessarily really attacked me personally yet, but I thought I'd throw that out there. If you aren't capable of that (not meaning to imply that you aren't, as I am more than sure you are), I see no reason to hold you in any higher regard than the "reviewers" (yes, in quotes, becasue you are honestly right on many of these, imo) that you so passinately hate.

Mordum wrote:
Specs64z wrote:Also, I think you're reading into that part specifically a little too much. He never specifically stated it deserves to be insulted. He said it deserves negative reviews. Negative review =\= angry rant. I'm no artist or writer, but I do know that negative criticism is an essential part of improving your work, no matter how objectively good or bad the product is. Whether that negative criticism is actually helpful or just being a jerk is somewhat subjective, though, so you are still perfectly entitled to that opinion.

Well, no, this is what he said:

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Also don't care what anyone says about Hagan since she's the only person I've seen who has given "The End of Time" the verbal beating it deservers.

He's specifically saying, in this statement, that Hagan's value to him as a reviewer is the fact she gave a negative review to The End of Time.

Here's the thing about that, though. That sentence becomes contextualized in the type of reviewer Hagan is. She's not a reviewer. She's a snarker who nitpicks individual clips of mediocre films. She's not analyzing things, she's recapping a plot and telling you it's dumb. Her position isn't "critique film", it's SPECIFICALLY about picking subject matters she can construe as objectively terrible and then parading how horrible they are in front of people. That is my point: THAT IS NOT BEING A CRITIC.

First off, sorry. I didn't really read through his previous posts super carefully before hitting post myself, and I thought that, based exclusively off what he said that you were directly responding to, your generalization seemed both hasty and illogical, and I felt it could be helpful to point that out.
Secondly, I'll admit you have a very good point I hadn't really though about until now. Flaming an artist's passion and work just for the heck of it isn't exactly very nice or helpful (I never really watched any those "angry nerd rant" videos in the first place as I find them honestly annoying, but I do enjoy, for example, PBG's sarcasm or Projared's exaggeration) But I prefer it when my review has some extra quality or gimmick to make it worthy of a video. I checked into his channel, and I must say it was really, really good quality, but as awesome as Superbunny Hop is, his monotonous voice and lack of energy made him sound almost bored with what he was reviewing or discussing and made the videos feel a little flat. Personally, I'd rather read his reviews than watch them. If I actually care about the general consensus for a game I might buy, I'll probably look at metacritic's average first.

Feel free to pick apart my post layer by layer, but I doubt I'll say much more in this thread. Too much fire and disrespect.
Specs64z
BumbleFan

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:26 am

Alright, folks, there's a dedicated thread to online reviews now, take it over there. Bring this thread back to Sonic Heroes, and anything further I reserve the right to do with as I please (might move, might delete, depends on my mood).

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius