Sonic's 25th Could Possibly Feature Other Properties?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Sonic's 25th Could Possibly Feature Other Properties?

Postby Betz! » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Remember these?
>Sonic Team working on 25th Anniversary game, internal title is just "Sega Sonic 25", but this has recently been changed to "Digital Sonic 25"

>Game is a "Celebration of Sega as a whole", which is basically Sonic Generations 2 without the boost stuff and has Sonic going through worlds from Segas past a bit like SASRT

>There's a couple of side projects

>3/4s of the Lost World team is working on Digital Sonic 25, but the team itself is much larger, taking notes from lots of figureheads from Segas past, there's a number of others working on 2 other projects

>"Sonic Runners" is a mobile game with a bit of pay2win in there, I haven't worked on it personally, but from what I've heard they're going for addictive fast paced platforming

>There's an exclusive Wii U title that's currently on hold as Sega have shifted the team to working on Digital Sonic 25 as they want it finished by this year to be polished for the anniversary

>The exclusive Wii U title is just an extended port of Generations and Colors, billed as "Sonic Colors Generation", with a bunch of extra missions and stuff. The core game is for the most part the same, warts and all

The story is pretty flimsy.

>Eggman kidnaps Tails
>Sonic goes through a Green Hill Zone level to get to Eggman
>Gets kidnapped himself
>Gets thrown in to a Digital world created by Eggman with the rule that he's "trapped forever" unless he can break the program
>Has to go through (so far) 11 worlds from the likes of Shinobi, Phantasy Star, all the token Master System/Genesis games finding a way to break the program
>Eventually gets free with the power of some kind of digital chaos emeralds and breaks the program
>Fights Eggman in Eggman Land, which he's rebuilt in Sonics absence

It's Segas 25th anniversary game, not Sonics

Maybe it wasn't wrong. Sega definitely wants to do something with these properties, is this it?
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Re: Sonic's 25th Could Possibly Feature Other Properties?

Postby Unknownshadow675 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:52 pm

I'd be fine with this. I just want another great game. With multiple playable characters since the whole Sonic only thing is starting to lose it's likeableness.
Unknownshadow675
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm sorry, can you walk me through the relation of these two? I just can't see how they're connected.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Betz! » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:04 pm

Penguin God wrote:I'm sorry, can you walk me through the relation of these two? I just can't see how they're connected.

The first quote thing is just there to be background info. Just focus on the "celebration of Sega as a whole" part. That's really all that matters in the first quote.
Betz!
BumbleKnight

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:00 pm

I dunno, Sonic Generations without the boosts made by the Lost World team? Lost world was fun to play through, but I have no inclination t go and play through it again. I actually want to play Generations again, but my 3d monitor I bought doesn't seem to work with it. Not sure why, though. Works with other games.
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:34 pm

I'd say that dumping Generations's gameplay would be the stupidest move Sega could possibly think of, but deep down I know that's just not true. Seriously though, WHY? A huge portion of the fanbase doesn't care for Lost World. And I thought the only reason Lost World DIDN'T have Generations gameplay was because the Wii U just couldn't handle it.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mavrickindigo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:56 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:I'd say that dumping Generations's gameplay would be the stupidest move Sega could possibly think of, but deep down I know that's just not true. Seriously though, WHY? A huge portion of the fanbase doesn't care for Lost World. And I thought the only reason Lost World DIDN'T have Generations gameplay was because the Wii U just couldn't handle it.

DOn't see how the Wii U couldn't handle it, when its basically about on par with the 360 and ps3
Mavrickindigo
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:38 pm

So ... since they found semi-success with Generations they're going to milk the formula for all its worth?

It seems their partnership with Nintendo has taught them well. :roll:

Generations was fun, but also felt like " Hey look at how great we once were! " I'd feel the same way about what is effectively a sequel that showcases many franchises which have not had activity in years and probably won't due to Sega's new direction.

But still. Weak story involving just Sonic, Tails, and Eggman and a Crossover? Could be.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:55 pm

That sounds absolutely terrible.
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:03 pm

I'd love to see the reasoning why Eggman builds Eggman Land, and nobody decides to do anything about it.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Matt7325 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:38 pm

I love the old Sega franchises but I wish Sega would do something new with them or let them rest. I don't want Streets of Rage in a Sonic game, I want a new Streets of Rage game.
Matt7325
BumbleKnight

Postby Shadowthehedgehog » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:18 am

Hey, Generations was actually fun, so I'm not too upset.

Story is pants tho, but that's par for the course at this point.
Shadowthehedgehog
BumbleKnight

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:42 am

BlazeHeatnix wrote:I'd love to see the reasoning why Eggman builds Eggman Land, and nobody decides to do anything about it.

I'd wager it probably follows the same reasoning, or lack thereof, that nobody did anything about his space amusement park with alien planets tethered to it. Intelligence seems to be in short supply on Sonic's world.

"An evil plan? I dunno."

--Tails
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby squeakyboots13 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:03 am

Having Sonic visit the worlds of other Sega franchises is a stupid idea for an anniversary game. Like if this were for the anniversary of Sega as a whole, then sure but this is supposed to be Sonic's year. A celebration of Sonic shouldn't shoehorn in a bunch of other franchises that are no longer relevant. That wouldn't make any sense. And we've had games that crossed Sonic over with other Sega franchises before so that novelty wouldn't exactly be a new one.

It would be cool if they did something like that as bonus levels or DLC but not the main selling point of a game or at least Sonic's 25th anniversary game.
squeakyboots13
BumbleCult

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:08 am

I'd wager this is SEGA's attempt to breath some interest into their other franchises instead of relying on Sonic so much, which is severely hurting their bottom line.
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Next

Return to This Side of Mobius