Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:17 pm

RaceProUK wrote:
Azul wrote:Not King Max. He was about as tall as Sonic.

Post-reboot he is; pre-reboot though, and definitely in SatAM, Max is taller by some margin (he's definitely taller than Sally, and she's Sonic's height).


Oh wait, ju right. I was thinking of Yardley!'s iteration, who makes less, if not none at all, of a distinction.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby ToaArcan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Azul wrote:
RaceProUK wrote:
Azul wrote:Not King Max. He was about as tall as Sonic.

Post-reboot he is; pre-reboot though, and definitely in SatAM, Max is taller by some margin (he's definitely taller than Sally, and she's Sonic's height).


Oh wait, ju right. I was thinking of Yardley!'s iteration, who makes less, if not none at all, of a distinction.



Worth noting that Max is in a wheelchair in most of his appearances where Yardley's drawn him.
User avatar
ToaArcan
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 pm
Location: Right behind you

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:56 pm

ToaArcan wrote:
Azul wrote:
RaceProUK wrote:
Azul wrote:Not King Max. He was about as tall as Sonic.

Post-reboot he is; pre-reboot though, and definitely in SatAM, Max is taller by some margin (he's definitely taller than Sally, and she's Sonic's height).


Oh wait, ju right. I was thinking of Yardley!'s iteration, who makes less, if not none at all, of a distinction.



Worth noting that Max is in a wheelchair in most of his appearances where Yardley's drawn him.


True enough, but I was thinking more of King Maxx, his Moebius counterpart, who's drawn as the same height as Scourge. There's no reason not to assume the same would go for King Max.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby ToaArcan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Azul wrote:True enough, but I was thinking more of King Maxx, his Moebius counterpart, who's drawn as the same height as Scourge. There's no reason not to assume the same would go for King Max.


Oh yeah, I forgot repressed Scourge's SU arc.
User avatar
ToaArcan
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 pm
Location: Right behind you

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby The Swordsman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:50 pm

I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.
User avatar
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm
Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Azul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:07 pm

The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.


That's the implication. Now conceal yourself so I can show you the super secret anti-human/anthro relations club members hand shake.
User avatar
Azul
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 pm
Location: Somewhere, USA

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby The Swordsman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:13 pm

Azul wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.


That's the implication. Now conceal yourself so I can show you the super secret anti-human/anthro relations club members hand shake.

Will do. (Hides in the shadows)
User avatar
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm
Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Kellox » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Sorry have to disagree I do not understand this notion of no human/antro relationships all of a sudden, Why the heck is this suddenly taboo when in other child shows its played for laughs or serious? ( Garygloys anyone?.) The Japanese Sonic team doesn't seem to be against the notion, heck there were some odd Japanese only jokes between Topaz and Rouge in the Sonic X Anime, ( some jokes that made me even raise my eye brow)


My only issue with this discussion is to please leave sex out of this? Sonic the Hedgehog is indeed a kid friendly franchise and a fictional world where that concept simply doesn't exist. You might argue'' but where do the babies come from'', but its a cartoon-animal universe people the characters dont even have body parts, That concept simply doesnt exist and therefore should not even apply to this discussion, Am I also the only one who finds it odd that whenever people talk about Elise/Sonic the first thing'a lot of fans comment is about '' But how do they do it?''
Cause people that should NOT be the first thing you should be thinking of in a video game that targets 8 year old boys and where the romance is downplayed for puppy love. Asside from the fact its sort of gross.

Its possible to ship human/sonic characters without GOING that way.
User avatar
Kellox
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:59 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Mordum » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:28 pm

The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.


Humans are just a different kind of mobian.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby The Swordsman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Mordum wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.


Humans are just a different kind of mobian.

Got any proof to go with that? Prereboot it was very clear that we were different species.
User avatar
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm
Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby ToaArcan » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Kellox wrote: video game that targets 8 year old boys


06 was rated 12+ in the UK.

The thing with anthro-pairings in other material is that they're often a lot more humanoid. They don't have huge heads and noodle limbs and tiny bodies and giant hands and feet.

Humans and Mobians are definitely something very different. Humans are humans, whereas Mobians are hyper-evolved animals, that have retained their animalistic traits. In that respect, they're probably an evolutionary level or two higher than us. Functioning brains and opposable thumbs, but they can also do things like fly, or breathe underwater, etc. Oh, and some of them have the ability to harness the raw power of Chaos, something no human can do.
User avatar
ToaArcan
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:13 pm
Location: Right behind you

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby SonicSoul » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:45 pm

Yet still retain the amount of sapience of a human to be considered and treated as any other human.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby The Swordsman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:47 pm

ToaArcan wrote:
Kellox wrote: video game that targets 8 year old boys


06 was rated 12+ in the UK.

The thing with anthro-pairings in other material is that they're often a lot more humanoid. They don't have huge heads and noodle limbs and tiny bodies and giant hands and feet.

Humans and Mobians are definitely something very different. Humans are humans, whereas Mobians are hyper-evolved animals, that have retained their animalistic traits. In that respect, they're probably an evolutionary level or two higher than us. Functioning brains and opposable thumbs, but they can also do things like fly, or breathe underwater, etc. Oh, and some of them have the ability to harness the raw power of Chaos, something no human can do.

Eggman has harnessed the power of Chaos with his machines and before Sonic met Chip we had a monopoly on Gaia knowledge.
User avatar
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm
Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby Mordum » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:47 pm

The Swordsman wrote:
Mordum wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.


Humans are just a different kind of mobian.

Got any proof to go with that? Prereboot it was very clear that we were different species.


The preboot isn't valid anymore. The universe shifted and now resembles the game universe, which is where most of the conversation has been centered around. Most of the conversation has had nothing to do with those comics that are now an inaccurate portrayal of current Sonic's narrative logic.

Logic which, I'll add again, makes no distinction between humans and Animals.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Re: Sonic's Taste in Human Women

Postby The Swordsman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:52 pm

Mordum wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:
Mordum wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:I'm with Azul and Ian on this, I find a relationship like this to be wrong. As for why I don't care when its two different mobians? I guess I treat mobians as their own species with the different animal types being its races.


Humans are just a different kind of mobian.

Got any proof to go with that? Prereboot it was very clear that we were different species.


The preboot isn't valid anymore. The universe shifted and now resembles the game universe, which is where most of the conversation has been centered around. Most of the conversation has had nothing to do with those comics that are now an inaccurate portrayal of current Sonic's narrative logic.

Logic which, I'll add again, makes no distinction between humans and Animals.

Comic does not equal Games. Also the absence of evidence doesn't prove anything.
User avatar
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:05 pm
Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron