Lost Hedgehog Tales

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Lost Hedgehog Tales

Postby Shadowclaw98 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:05 am

Is there a schedule of some sort for releases?

I think, providing nothing happens, it's meant to be every month until February.
Shadowclaw98
BumbleNewbie

Postby squeakyboots13 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:37 am

Lord Seth wrote:Is there a schedule of some sort for releases? It's okay if it takes a while, I'm just wondering about how often we'll be getting new parts.

I believe the plan is to have a new part out every month but the holidays may end up throwing a wrench in that.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby DaddlerTheDalek » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:25 pm

The first chapter of Lost Hedgehog Tales was very interesting to read. I can't wait for more. :)
DaddlerTheDalek
BumbleKnight

Postby syn017 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:35 am

Wow Ian, that first chapter was a good opening to get an understanding of what you had to go through during that time, if I was in your shoes at that point, I would of gone mad. But you somehow pulled it off. Interesting how you were planning to kill off Antione but we, the fans, saved him from that fate. Kinda glad he's still around now that I think about it. I think if he did end up dying it would of thrown the whole team dynamic off some with the Freedom Fighters, but that's me.

I'm looking forward to what'you reveal next in the 2nd installment
syn017
BumbleNewbie

Postby Xabin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:33 pm

I haven't read the first chapter, but I do know that Rotor wasn't one of Ian's favorite characters, and he tried to sideline or get rid of him entirely before issue 215 and 216 made the fans force him to keep the guy around. Did the first chapter have any mention on what plans he had for getting rid of Rotor, or what he was going to do to keep him around, if he was forced to do so by the higher-ups?
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Ryannumber1gamer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Xabin wrote:I haven't read the first chapter, but I do know that Rotor wasn't one of Ian's favorite characters, and he tried to sideline or get rid of him entirely before issue 215 and 216 made the fans force him to keep the guy around. Did the first chapter have any mention on what plans he had for getting rid of Rotor, or what he was going to do to keep him around, if he was forced to do so by the higher-ups?

No, the plans are about the original version of #225, Genesis, the background events surrounding it, and his plan to kill off Antoine.
Ryannumber1gamer
BumbleNoble

Postby Xabin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:57 pm

I see. Well, at the very least, we'll see what was actually meant to happen in Endangered Species. I want to know if Lien-Da and Dimitri have an epic confrontation or not.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mobotropolis » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:03 pm

Did the first chapter have any mention on what plans he had for getting rid of Rotor, or what he was going to do to keep him around, if he was forced to do so by the higher-ups?

Ian put Rotor on the Council. That was semi-retiring him.

When fans showed a strong response to him being Iron Rotor he brought him out of retirement to lead Team Freedom.

I don't think it was a matter of Ian not liking the character. Rotor was a character who's role in the early stages of the comic was useful, but became less useful as the world around him evolved. Tails who is a SegaSonic darling becoming a competent inventor put a dent in his importance, then Chuck who was a superior inventor came back into the fold as a good guy, and now he doesn't even have the computer-hacking thing because Nicole evolved as a character.

After all that there wasn't much left for Rotor. Putting him on the Council was a way to give him something to do and keep him relevant, I think. He'd show up every so often and is still helping the Freedom Fighters by voting in their favor. Even when he came out of retirement he didn't return to the Freedom Fighters. He made his own Team and acted as a leader with his intelligence and knowledge of the field. That worked for him.

... and then he got all that taken away from him. :|
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby akessel92 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:43 am

Mobotropolis wrote:
Did the first chapter have any mention on what plans he had for getting rid of Rotor, or what he was going to do to keep him around, if he was forced to do so by the higher-ups?

Ian put Rotor on the Council. That was semi-retiring him.

When fans showed a strong response to him being Iron Rotor he brought him out of retirement to lead Team Freedom.

I don't think it was a matter of Ian not liking the character. Rotor was a character who's role in the early stages of the comic was useful, but became less useful as the world around him evolved. Tails who is a SegaSonic darling becoming a competent inventor put a dent in his importance, then Chuck who was a superior inventor came back into the fold as a good guy, and now he doesn't even have the computer-hacking thing because Nicole evolved as a character.

After all that there wasn't much left for Rotor. Putting him on the Council was a way to give him something to do and keep him relevant, I think. He'd show up every so often and is still helping the Freedom Fighters by voting in their favor. Even when he came out of retirement he didn't return to the Freedom Fighters. He made his own Team and acted as a leader with his intelligence and knowledge of the field. That worked for him.

... and then he got all that taken away from him. :|

And so far has been replaced with being a mechanic mind. Now granted tails may have that role but they do collaborate on projects have a contrast between one another.
akessel92
BumbleNoble

Postby disneydork57 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Wow! I almost gave up hope of ever seeing this come out. I'm glad it's up and I look forward to the other chapters.

As for Antoine dying.... I'm of two minds. First I think it could have been a fantastic capstone to his character arc and been a launching point for further stories and character development of other characters. On the other hand Ant is my all time favorite Sonic character and just seeing him injured was enough to completely break my heart. (but in a good way) I'm not sure how I would have handled him being gone for good.

As for Bunnie, I agree she would go to her uncle for comfort during her grief. But I hate, hate, hate the idea of her becoming a cyborg again. To me it just screams character regression rather than development. Bunnie apparently was having identity issues and self esteem issues from being flesh again and instead of working through them and accepting herself no matter what, she has to become a walking gun again to validate herself. :x
disneydork57
BumbleNewbie

Postby Alset » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:11 pm

disneydork57 wrote:As for Bunnie, I agree she would go to her uncle for comfort during her grief. But I hate, hate, hate the idea of her becoming a cyborg again. To me it just screams character regression rather than development. Bunnie apparently was having identity issues and self esteem issues from being flesh again and instead of working through them and accepting herself no matter what, she has to become a walking gun again to validate herself. :x

Except...Bunnie had identity issues and self-esteem from being a cyborg, not flesh. That was always her main arc. Isnt that other way around? That she would become cyborg again and then work to accept herself as literal rabbot?
Alset
BumbleNewbie

Postby WiNTER BELLS » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:31 pm

Bunnie was a cyborg for a good chunk of what were perhaps (I've no real evidence to back this up) the best moments in her life. Considering how young she is, I can certainly see her viewing her curse as a gift in the retrospect.
WiNTER BELLS
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:58 pm

might be worth noting that there are real people for whom accepting their "natural" body is not possible for a variety of reasons
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby GentlemanX » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:26 pm

I can't post a link right now, but Ian updated the main page. Chapter 2's delayed but he hopes to get it out before Christmas.
GentlemanX
BumbleNoble

Postby Scruffy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:35 pm

GentlemanX wrote:I can't post a link right now, but Ian updated the main page. Chapter 2's delayed but he hopes to get it out before Christmas.

Allow me to save you the trouble. Bam.
Scruffy
BumbleClan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius