SU#82 - Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

SU#82 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Ian Flynn » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 am

They're not due out until much later, but I'm hearing hit-or-miss reports that SU#82 and STH#279 are available online. So those who are getting their hands on it can go ahead and start discussing it.
Ian Flynn
BumbleKing

Re: SU#82 - Spoilers & Discussion

Postby TheFatPanda » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:20 am

I gotta say I wasn't expecting it to end like that.

Also, Jon Gray is a menace who needs to be stopped.
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Yarcaz » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:41 pm

I hope that we get them at least before February, during January sometime hopefully. I keep going to Books A Million, a Comic Shop, and check online weekly on Wednesday. Still nothing. Oh well, but I did see a leaked image of the last page from SU#82.
Not only is it not officially out yet physically or digitally, but we don't even have the preview pages, but oh well "whatareyougonnado"?

On the positive note, it actually is increasing the suspense of how the story is going to progress due to it being late.
Yarcaz
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Well, for those invested in the story anyway.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:02 am

Yarcaz wrote:I hope that we get them at least before February, during January sometime hopefully. I keep going to Books A Million, a Comic Shop, and check online weekly on Wednesday. Still nothing.

they're currently scheduled for the end of this month
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:06 am

TheFatPanda wrote:Also, Jon Gray is a menace who needs to be stopped.

(hearty laughter), ok, I have to ask.
What did he do? XD
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Meliden » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:52 am

FritzyBeat wrote:

What did he do? XD

I'll give you a hint.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby TurboTailz » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:35 am

Meliden wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:

What did he do? XD

I'll give you a hint.

Oh man I hope not because now I'm thinking of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nxFOgrtxrM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwv_2OKxZr8
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:47 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
Meliden wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:

What did he do? XD

I'll give you a hint.

Oh sweet Aurora save us all.
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:27 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
Meliden wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:

What did he do? XD

I'll give you a hint.

The DBZ one is the pinnacle of internet entertainment.

Not much I can say about this one. I did enjoy it but I felt it was a bit lacking in action for my taste. I think The Second Devourer fits perfectly within the universe down to the design. It was a great mindless, kill everything Eldritch Abomination and I hope we see more of it. I did like the climactic finish. And I think the story took the best possible direction with the ending, leaving an opening for more adventures with this troupe of characters. I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of challenges Silver and co. will face while stomping out Genesis portals.

And is usual, Tracy Yardley! doesn't fail to deliver in the art department. His art looks a bit cleaner and smoother around the edges. I remember in the older days, the sharp edges gave a more tense feel to the book and I greatly enjoyed it. But it's still good nonetheless.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:13 am

This issue was good, and it was a nice final issue for the story arc. The way Gold woke up Professor Von Schlemmer was sure pretty interesting, and seeing Silver close that small Inter-dimension Portal with his powers was interesting. Seeing how Von Schlemmer was able to use his Bigger-Maker Machine to make Silver bigger was interesting, and the way they did it by going on the rooftop and combining their brainpower with Gold's was a really interesting way to do it. The red Bit said "right" in binary code in case you're curious, but I had some trouble translating it with this binary to text generator I used again as I got the error "Malformed binary. Your binary code is must be divisible by 8" as I tired to translate it at first. I got the letters R,I,G and H, so I figured the last letter was T. Seeing giant Silver fight The Second Devourer, and it was nice of Silver to not step on citizens who turned into stone. But seeing Silver getting knocked down shortly afterwards makes me wonder if he crushed any of the citizen statues. Afterwards, the yellow Bit said "go", which was a short message. It was a heartwarming moment when Silver shedded a tear when Gold gave him encouragement to keep trying. The burst of energy that Silver let out was sure epic, and how he threw the monster into the portal and began to close it with his powers. When Silver started to shrink back to his normal size, it seemed the monster would escape, but seeing Silver finish closing the portal in his normal size was sure epic, and it must have hurt to fall all the way down like that and hit the Bigger-Maker Machine must have hurt after he had gone dizzy. I think all of the Bits said "woot" after Silver defeated the monster, but I got the same error again when translating the last piece of binary code, so I'm not too sure. It seemed like an happy ending, but it turned into a cliff-hanger when a portal generated between Silver and his allies as they fell down into another dimension. Also, did the Council and all of the people who turned into stone ever change back to normal? I'm sure they did. The Off-Panel was also sure... interesting. Overall, this story arc was sure nice, and it played out nice in the end. I wonder how the next story arc will turn out?
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby The KKM » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:05 am

in case anyone doesn't get the off-panel, incidentally, it's not just a Space Jam joke, but a Godzilla vs Barkley one.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:28 am

NiTROACTiVE wrote:This issue was good, and it was a nice final issue for the story arc. The way Gold woke up Professor Von Schlemmer was sure pretty interesting, and seeing Silver close that small Inter-dimension Portal with his powers was interesting. Seeing how Von Schlemmer was able to use his Bigger-Maker Machine to make Silver bigger was interesting, and the way they did it by going on the rooftop and combining their brainpower with Gold's was a really interesting way to do it. The red Bit said "right" in binary code in case you're curious, but I had some trouble translating it with this binary to text generator I used again as I got the error "Malformed binary. Your binary code is must be divisible by 8" as I tired to translate it at first. I got the letters R,I,G and H, so I figured the last letter was T. Seeing giant Silver fight The Second Devourer, and it was nice of Silver to not step on citizens who turned into stone. But seeing Silver getting knocked down shortly afterwards makes me wonder if he crushed any of the citizen statues. Afterwards, the yellow Bit said "go", which was a short message. It was a heartwarming moment when Silver shedded a tear when Gold gave him encouragement to keep trying. The burst of energy that Silver let out was sure epic, and how he threw the monster into the portal and began to close it with his powers. When Silver started to shrink back to his normal size, it seemed the monster would escape, but seeing Silver finish closing the portal in his normal size was sure epic, and it must have hurt to fall all the way down like that and hit the Bigger-Maker Machine must have hurt after he had gone dizzy. I think all of the Bits said "woot" after Silver defeated the monster, but I got the same error again when translating the last piece of binary code, so I'm not too sure. It seemed like an happy ending, but it turned into a cliff-hanger when a portal generated between Silver and his allies as they fell down into another dimension. Also, did the Council and all of the people who turned into stone ever change back to normal? I'm sure they did. The Off-Panel was also sure... interesting. Overall, this story arc was sure nice, and it played out nice in the end. I wonder how the next story arc will turn out?

No offense buuuut you really need to learn to express your opinion in more natural way. I guess it's not harm here, but my former teachers would give "E-" for this.
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Silver Age was cool. Silverzilla was a nice surprise.
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby QuantamEdge » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:46 am

Had a lot of fun with this last part. Silver's fight with the Second Devourer reminded me of a Kaiju fight, only with more strategy involved, so that's definitely a plus. Can't help but think that this story is treated as though the reader is seeing Silver for the first time ever, what with the way Silver doesn't even properly introduce himself to Von Schlemmer until this very last bit.

To sum up the whole thing, it was nothing but a light hearted cast thrown into a dark, neo pulp sci-fi setting and I love it for that. I love the way Evan made a whole world just by going off of Silver's design. On a visual scale this was fantastic.
For story though, it feels as though it's begging for a direct sequel. Gold still needs some fleshing out, along with the Council and SD. I consider that a good thing since I'm really, really hoping Evan comes back for more, because this was an awesome first step.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius