StH#281/SU#84/SCS Covers and Solicits

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: StH#281/SU#84/SCS Covers and Solicits

Postby Mavrickindigo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:18 am

And what sinister secret is Dr. Eggman using to keep them in line?

Please say it isn't something as pedestrian as they have a bomb in their head
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:31 am

Who is Tralius, and how do we know there are only two seas? Unless this is just so far.

First part is the name (or my nickname in the case of the last three). Second part is the location.

Tralius is presumably Austrailia/New Downunda.

In the last thread I made a guess and Ian corrected it by confirming/deconfirming some things. He was the one who added two seas with separate Egg Bosses. The sea is technically the biggest region, so it makes sense for there to be two Egg Bosses and North/South is the easiest way to divide that.

There might be more but I don't see the point of them hiding that. I figure #12 will be somewhat special.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Xeric » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:27 am

Mavrickindigo wrote:
And what sinister secret is Dr. Eggman using to keep them in line?

Please say it isn't something as pedestrian as they have a bomb in their head

I'm assuming it's to do with what Axel said in an earlier issue about Eggman possibly getting the robotisizer to work again.
Xeric
BumbleKnight

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:38 am

That, or he realized there are places you can plant bombs with an increase in suffering while the subject remains alive to regret it.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:40 am

LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:As long as they're not the (Adjective) Freedom Fighters, I'm fine with more teams. Ugh, I hope they're not called the Chun-Nan Freedom Fighters. Something like
Spoiler: show
Draconix
would be better, if they're all dragon-related somehow.

Swapping one cliche naming convention for another wouldn't be any better. In fact, in the reboot, it'd be far more nonsensical because not only is the use of that convention far more limited, it's limited to a very small detective agency, not another Freedom Fighter team. And them being dragons wouldn't be any better for it; the NA game manual had Heavy and Bomb as the Mechanix, so the convention doesn't denote species.

Just go with something original not tied to any established naming convention.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Tikikata » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am

I can't believe that's Dulcy! She looks so cool! And we finally get to see Chun-nan in the comics! I've been looking forward to this for a while. Can't wait to see what's in store!
Tikikata
BumbleNewbie

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:59 am

Are there really that many Freedom Fighters? There's like four teams right? Also why is it so bad that in a war multiple teams would form to fight an enemy?

Anyway these look pretty good. I like Dulcy's design she looks pretty Dragony to me and I really wasn't expecting Conquering Storm. I wonder if Monkey Kahn still exists?
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:21 am

SonicBlueRanger wrote:Are there really that many Freedom Fighters? There's like four teams right? Also why is it so bad that in a war multiple teams would form to fight an enemy?

In the old continuity, we had the Sandblasters, the Downunda, the Mercian, the Arctic, the Dragon ones, the regular ones, the substitute ones, the Chaotix counted as one, the Forty Fathoms, and that's only ones that were active in the present, not alternate times, dimensions, the Wolf Pack, the Nerbs, ones we never saw or ones made up of other FFs (Secret Freedom Fighters).

In the new continuity, we just have the FFs, the ones in Shamar, Dulcy's team and possibly Bow's gang.

SonicBlueRanger wrote:I wonder if Monkey Kahn still exists?

He's owned by Frank Strom.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby LBD_Nytetrayn » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:27 am

Meliden wrote:
LBD_Nytetrayn wrote:As long as they're not the (Adjective) Freedom Fighters, I'm fine with more teams. Ugh, I hope they're not called the Chun-Nan Freedom Fighters. Something like
Draconix
would be better, if they're all dragon-related somehow.

Swapping one cliche naming convention for another wouldn't be any better. In fact, in the reboot, it'd be far more nonsensical because not only is the use of that convention far more limited, it's limited to a very small detective agency, not another Freedom Fighter team. And them being dragons wouldn't be any better for it; the NA game manual had Heavy and Bomb as the Mechanix, so the convention doesn't denote species.

Just go with something original not tied to any established naming convention.

I'm fine with that, but I thought there was at least one other lot using it?

Anyway, I did say if it was all-dragons; I just like the name.

--LBD "Nytetrayn"
LBD_Nytetrayn
BumbleElite

Postby Meliden » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:50 am

That was the Destructix, in the old continuity. They were basically the anti-Chaotix back when they were a notable Freedom Fighter group, so it at least made some amount of sense.

Unless you're talking about StC's Metallix, but that wasn't named for Chaotix theming since the first appearance of that predated the game by nearly a year.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby dantemustdie00 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Dulcy seems to went from the chubby Western Dragon look to a more slim eastern Dragon look, which is fitting being this is Chun nan and all.

Her design reminds me of Breath of Fire 3's Garr and the Dragon Laguz in the Tellius Fire Emblem games, anthromorphic looking Dragons who stand up on 2 legs, using the front as arms.
dantemustdie00
BumbleNoble

Postby The KKM » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:40 pm

If the justification for thinning her does end up being "chinese dragon (hearty laughter)" I'll be so salty that she doesn't actually look like a chinese dragon
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Probably thinned her out so she wouldn't look like something out of freaking Dragon Tales.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby ChaosJam » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:54 pm

The KKM wrote:If the justification for thinning her does end up being "chinese dragon (hearty laughter)" I'll be so salty that she doesn't actually look like a chinese dragon

You're pretty salty already over these newest previews so what's one more gripe.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing this new direction for Dulcy. In reality, she hasn't done much in years and I am just happy she is going to be worked on again. Her last real story was that horrible "black ring" fiasco that proved the comic was broken and in need of a fix. She hasn't made an appearance I think since #176 so let's just be happy she wasn't tossed aside. I like she has been shrunk down a bit though I have a feeling she may still be taller than the average mobian. It's an extreme change but I welcome it.
Also "Eggman's Dozen" is shaping up to be a great redo of "Scrambled". Last time, we were just introduced to his Egg Bosses, now it looks like they will all be in action for the main story. Wonder if any of them is going to be trying to take a stab at Eggman in the confusion of the Naugus Twins' attack?
ChaosJam
BumbleNoble

Postby Ian PK » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Is no one gonna mention the Dark Egg Legionnaire in the top right of the SU cover?
Ian PK
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius