STH#278 Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: STH#278 Spoilers & Discussion

Postby akessel92 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:44 pm

I wonder if nepthys ever hit Eggman with a rock.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:13 am

If she did, that's probably why she has cybernetics now.
If the new characters are bad guys, that would make them the Anti Freedom Fighters (or Anti Team Sonic, in this case) of the new continuity?

That'd make them the Sand Blasters before they went full-on Looney Toons.

So far on the Grand Tour -

Spoiler: show
Mazuri = Might be a Brand-new Team facing Axel

Chun-nan = Chun-nan Freedom Fighters (Dulcy's Team) replacing Dragon Freedom Fighters (Ken's Team)

Spagonia = Avalon Freedom Fighters (Bow's Team) replacing Krazy Kritter Freedom Fighters (Rob's Team)

Holoska = They already found this Temple without the local Freedom Fighting Team

Shamar = Shamar Freedom Fighters (These Guys) replacing the Sand-Blasters

Adabat = I don't think Abadat is big enough or will be visited enough to support its own Freedom Fighter Group, so I see one of three things happening; 1. The New-Downunda Freedom Fighters will support which means Trailus-guy will oppose them, 2. Razor will come back and form the foundation of the Forty Fantom Freedom Fighters which means we'll get Squid-girl, 3. They'll find this temple on their own since this is also the temple where Chip will be fully awakened and that might need panel-space

Eggmanland = Will not have a Freedom Fighting Team
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:31 am

At first glance I thought the Sandblaster's replacements where suppose to be parodies of the Sonic Boom team but one of them ending up acting like the Sonic Boom characters plus no Amy and Stix counter parts. But that would have been funny

Mobotropolis wrote:
Mazuri = Might be a Brand-new Team facing Axel

Chun-nan = Chun-nan Freedom Fighters (Dulcy's Team) replacing Dragon Freedom Fighters (Ken's Team)

Spagonia = Avalon Freedom Fighters (Bow's Team) replacing Krazy Kritter Freedom Fighters (Rob's Team)

Holoska = They already found this Temple without the local Freedom Fighting Team

Shamar = Shamar Freedom Fighters (These Guys) replacing the Sand-Blasters

Adabat = I don't think Abadat is big enough or will be visited enough to support its own Freedom Fighter Group, so I see one of three things happening; 1. The New-Downunda Freedom Fighters will support which means Trailus-guy will oppose them, 2. Razor will come back and form the foundation of the Forty Fantom Freedom Fighters which means we'll get Squid-girl, 3. They'll find this temple on their own since this is also the temple where Chip will be fully awakened and that might need panel-space

Eggmanland = Will not have a Freedom Fighting Team

Why couldn't Eggmanland have Freedom Fighters? I guess it depends on if they have cyborgs. But I can't imagine everyone to be turned into a cyborg to be happy with their situation. Actually I would love to see more domestic side to the Egg Empire then the military out posts.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:54 am

Ian Flynn wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:Specifically, Nephthys is an Egyptian Vulture.

Would that make the name Nephthys the Egyptian Vulture or just Nephthys the Vulture the right one?

Since there's no "Egypt" on Mobius, it doesn't make sense to call her an "Egyptian Vulture" in-book, now does it? Likewise, Trevor's specifically a golden mole, but calling him such when he's purple in color just makes for confusion.

This begs the question: if you were to reintroduce Thrash, would his name officially be shortened to "Thrash the Devil?"
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:11 am

Insert ReifuTD Spoiler/FanIdea-question here

A few reasons.

Current theory is that every Regional Egg Boss will have a Freedom Fighting Group to oppose them. We won't meet all of the Freedom Fighting Groups this time because the Freedom Fighters only need to find 7 Temples, but we will see all of the Egg Bosses before Shattered World Crisis is over. Eggmanland isn't headed by an Egg Boss. That much was confirmed by Ian on one of the Eggman's Dozen Threads. So Eggman is essentially the Boss of Eggmanland which means the group opposing him is ... the Freedom Fighters.

Also keeping in mind that this is a game adaption. There is a distinct possibility that Eggmanland will be destroyed before Shattered World Crisis is over and Eggman would inevitably move his base of operations closer to where the Freedom Fighters live. Between Eggmanland already coming under attack by the Nagus Twins and the space being primarily used to harness Dark Gaia's energy that is pretty much a certainty.

Speaking of Eggman's dozen, we're 3 of 4 Solicits into that and have not seen anything close to a resistance there yet. Are there people working towards their own means within Eggman's ranks? Certainly. Are there outright traitors to Eggman? Probably. That doesn't mean they're Freedom Fighters, though. Many vastly different people oppose Eggman for many reasons. He's not that likable of a guy.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby QuantamEdge » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:47 am

I can't be the only one who saw loads of parallels to Control here am I? You have opening of Sonic and gang fighting a big robot, gets helped out by guest characters, plans on infiltrating an Egg Base, turns into Werehog, then gets cornered by Egg Boss. It's almost the same.

That said, I did enjoy it. The Shamar FFs have nice designs, though Trevor really needs to have at least a different shape of purple, since it's quickly becoming an overused colour. Loved Nephthys' design and Adam's art has really improved from his earlier stuff.

Second story was more the star here. While the main story feels like a big story that's been shortened, this feels like a small back up story that's been promoted with more pages and fleshes out things some more. Seeing Clove as cool as a cucumber (sandwich :P ) just makes here stand out so much from all the others in Eggman's ranks, but I kind of lost all sympathy for Cassia after her pulling one massive jerk move. Makes me all the more happy that Bunnie was looking likely of beating her up earlier.
Speaking of which, I have to give Aleah my thanks for being the one to put some spotlight on Bunnie. I've been waiting a while for this to happen.

Oh, and I may have said it before, but thanks again Vin for more concept art. I'm really loving this new addition to the comic.
QuantamEdge
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:04 am

QuantamEdge wrote:I can't be the only one who saw loads of parallels to Control here am I? You have opening of Sonic and gang fighting a big robot, gets helped out by guest characters, plans on infiltrating an Egg Base, turns into Werehog, then gets cornered by Egg Boss. It's almost the same.

This remind me those Dark Gaia corrupted guardian beast things, are they summoned in some special ways? I can't remember where they are all located but I feel like we should have me one by now. Well I know one should be where Dulcy's team is. But I was sure one was in the Arctic but then again I don't think they actually entered the temple there so I guess Ian is being sneaky about this.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Meliden » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:55 am

The Dark Guardian was fought way back in Waves of Change, even though in the games he was where Sonic is now.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby ReifuTD » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:59 am

Meliden wrote:The Dark Guardian was fought way back in Waves of Change, even though in the games he was where Sonic is now.

Oh yeah that was confusing because of the whole under water thing and the comic's caption box said he was commanding Dark Gaia forces not Defending the Temple or something along that longs. I just thought he was one of the larger common game Enemies. Also aren't those Guardian things suppose to get cured of Dark Gaia energy after being defeated?
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby Matt7325 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:30 pm

The Shadow Imperator wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:
diamonddeath wrote:
Ian Flynn wrote:Specifically, Nephthys is an Egyptian Vulture.

Would that make the name Nephthys the Egyptian Vulture or just Nephthys the Vulture the right one?

Since there's no "Egypt" on Mobius, it doesn't make sense to call her an "Egyptian Vulture" in-book, now does it? Likewise, Trevor's specifically a golden mole, but calling him such when he's purple in color just makes for confusion.

This begs the question: if you were to reintroduce Thrash, would his name officially be shortened to "Thrash the Devil?"

I'd doubt it. Vultures and moles are still types of animals, with Egyptian vultures and golden moles being subsets of those. Similarly you don't see Sonic referred to as, for example, a four-toed hedgehog, or Tails as a swift fox. Tasmanian devils on the other hand are actually what the species is - they have relatives but they're mostly marsupial mice. There's no larger "devil" family for them to fall into. Ian's said a number of times that he has a subtle agenda to educate kids on animal species they might not have heard of before (the number of Americans who have never heard of echidnas blows my mind!) so Tassie devils fall right in line with that. Plus "Trash the Devil" would end up with kids believing he's literally some sort of demon, especially if he comes back in an antagonistic role.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:20 pm

I hadn't heard of echidnas before Sonic 3, but I'd heard of tasmanian devils long before that thanks to Looney Toons
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby ReifuTD » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:11 am

Ian could have said White Scavenger Vulture, I can imagine a few creatures are hard to deal with naming and witch you can use take the Pronghorn sisters for example. This is from experience too because I actually have my own Pronghorn OC. A lot of people don't know what a Pronghorn is but more people know what an American Antelope is because most people I've met just call Pronghorn, Antelope.
ReifuTD
BumbleCult

Postby DabigRG » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:32 pm

Uwaaii wrote:
Weeg the Ninji wrote:Am I wrong to assume that Nephthys is an older, maybe even elderly lady? She's got white hair feathers and it looked like her face had some wrinkles, so I kinda got that impression. She'd cover an age range that we don't currently have in the Egg Bosses if so.

I thought of that too. Her appearance and speech gave off that feel. That would explain why she looks taller. I would be disappointed if she wasn't.
Mobotropolis wrote:
Making Moley McMolerson a golden yellow colour would have been perfectly acceptable in my opinion, but then people would probably accuse him of too closely resembling Bark the Bear.

Well, there's a whole spectrum of color out there.

Examples -

The last one was just me using the Triple Threat's Color Pallet. In my head Spike was Red, Sonar was Blue, and Trevor was Yellow. I actually like the cookie-dough colored one (#1) the best. I figured since his hold body couldn't be golden I'd make his belly golden and use a warmer color for the body.

I like the first colored one too. Silver is colored light grey, so I think the first colored one can be considered gold. Actually if you make it lighter his color would be similar to Gold the Tenrec's. Bark is light yellow so this color makes him more a Golden Mole, or even a regular mole without being called a clone. Either way it's better than having three (four?) power-types in different shades of purple.

Mobotropolis, what program did you use to do these Trevor Burrow recolors?

Also, I'm quoting Uwaai for reference purposes...well that and laziness. :p
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby Mavrickindigo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:19 pm

So, what's that encrypted message in the background behind Eggman?
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:19 pm

Mavrickindigo wrote:So, what's that encrypted message in the background behind Eggman?

I'm really surprised, I've only seen one person who got what it was.
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius