STH#278 Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: STH#278 Spoilers & Discussion

Postby AdamBryceThomas » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I will use it to keep improving!
AdamBryceThomas
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 pm

Making Moley McMolerson a golden yellow colour would have been perfectly acceptable in my opinion, but then people would probably accuse him of too closely resembling Bark the Bear.

Well, there's a whole spectrum of color out there.

Examples -

The last one was just me using the Triple Threat's Color Pallet. In my head Spike was Red, Sonar was Blue, and Trevor was Yellow. I actually like the cookie-dough colored one (#1) the best. I figured since his hold body couldn't be golden I'd make his belly golden and use a warmer color for the body.

it's like when you had an insistence in green annoying birds pre-reboot

They ... couldn't really recolor three official SegaSonic Characters, though. o-O
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Meliden » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Do not activate the Speedy trap.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Weeg the Ninji » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:12 am

Am I wrong to assume that Nephthys is an older, maybe even elderly lady? She's got white hair feathers and it looked like her face had some wrinkles, so I kinda got that impression. She'd cover an age range that we don't currently have in the Egg Bosses if so. Also, it sounds like Cassia really had it rough before she got her cybernetics. Like, wow. Can't wait to get more on that story. Sounds like a real tearjerker.
Weeg the Ninji
BumbleNewbie

Postby Uwaaii » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:41 am

Weeg the Ninji wrote:Am I wrong to assume that Nephthys is an older, maybe even elderly lady? She's got white hair feathers and it looked like her face had some wrinkles, so I kinda got that impression. She'd cover an age range that we don't currently have in the Egg Bosses if so.

I thought of that too. Her appearance and speech gave off that feel. That would explain why she looks taller. I would be disappointed if she wasn't.
Mobotropolis wrote:
Making Moley McMolerson a golden yellow colour would have been perfectly acceptable in my opinion, but then people would probably accuse him of too closely resembling Bark the Bear.

Examples -

The last one was just me using the Triple Threat's Color Pallet. In my head Spike was Red, Sonar was Blue, and Trevor was Yellow. I actually like the cookie-dough colored one (#1) the best. I figured since his hold body couldn't be golden I'd make his belly golden and use a warmer color for the body.

I like the first colored one too. Silver is colored light grey, so I think the first colored one can be considered gold. Actually if you make it lighter his color would be similar to Gold the Tenrec's. Bark is light yellow so this color makes him more a Golden Mole, or even a regular mole without being called a clone. Either way it's better than having three (four?) power-types in different shades of purple.
Uwaaii
BumbleFan

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:07 am

Uwaaii wrote:
Weeg the Ninji wrote:Am I wrong to assume that Nephthys is an older, maybe even elderly lady? She's got white hair feathers and it looked like her face had some wrinkles, so I kinda got that impression. She'd cover an age range that we don't currently have in the Egg Bosses if so.

I thought of that too. Her appearance and speech gave off that feel. That would explain why she looks taller. I would be disappointed if she wasn't.

Me too! Some people on tumblr suspected that her face is actually a mask, and while I find those arguments are very convincing, I really hope it is not a mask precisely for the reason you guys mentioned.
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan

Postby The KKM » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:31 am

Anyway at this point what's done is done so it's just a request for the future

there's enough purple bruisers already

also the use of purple, magenta, and teal tones is getting almost as repetitive as old Archie's dependency on brown
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 am

Her are some great sketches of the Egg Bosses from Adam Bryce Thomas: http://www.deviantart.com/art/More-sketches-573301800
Nephthys looks especially great her, goodness she looks awesome!
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan

Postby DoNotDelete » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:06 pm

LordLaharlsVassal wrote:Her are some great sketches of the Egg Bosses from Adam Bryce Thomas: http://www.deviantart.com/art/More-sketches-573301800

Not to be a butt, but A few of them look off-model/awkward there - especially Battlekuku - and Nephthys' beak looks too long/misshapen - or maybe it's that her eyes are set too far back into her skull.

The buffalo guy (whose name escapes me right now) looks good though.

Mobotropolis wrote:

Examples -

The last one was just me using the Triple Threat's Color Pallet. In my head Spike was Red, Sonar was Blue, and Trevor was Yellow. I actually like the cookie-dough colored one (#1) the best. I figured since his hold body couldn't be golden I'd make his belly golden and use a warmer color for the body

A neutral/drab colour could have worked - but I guess with Spike already being a (somewhat warm) brown the team risked looking too plain when considered as an ensemble - or maybe Sonar would have stood out too much being the only TECHNICOLOUR character in the group.
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:22 am

This was a nice issue, and the action was fun too. The Arid Sands Zone looked OK, but it's a desert, so nothing much is expected from that. Seeing Big carry that Skorp made me think that Big is stronger than he looks, and I bet he would loose some weight if he kept doing that. Meeting the Shamar Freedom Fighters, who are Spike the Porcupine, Sonar the Fennec and Tevor Burrow the Mole was nice, and the look an awful lot like the original Freedom Fighters, especially T.B. They way the fanboyed/fangirled over seeing Sonic was silly too. Seeing the city of Shamar in the comic was nice, and seeing a sea creature use a water umbrella was pretty funny, especially how it was in a desert city. Seeing those kids hold on to Big was silly too. As usual, we see Sonic go Werehog again, but what was that Gaia serpent that was going at Big? As the fire badniks lit up the room Antoine was in, he said "Mes yeux!", which is "My eyes!" in French. They should consider putting in translations in the comic for foreign words said by characters. I'm sure many older readers would know what they would say without translations, but there are much younger readers that wouldn't know that. Seeing Nephthys the Egyptian Vulture was cool, and he sure looks like an epic Regional Egg Boss. The first story was overall good. The start of the second story with Bunnie and Cassie fighting was expected, and how Cassie commented on Bunnie's limbs as a "self-improvement" which mad Bunnie mad was kind of mean-spirited. How they fell down because of that hole they made was sure something else, but why didn't Bunnie use her rocket boots to break her fall? The conversation between Sally and Clove was also interesting, and how Clove left Sally was unexpected. As Bunnie and Cassie were in the cave, the Blue Emerald was sure bright, and seeing Cassie hurt her knee made me forget she was a cyborg and not a 100% robot. The conversation they both had was nice, and it seemed if they would escape the cave and become even, but as Cassie tricked Bunnie and took the emerald from her, that made me pretty mad at her. Clove was sure a... meanie at the end. The Off-Panel was gold. I really can't wait for STH #279 seeing how things in the first story might end up killing a/some character(s), it would be ironic and sad if all of the Shamar Freedom Fighters died in the next issue, and I really wonder what will happen to the emerald and Bunnie in the second story. Let's hope she'll make it out OK. I also wonder what the secret and the cost in the next issue for the second story will be too? We'll have to wait and find out in the future.
NiTROACTiVE
BumbleClan

Postby LordLaharlsVassal » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:57 am

DoNotDelete wrote:
LordLaharlsVassal wrote:Her are some great sketches of the Egg Bosses from Adam Bryce Thomas: http://www.deviantart.com/art/More-sketches-573301800

Not to be a butt, but A few of them look off-model/awkward there - especially Battlekuku - and Nephthys' beak looks too long/misshapen - or maybe it's that her eyes are set too far back into her skull.

The buffalo guy (whose name escapes me right now) looks good though.

You think so? I think the Battlekuku is just suppose to have an intense moment, being all sweaty and all. I think Nephthys' beak look freaking beautiful, perfect length in my book.
LordLaharlsVassal
BumbleFan

Postby Matt7325 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:01 am

NiTROACTiVE wrote:Seeing Big carry that Skorp made me think that Big is stronger than he looks, and I bet he would loose some weight if he kept doing that.

He's all muscle, baby.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby DabigRG » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:58 pm

Nephthys definitely stands out, giving unique look compared to most characters. Can't wait to see her in action next month!

But yeah, BattleLord looks weird (but when doesn't he :P ) and Axel looks like he's auditioning for a role in either Fullmetal Alchemist or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Duck Army » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Personally, the reason why i'm disappointed with the pointlessness of the Were-hog is that it had so much potential. It would be really interesting if this whole arc featured a subplot of Sonic trying to control his new form. It would make it a lot more interesting than how it was in Unleashed. Instead, controlling takes only 2-3 issues, and after that, he's just the same old Sonic. Just because he behaved the same in Unleashed, doesn't mean it has to be the same here! Maybe we can have him lose control again.
Duck Army
BumbleFan

Postby Chameleon Guy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Definitely the best issue since the "tour" (since #272). I liked both stories this time, the new characters are really cool parallels to Team Sonic. I'm kinda glad Clove isn't secretly a hero, but more like "who cares about Eggman, let's keep things quite for self-preservation". I'm not feeling Nephtys's design, her face doesn't exactly look mobian.

Anyway, this issue helped me in a tough night, I won't forget that.
Chameleon Guy
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius