Sonic Origins Collection???

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic Origins Collection???

Postby Excelhedge » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Sorry if this has been asked already, but are the "origin" going to be collected into one book? I seem to have lost track of what individual books each chapter is in.

Also I know we done the Satam Freedom Fighters new Origins but when are we going to learn about Sonic and the rest of the SegaSonic Freedom Fighters backgrounds?
Excelhedge
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic Origins Collection???

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Excelhedge wrote:Also I know we done the Satam Freedom Fighters new Origins but when are we going to learn about Sonic and the rest of the SegaSonic Freedom Fighters backgrounds?

Well, let's see. Sonic and Tails were only allowed to be shown blurred, Eggman was reduced to a silhouette, and Tails was turned into a green raccoon-thing.

I'd say never, unless they release a new Encyclopedia or data files.
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Yeah, they're never going to get into the SegaSonic backgrounds unless Sega themselves comes up with a background to use. And that's fine really, I've only barely been interested in the Origins stories at all personally. I don't really need to know everything they did before to get why they do what they do now.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:42 pm

Not happening for the SegaSonic Characters. They pretty much just showed up one day and that's their story (and to an extent that's what actually happened) and they're sticking to it!

I guess now that we got the Freedom Fighters out of the way I'd like to see some background for the Egg Bosses. Not much was done for them in either continuity, and it looks like at least Cassia and Clove have a story to tell.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby DoNotDelete » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:52 am

I've wanted to know more about Mordred's origin myself. Maybe if people respond to Clove's and Cassia's usage in the comic we'll see more focus on villain-oriented storytelling. We do have the upcoming Eggman arc to look forward to so we might get some hints for some of those villain's origins in there. Maybe.

I'd like to see all these short origin stories collected myself, but I guess it'll take a lot of short five-six page origin stories collected together to qualify for a trade paperback.

I'm guessing I've missed Bunnie's new origin story (or maybe I've just forgotten and I actually have seen it).
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mobotropolis » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:33 am

Bunnie's origin story was in Sonic Super Digest 9.

Also, maybe if not complete origin stories (since production of supplemental material seems to have ground to a halt) then maybe also reprinting some issues that covered it in the main story? Lupe's story would qualify. And the Snively backup we had some time ago. And then possibly maybe Dulcy's issue will have something.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:23 am

DoNotDelete wrote:I've wanted to know more about Mordred's origin myself. Maybe if people respond to Clove's and Cassia's usage in the comic we'll see more focus on villain-oriented storytelling. We do have the upcoming Eggman arc to look forward to so we might get some hints for some of those villain's origins in there. Maybe.

Other villains may need it, but Mordred's probably hasn't changed much from his pre-reboot origin; he was an advisor in the court of the king (not Rob's dad this time, just a king), he at some point went to Eggman, he took over the place once the king abdicated or whatever. Mordred seems a lot like the Chaotix in that he's being played more for his personality and comedy value than any sort of depths that can be explored ala Cassia, Clove and Tundra.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Penguin God » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:10 am

I'd rather see Egg Boss backgrounds in the real comic if they're going to be actually interesting or affect the plot.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby SonicWindAttack » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:05 am

I'd love to see origin stories for the Egg Bosses, especially Cassia and Clove. I heard that Razor is getting his own story due to fan demand, so how exactly do we express our interest in getting other characters their origin stories? Is there a poll or something?
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:06 am

I wouldn't mind the existing origin stories being compiled into a single comic archive, so people don't have to keep buying the old Super Digest issues to read up on them.

As for origins we haven't gotten, yet, I'd like to see Ben Muttski's origin, see how he became Chuck's assistant and how he connects with Sonic now, if at all. I also wouldn't mind seeing Tundra's backstory, see how Eggman conquered the Northern Tundra and made him an Egg Boss.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Kureejii Lea » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:28 am

SonicWindAttack wrote:I'd love to see origin stories for the Egg Bosses, especially Cassia and Clove. I heard that Razor is getting his own story due to fan demand, so how exactly do we express our interest in getting other characters their origin stories? Is there a poll or something?

Fan mail.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby SonicWindAttack » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:
SonicWindAttack wrote:I'd love to see origin stories for the Egg Bosses, especially Cassia and Clove. I heard that Razor is getting his own story due to fan demand, so how exactly do we express our interest in getting other characters their origin stories? Is there a poll or something?

Fan mail.

Ah, thanks. I'll definitely get to that.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Return to This Side of Mobius