how does sega of japan feel about satam and the comics

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

how does sega of japan feel about satam and the comics

Postby Mexica005 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:36 am

this was always on the top of my head while working on my retrospective. if anyone could give me some answeres that be great. also is it ok for me to put up a youtube link to my newest retrospective video cause id like to get some feedback so i can try to better improve them
Mexica005
BumbleNewbie

Re: how does sega of japan feel about satam and the comics

Postby Kellox » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:42 pm

I've always kind of wondered about this as well, I do often see Nicole, Sally and Bunnie being drawn in fan art by Japanese Sonic fan artist but I dont think there is a group or a community who for example translate the archie comic book series into Japanese, I read somewhere that SatAm did poorly in the Japanese ratings but too be fair Sonic X wasn't a huge hit either and it only got a third season because of its popularity OUTSIDE of Japan.

I did spoke with one Japanese Sonic fan artst a long time ago about Satam, Fleetway and Archie and he expressed neither a dislike nor like towards the spin offs but rather that he felt alienated since he had no diea whose's who, what's what and why some of the characters were acting so different, he was confused to why Sonic was always so angry and moody in Fleetway, he did liked Satam but disliked Sonic's voice actor.
Also years ago I showed another Japanese Sonic fan artst my collection of the Knuckles comic book series and he expressed a huge dislike for the art style and character designs.
Kellox
BumbleCitizen

Re: how does sega of japan feel about satam and the comics

Postby Xabin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:51 pm

I didn't know SatAM was translated to Japanese and shown there, though they did the same with Beast Wars. Then again, with Beast Wars, they made it much more comedic with quirks that weren't there in the original, so I dunno if they did something similar to SatAM.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Return to This Side of Mobius