Creepy foreshadowings/Other weird things in Archie Sonic

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Creepy foreshadowings/Other weird things in Archie Sonic

Postby Duck Army » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:47 am

In Sonic 168 story "Hedgehog Day" Sonic hears Mina's new song, Soldier Boy.
That issue was published in October 2006.
In May 2007, Souljia Boy became a huge hit.
Strange, isn't it?
Post other creepy and or weird things in Archie Sonic hear.
Duck Army
BumbleFan

Re: Creepy foreshadowings/Other weird things in Archie Sonic

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:53 am

Duck Army wrote:In Sonic 168 story "Hedgehog Day" Sonic hears Mina's new song, Soldier Boy.
That issue was published in October 2006.
In May 2007, Souljia Boy became a huge hit.
Strange, isn't it?
Post other creepy and or weird things in Archie Sonic hear.

I don't think it's that strange, more of an amusing coincidence. On top of that the two songs are using the term in a different context, one in the context of a stage name, and the other in a different context (I wouldn't know exactly what I haven't read that one in a while)
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:21 pm

You want to know an even creepier coincedence? I was thinking about "soujia boy" right before clicking on this thread
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mordum » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Lil B is the swag rapper for the discerning enthusiast.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby TheFatPanda » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:23 pm

If I remember correctly, subscribers started receiving their copies of #244 (where the lawsuit edits officially sent the comic to @#$%) on December 21st 2012.

The mayens said the world would end. Seems they just didn't specify which world...
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Meliden » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:39 pm

December 23rd actually. Close but not quite.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:43 pm

I guess this would count as a kind of funny thing...

Waaaaay back, the earliest concepts for Cassia and Clove (as in before even their names were settled) had them as badgers. The thing was, we knew of Sticks at this point, insofar as her name and some basic details, but not her species. We found out she was a badger not too long AFTER Cassia and Clove were changed, but it still felt like a bit of a dodged bullet. :P
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:48 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:If I remember correctly, subscribers started receiving their copies of #244 (where the lawsuit edits officially sent the comic to @#$%) on December 21st 2012.

The mayens said the world would end. Seems they just didn't specify which world...

that date is actually based on a complete misinterpretation of the mayan calendar :P
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Spin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:55 pm

An amusing coincidence was the cover of the #217 issue. Considering that Ian writes his comics months to a year in advance, the BP oil spill that happened in April in 2010. And six months later, we had this cover.

Spin
BumbleClan

Postby DabigRG » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:I guess this would count as a kind of funny thing...

Waaaaay back, the earliest concepts for Cassia and Clove (as in before even their names were settled) had them as badgers. The thing was, we knew of Sticks at this point, insofar as her name and some basic details, but not her species. We found out she was a badger not too long AFTER Cassia and Clove were changed, but it still felt like a bit of a dodged bullet. :P

That is hilarious. :(hearty laughter):
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:28 pm

Meliden wrote:December 23rd actually. Close but not quite.

Nope. It was on the exact day.
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby Azul » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Sonic 06 came out in 2006. 06/06/06 is the year of the Devil. Six rhymes with tricks. During E3, SEGA tricks the world into to thinking '06 is a perfectly playable game. '06 comes out the end of the year a broken, laughable mess of a game because SEGA Sonic rushed the development. Silly SEGA, Trix are for kids. The Trix Rabbit is a rabbit. Cream the Rabbit is also a rabbit. Cream the Rabbit did '06. Trix rhymes with Sticks. Sticks rhymes with Ricks. '06 is an elaborate plot by the Council of Ricks to serve as a meta-commentary on the downside of speeding up the development of games just to get the on shelves in time for the holiday season for monies at the expense of a reputation of one of the most beloved fictional characters of all time who ironically has games that practically encourage speeding as a goal. Moral of the story, Ricks are pricks. Obama.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:50 pm

Azul wrote:Sonic 06 came out in 2006. 06/06/06 is the year of the Devil. Six rhymes with tricks. During E3, SEGA tricks the world into to thinking '06 is a perfectly playable game. '06 comes out the end of the year a broken, laughable mess of a game because SEGA Sonic rushed the development. Silly SEGA, Trix are for kids. The Trix Rabbit is a rabbit. Cream the Rabbit is also a rabbit. Cream the Rabbit did '06. Trix rhymes with Sticks. Sticks rhymes with Ricks. '06 is an elaborate plot by the Council of Ricks to serve as a meta-commentary on the downside of speeding up the development of games just to get the on shelves in time for the holiday season for monies at the expense of a reputation of one of the most beloved fictional characters of all time who ironically has games that practically encourage speeding as a goal. Moral of the story, Ricks are pricks. Obama.

Why I didn't noticed that before :shock:
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby TheFatPanda » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Dunno if it really counts, but I always found it funny how when the Genesis saga was coming up, fans became terrified that the comic was being rebooted, and then that's exactly what happened two years later.

I keep thinking of it like a countdown to an explosion that gets delayed.

"5...4...3...2...1... ... ... ...huh, I guess I was worrying for nothing after-*KABOOM*"
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Mordum » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Azul wrote:Sonic 06 came out in 2006. 06/06/06 is the year of the Devil. Six rhymes with tricks. During E3, SEGA tricks the world into to thinking '06 is a perfectly playable game. '06 comes out the end of the year a broken, laughable mess of a game because SEGA Sonic rushed the development. Silly SEGA, Trix are for kids. The Trix Rabbit is a rabbit. Cream the Rabbit is also a rabbit. Cream the Rabbit did '06. Trix rhymes with Sticks. Sticks rhymes with Ricks. '06 is an elaborate plot by the Council of Ricks to serve as a meta-commentary on the downside of speeding up the development of games just to get the on shelves in time for the holiday season for monies at the expense of a reputation of one of the most beloved fictional characters of all time who ironically has games that practically encourage speeding as a goal. Moral of the story, Ricks are pricks. Obama.

Don't be Rickdiculous, Morty.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius