Eggman no longer a mad scientist?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Eggman no longer a mad scientist?

Postby Azul » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:33 pm

The Shadow Imperator wrote:"Tangentially" was poor word choice. I already read it, and I'm still struggling to understand your insistence that this topic pertaining to some ridiculous incident on some college campus is suitable for a Sonic discussion board.

Well, the question is "Based on this article, will there be an issue as to whether or not it is appropriate to call Eggman a mad scientist anymore?" Because what if eventually, this issue of political correctness affects things like the description of fictional characters, more specifically the resident evil crack pot? I don't know what else to tell you.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby sonicray » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:32 pm

The Shadow Imperator wrote:I came here hoping to see more than right-wing bellyaching, but considering who posted it I shouldn't have been surprised.

So why is this on the Sonic board, again?

For someone who's only been here for only a few months, I don't think it's fair to assume anything about me, I'm not going to question weather you even read or play the sonic games, what I'm concern about is the future of our favorite comic books / video games, if Sega and or Archie comics would have to censor it self just because someone doesn't have thick skin, and its not like Archie comics follow the Comics Code Authority anymore.
sonicray
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:38 pm

sonicray wrote:
The Shadow Imperator wrote:I came here hoping to see more than right-wing bellyaching, but considering who posted it I shouldn't have been surprised.

So why is this on the Sonic board, again?

For someone who's only been here for only a few months, I don't think it's fair to assume anything about me, I'm not going to question weather you even read or play the sonic games, what I'm concern about is the future of our favorite comic books / video games, if Sega and or Archie comics would have to censor it self just because someone doesn't have thick skin, and its not like Archie comics follow the Comics Code Authority anymore.

This is just a new account. I've been around here for nearly five years.
Last edited by The Shadow Imperator on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby Penguin God » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:20 am

This article is about a student government deciding what's an appropriate party name. Aside from it having to do with "PC Police," which means it must obviously be related to everything on the Internet, there is approximately zero chance it will have any effect on the comic or the games ever.
Penguin God
BumbleCult

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:31 am

Penguin God wrote:This article is about a student government deciding what's an appropriate party name. Aside from it having to do with "PC Police," which means it must obviously be related to everything on the Internet, there is approximately zero chance it will have any effect on the comic or the games ever.

and even then, it didnt stop them from using the name they wanted to in the first place. the event in this article affects literally nothing at all. it's scaremongering that can only be connected to this franchise by such a stretch that Mr. Fantastic wouldnt be able to reach it
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius