STH#277 Spoilers & Discussion

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: STH#277 Spoilers & Discussion

Postby Meliden » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:38 am

There's a good chance that Clove's are cybernetic.
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Kureejii Lea » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Both characters are cyborgs, and there's about a four or five year age difference between the two (I'd have to check notes -- I wonder if we can just throw all the character ages out there sometime).
Kureejii Lea
BumbleKween

Postby Sparky » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Kureejii Lea wrote:Both characters are cyborgs, and there's about a four or five year age difference between the two (I'd have to check notes -- I wonder if we can just throw all the character ages out there sometime).

I've been wondering how old the freedom fighters are since the new continuity started.
Sparky
BumbleNoble

Postby The Swordsman » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:57 pm

This issue is great I loved the art, the call backs to Sonic SatAM and Lupe and the rest of the wolves redesigns! :D However I feel we lost something unique by making Lupe younger, previously she was a mother and the chief of the Wolf pack Nation. Now her backstory is that her father died, which while tragic, has been done before in this comic and other media over and over.
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby TurboTailz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:16 pm

The Swordsman wrote:This issue is great I loved the art, the call backs to Sonic SatAM and Lupe and the rest of the wolves redesigns! :D However I feel we lost something unique by making Lupe younger, previously she was a mother and the chief of the Wolf pack Nation.

I guess it'll make her relevant to the stories now than be occupied like her old self.

The Swordsman wrote:Now her backstory is that her father died, which while tragic, has been done before in this comic and other media over and over.

Meh, but that rage though :P. It was cool :). It actually made me think how did Sally react when she was in a similar situation. Did she berserk or remained calm? Lupe could actually be a rage fighter if she's trigger by emotions if one of her friends are in danger. She might not hesitate to kill to make sure those painful memories won't reoccur, but that's another story for another time :wink: .
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:10 pm

There's a good chance that Clove's are cybernetic.

Ah. They're limb enhancers. :P

I guess it'll make her relevant to the stories now than be occupied like her old self.

But Bunnie and Antoine are still married ...

Well, I don't think she was married with kids in SatAM so I can sort of get with that.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby DoNotDelete » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:43 am

Kureejii Lea wrote:Both characters are cyborgs, and there's about a four or five year age difference between the two (I'd have to check notes -- I wonder if we can just throw all the character ages out there sometime).

That kind of age gap makes the difference in their appearance more understandable.

The editor/design notes are always interesting to see - perhaps Vincent could give us a lowdown of the various characters' ages in a forthcoming issue?
DoNotDelete
BumbleCitizen

Postby TurboTailz » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:10 am

Mobotropolis wrote:But Bunnie and Antoine are still married ...

Well, I don't think she was married with kids in SatAM so I can sort of get with that.

The difference between those two marriages is that Antoine and Bunnie are part of the main character's faction so they'll always be relevant to the story. Even in the pre reboot stories it was still the same.
TurboTailz
BumbleNoble

Postby Mobotropolis » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:56 pm

I was just making an observation.

Seemed strange that Lupe was brought back in line with her SatAM self in that aspect and Bunnie and Antoine weren't.

The reasoning behind it doesn't really matter for bitter ol' me. :P
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby FritzyBeat » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:58 pm

Saw this issue on the rack at my local comic shop, so I gave it a look through.

Don't know much about the first story, cool that Lupe is back. The second story though I thought looked pretty neat. The new characters were neat, and I am really interested in that one nearly fully cybernetic one (forget her name, starts with a C ;P). She seems like a fun character~

Also, I am totally that one Legionnaire. I will never get the triple S rank *shot*
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicWindAttack » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:47 pm

FritzyBeat wrote:Saw this issue on the rack at my local comic shop, so I gave it a look through.

Don't know much about the first story, cool that Lupe is back. The second story though I thought looked pretty neat. The new characters were neat, and I am really interested in that one nearly fully cybernetic one (forget her name, starts with a C ;P). She seems like a fun character~

Also, I am totally that one Legionnaire. I will never get the triple S rank *shot*

Maybe you should specify that you actually bought the issue, and didn't just skim through it at the shop. The mods tend to get testy if you imply that you read an issue without paying for it.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:04 am

SonicWindAttack wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:Saw this issue on the rack at my local comic shop, so I gave it a look through.

Maybe you should specify that you actually bought the issue, and didn't just skim through it at the shop. The mods tend to get testy if you imply that you read an issue without paying for it.

I'm pretty sure Fritzy's said in other threads that they aren't currently buying the comic, so it's entirely possible that's what they did
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby The Swordsman » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:10 pm

TurboTailz wrote:
The Swordsman wrote:This issue is great I loved the art, the call backs to Sonic SatAM and Lupe and the rest of the wolves redesigns! :D However I feel we lost something unique by making Lupe younger, previously she was a mother and the chief of the Wolf pack Nation.

The Swordsman wrote:Now her backstory is that her father died, which while tragic, has been done before in this comic and other media over and over.

Meh, but that rage though :P. It was cool :). It actually made me think how did Sally react when she was in a similar situation. Did she berserk or remained calm? Lupe could actually be a rage fighter if she's trigger by emotions if one of her friends are in danger. She might not hesitate to kill to make sure those painful memories won't reoccur, but that's another story for another time :wink: .

Yeah, Lupe's rage was awesome. :)
The Swordsman
BumbleCitizen

Location: Somewhere fighting the Eggman Empire for the United Federation.

Postby FritzyBeat » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:45 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:
SonicWindAttack wrote:

I'm pretty sure Fritzy's said in other threads that they aren't currently buying the comic, so it's entirely possible that's what they did

FritzyBeat wrote:Don't know much about the first story

That should clear it up *shot* XP

Naw I didn't read the whole thing, I mostly just skimmed through it and read bits of a couple pages here and there. Am I not allowed to look through a comic to see if I want to buy it before purchasing it? =P Silly silly SonicWindAattack, this is how you decide if you want to buy something or not~ X333
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby SonicWindAttack » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:45 pm

FritzyBeat wrote:
Mr.Unsmiley wrote:
SonicWindAttack wrote:

FritzyBeat wrote:Don't know much about the first story

That should clear it up *shot* XP

Naw I didn't read the whole thing, I mostly just skimmed through it and read bits of a couple pages here and there. Am I not allowed to look through a comic to see if I want to buy it before purchasing it? =P Silly silly SonicWindAattack, this is how you decide if you want to buy something or not~ X333

It personally doesn't matter to me, I was just trying to give a friendly warning. I don't know how lenient the mods are when it comes to looking through unpaid issues.
SonicWindAttack
BumbleFan

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius