Now the comics are being delayed too...

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 pm

RaceProUK wrote:They're on their way


that's good, wonder if they'll use the last week of january to catch up with the stuff that was originally scheduled for december and this month
Last edited by Mr.Unsmiley on Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: North Charleston, SC

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby Shadowclaw98 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:46 pm

[quoteIt's just too eerie of a coincidence that the comics start getting majorly delayed shortly after Penders started hinting at more legal action against Archie.][/quote]

While I'm not happy with the delays, it can't be Penders. There's nothing in the current timeline that he can sue for, unless it's something that vaguely resembles a previous group (Egg Army/DEL, for example). Unless Penders is trying to prove he somehow owns the franchise himself, what he's currently wanting from Archie shouldn't have an affect on the current comics.
Shadowclaw98
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:25 am

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby squeakyboots13 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Just curious here. How many of you people are new to comics? Because this is not the first time these types of delays have happened with the monthly books.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Penders because it had affected Mega Man #55 as well.
User avatar
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 5504
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:53 pm
Location: Disney World

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:43 pm

I know delays happen, but ones that take a month and a half are a bit on the unusual side. granted, I'm not part of the Penders Conspiracy camp, I'm just wondering how inconvenient missing 2 months of Universe is gonna be for the solicits
User avatar
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: North Charleston, SC

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby Shadowclaw98 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:34 am

I started reading just after the reboot, I'm using the graphic novels and scans to catch up.
Shadowclaw98
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:25 am

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby TurboTailz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:48 pm

I thought the delays were about the new DC and Marvel comics. I guess the good thing is that we'll probably get double issues this month due to the delays.
User avatar
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:33 am

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby DudestofGuys » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:03 pm

Shadowclaw98 wrote:I'm using the graphic novels and scans to catch up.

The forum's gonna close at the end of the month, but you really should be wary of admitting to piracy anyway.
DudestofGuys
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:10 pm

TurboTailz wrote:I thought the delays were about the new DC and Marvel comics. I guess the good thing is that we'll probably get double issues this month due to the delays.


I still think that's not true. "Our Competitors are starting new lines lets delay for a couple months" it just sound plausible. Comic's get delayed all the time ask anyone still waiting for any storyline written by Kevin Smith in the early 2000's to finish.
User avatar
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen
 
Posts: 12370
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Angel Grove, CA

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:19 pm

squeakyboots13 wrote:Just curious here. How many of you people are new to comics? Because this is not the first time these types of delays have happened with the monthly books.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Penders because it had affected Mega Man #55 as well.

As someone who has read Sonic the Hedgehog since it started, this is the first time i've ever run into this sort of thing, personally.

Then again "Sonic" is basically the only comic I actually read regularly.
User avatar
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 6309
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: USA

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby PC the Hedgehog » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:
squeakyboots13 wrote:Just curious here. How many of you people are new to comics? Because this is not the first time these types of delays have happened with the monthly books.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Penders because it had affected Mega Man #55 as well.

As someone who has read Sonic the Hedgehog since it started, this is the first time i've ever run into this sort of thing, personally.

Then again "Sonic" is basically the only comic I actually read regularly.


Me too. I never recall a month delay in my 20+ years reading the book. Then again, I guess I've never really paid that close attention, either.
User avatar
PC the Hedgehog
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:07 am
Location: Missouri

Re: Now the comics are being delayed too...

Postby Penguin God » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:41 pm

Just about every December, there's delays of 2 or 3 weeks for the next couple months.
User avatar
Penguin God
BumbleCult
 
Posts: 8406
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests