STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:10 pm

The Shamar FF's and Nepthys are actually long time friends -

Aww. There goes the plot for my fanfic ... *tosses in the bin*

But seriously that is awesome. One thing that worried me about the prospect of introducing more villains into the fold was the idea of some villains being introduced as evil for the sake of being evil. Though I'm sure at least one of the Egg Bosses is exactly that, it doesn't seem to be the case across the board.

I also talked about possible ramifications from a rebel group like the Freedom Fighters going around liberating people from Robotnik/Eggman and why that made the Brotherhood furious in another thread. If the Freedom Fighters actually got rid of Nephthys Eggman would probably overnight-in a new, probably not-so-nice, Egg Boss to crush the resistance. The situation is far from ideal, but it's better than many possible alternatives.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:52 am

Neph's a chick? I'd never guessed.

I like the ideological differences between Neph and Sonic. From her Neph's perspective, Sonic's breeding more violence due to openly opposing Eggman and from Sonic's, he just fighting the good fight. The art is really starting to grow on me. The last page of the first story caught me off guard. Eggman's a dirty, good fer noting liar and I love everything about that. I'm liking the flow of the story.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:23 am

I haven't gotten the issue yet but I'm getting really curious, this illness that one of the pronghorn sisters has is it suppose to be a brain thing or did Eggman just not replace the sick parts because she looks almost 100% mechchin body it's hard to imagine most physical ailments being an issue after that. So did Eggman make a promise he couldn't keep or did he just decide to not fix her?

Spoiler: show
I have to wonder because if the body that bad it can't be fix with convectional technology I see story potential here. I find my self thinking of Dr. Ellidly's experiments for example.
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby jazzflower92 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:01 am

Mobotropolis wrote:
The Shamar FF's and Nepthys are actually long time friends -

Aww. There goes the plot for my fanfic ... *tosses in the bin*

But seriously that is awesome. One thing that worried me about the prospect of introducing more villains into the fold was the idea of some villains being introduced as evil for the sake of being evil. Though I'm sure at least one of the Egg Bosses is exactly that, it doesn't seem to be the case across the board.

I also talked about possible ramifications from a rebel group like the Freedom Fighters going around liberating people from Robotnik/Eggman and why that made the Brotherhood furious in another thread. If the Freedom Fighters actually got rid of Nephthys Eggman would probably overnight-in a new, probably not-so-nice, Egg Boss to crush the resistance. The situation is far from ideal, but it's better than many possible alternatives.


As someone said before this stance was shared by the Brotherhood of Guardians, who sat on their butts and let Eggman roll over. I think it's a better understanding coming from Nepthys, because we are not supposed to see her as a pillar of morality like the Brotherhood of Guardians. Although the Brotherhood never allied with Eggman, the fact that they never lifted a finger to help really made a lot of fans sour on them and regarded them as being useless bystanders.

Nepthys' stance reminds me of how many in the past thought instead of fighting the enemy that they should given them what they want in order to appease. While it may have worked for a short time to stop the threat, in the end the enemy will never be satisfied with just a little piece of the pie and the end continue to devour more.
User avatar
jazzflower92
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:43 am

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mobotropolis » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:50 pm

My mention of the other thread was more about the possible damage that could be done by the Freedom Fighters liberating people all willy-nilly than the morality of what the Brotherhood/Desert Bandits are doing. The situation in Shamar is far from ideal for the exact reason that you mentioned, but it is stable and beneficial for both parties at the moment. If Sonic decided to dispose of Nepthys on his way out then the situation had the probability to get much worse before it got better. Disposing of an Egg Boss doesn't end the war. It just makes the region unstable until someone (probably evil) comes in and takes over again.
So did Eggman make a promise he couldn't keep or did he just decide to not fix her?

It is implied to be the latter.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Mordum » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:37 pm

Cassia and Clove really hit me in the soul.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby jazzflower92 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:40 pm

Even if what she says is right, how do you know that Eggman will keep his word? The fact that he lied about Cassia being treated if she was made into a cyborg shows that he is not above going back on his promises. Yeah disposing of Eggman might throw a few things out of order, however, Eggman has shown he is not above screwing people over if it gets him results.
User avatar
jazzflower92
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 185
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:43 am

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:53 pm

ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet but I'm getting really curious, this illness that one of the pronghorn sisters has is it suppose to be a brain thing or did Eggman just not replace the sick parts because she looks almost 100% mechchin body it's hard to imagine most physical ailments being an issue after that.


Could be N.I.D.S, the same thing Maria had.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Meliden » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Not read the story myself, but I do like how the additional parts of Nephthys (the Egyptian goddess)' mythology are being brought into play here. I think I pointed out how the myths don't actually paint her as evil when her name was first brought up, but that seemed to fly out the window early on. Well, turns out it didn't, and she's basically being the villain as a necessity (just as death is a dark but necessary facet of life). Plus, reading into it further, she was known as being a very maternal goddess, and I hear that the concept art uses words like "motherly" and "caring" to describe her. Neat.
User avatar
Meliden
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: ベクエス

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:36 pm

Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet but I'm getting really curious, this illness that one of the pronghorn sisters has is it suppose to be a brain thing or did Eggman just not replace the sick parts because she looks almost 100% mechchin body it's hard to imagine most physical ailments being an issue after that.


Could be N.I.D.S, the same thing Maria had.


N.I.D.S or at least Ian's version of N.I.D.S appears to be a spinal thing as stated by Buns the Moebus Bunnie from the other community

Image

There was also the theory that Bunnie Prime didn't develop N.I.D.S because the based of her spine was robotic. But I think Ian shot that down saying the two things were unrelated.
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:05 pm

ReifuTD wrote:
Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet but I'm getting really curious, this illness that one of the pronghorn sisters has is it suppose to be a brain thing or did Eggman just not replace the sick parts because she looks almost 100% mechchin body it's hard to imagine most physical ailments being an issue after that.


Could be N.I.D.S, the same thing Maria had.


N.I.D.S or at least Ian's version of N.I.D.S appears to be a spinal thing as stated by Buns the Moebus Bunnie from the other community

Image

There was also the theory that Bunnie Prime didn't develop N.I.D.S because the based of her spine was robotic. But I think Ian shot that down saying the two things were unrelated.


That's pre-boot stuff. Re-boot is basically the most of the games and then some. Also, the brain is practically bunk budies with the spine with the brain stem and what not.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby FancyFool » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:23 pm

Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:
Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet but I'm getting really curious, this illness that one of the pronghorn sisters has is it suppose to be a brain thing or did Eggman just not replace the sick parts because she looks almost 100% mechchin body it's hard to imagine most physical ailments being an issue after that.


Could be N.I.D.S, the same thing Maria had.


N.I.D.S or at least Ian's version of N.I.D.S appears to be a spinal thing as stated by Buns the Moebus Bunnie from the other community

Image

There was also the theory that Bunnie Prime didn't develop N.I.D.S because the based of her spine was robotic. But I think Ian shot that down saying the two things were unrelated.


That's pre-boot stuff. Re-boot is basically the most of the games and then some. Also, the brain is practically bunk budies with the spine with the brain stem and what not.

Not to mention both the brain and the spine are major components of the nervous system, which NIDS seems to afflict given that the full name of the disease is "Neuro Immuno-deficiency Syndrome."
FancyFool
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Vania of Pencils

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:02 pm

FancyFool wrote:
Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:
Azul wrote:
ReifuTD wrote:I haven't gotten the issue yet but I'm getting really curious, this illness that one of the pronghorn sisters has is it suppose to be a brain thing or did Eggman just not replace the sick parts because she looks almost 100% mechchin body it's hard to imagine most physical ailments being an issue after that.


Could be N.I.D.S, the same thing Maria had.


N.I.D.S or at least Ian's version of N.I.D.S appears to be a spinal thing as stated by Buns the Moebus Bunnie from the other community

Image

There was also the theory that Bunnie Prime didn't develop N.I.D.S because the based of her spine was robotic. But I think Ian shot that down saying the two things were unrelated.


That's pre-boot stuff. Re-boot is basically the most of the games and then some. Also, the brain is practically bunk budies with the spine with the brain stem and what not.

Not to mention both the brain and the spine are major components of the nervous system, which NIDS seems to afflict given that the full name of the disease is "Neuro Immuno-deficiency Syndrome."


Side note giving that a lot of nerves run though bones that might explained the "Immuno-deficiency" since Bone produce white Blood cells and stuff. Anyway even if the Buns stuff was pre-boot I believe it's the most anyone tried to explain about how NIDS works in any cannon and with absence of a more valid cannon it's still most valid cannon we got. Maybe the reboot version of NIDS works differently unless it comes up again in the comic it's moot point.
User avatar
ReifuTD
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5964
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:07 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Side note giving that a lot of nerves run though bones that might explained the "Immuno-deficiency" since Bone produce white Blood cells and stuff. Anyway even if the Buns stuff was pre-boot I believe it's the most anyone tried to explain about how NIDS works in any cannon and with absence of a more valid cannon it's still most valid cannon we got. Maybe the reboot version of NIDS works differently unless it comes up again in the comic it's moot point.


Well with that logic, we can assume that the Chaos Force is still canon just because it goes into more detail in explaining Chaos mumbo jumb than the games.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: STH#279 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby FancyFool » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:58 pm

ReifuTD wrote:Side note giving that a lot of nerves run though bones that might explained the "Immuno-deficiency" since Bone produce white Blood cells and stuff.

I always thought it's more like NIDS makes the nervous system more vulnerable to neurological illness/diseases, such as Shingles, and makes any chance of fighting back those illness/diseases impossible without advanced medicine.
FancyFool
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:34 am
Location: Vania of Pencils

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests