Knuckles and Julie Su's Common-law Relationship

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Knuckles and Julie Su's Common-law Relationship

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:09 pm

The Swordsman wrote:
SonicBlueRanger wrote:
Matt7325 wrote:It's a refreshing change of pace to see people being so blasé about Knuckles and Julie-Su not being married. Ten years ago (wow am I old) there was a lot of outrage about them "living in sin".

Because Christian belief's matter so much to Anthropomorphic Echidnas. :(hearty laughter): People are silly sometimes I swear.

Anyway like many things about Knuckles and Julie-Su's relationship I really didn't care if they were married or not.

Just because it doesn't matter does not mean we Christians have to approve/like it. I'll just leave it at that as I don't want to start a flame war.

Eh, even when I was Christian I never really saw what the big deal was honestly.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Xabin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:21 pm

I always did find it odd that Knuckles and Julie-Su never officially married. I didn't know that that was something that was common among the Dark Legion. Really interesting bit of info, there. I wonder why the Brotherhood didn't take on a similar attitude toward pairings, considering they only mate to ensure the continuation of the Brotherhood line, and they expect their heirs to live alone on the island at a young age, so parental bonding wouldn't be that big a deal to them.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Penguin God » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:48 pm

The Brotherhood were all about tradition no matter what. The Dark Legion were dark pragmatists. The contrast makes sense between them as much as anything else did.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby jazzflower92 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:36 pm

Penguin God wrote:The Brotherhood were all about tradition no matter what. The Dark Legion were dark pragmatists. The contrast makes sense between them as much as anything else did.

Yeah, the deep contrasts between the two groups could have been emphasized more within Julie and Knuckles' relationship. It would have actually been interesting to see how Julie's upbringing in the Dark Legion contrasts with Knuckle's guardian training.
jazzflower92
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:01 pm

Knuckles never really knew much about the Brotherhood (or echidnas at all), and didn't respect their traditions much even without the Dark Legion. For that sort of chemistry, you'd need someone entirely different.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby jazzflower92 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:05 pm

Penguin God wrote:Knuckles never really knew much about the Brotherhood (or echidnas at all), and didn't respect their traditions much even without the Dark Legion. For that sort of chemistry, you'd need someone entirely different.

Yeah, Knuckles really seemed to really want to break with much of the traditions of the Guardians.
jazzflower92
BumbleFan

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius