How do you picture Archie character's voices sounding like?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: How do you picture Archie character's voices sounding li

Postby Mordum » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Unknownshadow675 wrote:I've always pictured Eclipse with the voice of Hulk Hogan.

I like you.
Mordum
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:34 pm

I imagine Eclipse having the voice of Kirk Thornton myself but more like his Siax voice than his Shadow voice.

For some reason, even though I know he's Australian, Geoffrey St. John will always be Paul McGann to me.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby disneydork57 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:23 pm

I will always hear Kevin Michael Richardson's voice when ever I read a line said by Vector.

Most of the satam cast have their original VA's but lately I hear Elizabeth Daily's Mockingbird in my head whenever I read Bunnie's lines. She sounds very similar to Christine Cavanaugh's Bunnie only slightly older sounding.

Knuckles always sounds like Michael Reisz to me in my head.

Sonic switches between Jaleel White and Jason Griffith depending on which era of the comic I'm reading.

And then I often have Will Friedle as Mighty, Frank Welker as Bean, Jason Marsden as Elias, and Tristan Rogers as Gefferofy St. John.
disneydork57
BumbleNewbie

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Isn't Mighty English though?
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Azul » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 pm

disneydork57 wrote:And then I often have Will Friedle as Mighty, Frank Welker as Bean, Jason Marsden as Elias, and Tristan Rogers as Gefferofy St. John.

Holy crack for a snack, what an all-star line up.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby FritzyBeat » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:47 pm

As much as I find Espio's Sonic Heroes voice super nostalgic, and always think of that voice when I think of SEGA Espio... I certainly never thought of it as his Archie voice.

He was always too kind and understanding in the comics to sound like he does in the games XD I'm not sure what I imagined it as sounding like, but probably less ninja-y than it should be~ :3
FritzyBeat
BumbleClan

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:05 am

Like many people have been posting, I too hear specific voices when reading the Comics. Here's a list of some characters that I can give examples of just using the books that are near me. (All the Knuckles Archives, Issue 275, Boom 11, and Knuckles 28)
DUAL UNIVERSE CHARACTERS
Sonic- Always, Always, Always sounds like Edward Elric in my head. I don't know why, maybe it's because he captures the confidence in his voice that I envision Sonic says everything with.
Tails- Sounds Like Alphonse Elric to me because you can't have Ed without Al, in seriousness it's because both Maxey Whitehead, and Aaron Dismuke did well in portraying admiration, eagerness, and betrayal, things Tails goes through on a daily basis (With the exception of the last one)
Knuckles- Scott McNiel's Tahu. He's my favorite character, Scott is my favorite actor, Tahu was hot headed and very much bound to his duty like Knuckles, and he climbed a wall at one point. 10 outta 10 Best Match!
Amy Rose- Kira Vincent-Davis Kokoa Shuzen. Rosy is the main reason on this one, and once I started reading it like that, I couldn't stop.
Vector- Seth Rogen B.O.B. I Don't Know...
Espio- Current Actor. Boring I know, but I can't get "NINJA ARTS CAMOUFLAGE!" Out of my head.
Charmy- Brina Palencia Chopper. Just alter the levels of annoying, throw in bitterness and distaste to the STC version's constant rhyming, and you get one annoying Charmy Bee, just like in Shadow the Hedgehog. XD
Sally Acorn- Rachel Weisz Saphira. I do not know why, I really do not know how, and I also do not know when I started to give Sally this voice, but now I cannot stop.
King Acorn- Tim Curry King Acorn. Obvious Reasons are Obvious. XD
Bunnie- There is no actual actor I call on when reading her, it's just a voice my mind makes up really.
Antoine- Fluctuates between Rob Paulson's Ant and one my mind made up, usually Rob's though.
Rotor- Usually the voice he had in the pilot of SatAM, sometimes Bill Farmer's Goofy for some reason.
Cream- Usually skipped over.
Big- Jon St. John Big. Because Original Big is Best Big, and Big is Best Big.
Uncle Chuck- Yosemite Sam. Because Mustache, and probably nothing else.
Sticks- Nikka Futterman Sticks. Because I don't really have enough experience with the character to form my own voice for her.
Dr. Eggman- Mike Pollok Eggman, Deem Bristow Robotnik/Eggman, or Jim Cummings Robotnik, it various from issue to issue, and depending on the scenario. For Example, Boom is always Mike, Vile Murderer is always Jim, and Pontificating and Gloating is always Deem.
Shadow- David Humphrey Shadow. I always thought that voice suited Shadow's original character well, and it made me enjoy him in SA2 and Heroes. (Though he is on my least favorite characters list)
Rouge- Stephanie Young Nico Robin. Calm, Alluring, and dripping with hints of seduction when need be, this voice is perfect for reading the Mysterious Jewel Theif known only as, Rouge.
Omega- Jon St. John Omega. Same reason as Big, only with Omega.
Tikal- Voice I made up in my head.
Chaos- Various Water Bubbling Noises with subtitles on the bottom screen.
PRE-BOOT CHARACTERS:
Julie-Su- Kari Wahlgren Tigress. Stern, Proud, Angry when Pushed, the voice is what comes to mind.
Lien-Da- Voice I made up
POST-BOOT CHARACTERS:
Relic- Voice I made up
Fixit- Pokedex Voice from Season 1. Informative and blunt.
Eclipse- Corrupted Version of Jason Griffith Shadow. For Drama.
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby DabigRG » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:16 pm

therealfalconpawnch7 wrote:Uncle Chuck- Yosemite Sam. Because Mustache, and probably nothing else.

So, Maurice Lamarche? Which is funny cause he did play Chuck in Underground.
Also, I can't believe I never made that connection with Fixit!
DabigRG
BumbleNoble

Postby therealfalconpawnch7 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:25 pm

DabigRG wrote:
therealfalconpawnch7 wrote:Uncle Chuck- Yosemite Sam. Because Mustache, and probably nothing else.

So, Maurice Lamarche? Which is funny cause he did play Chuck in Underground.
Also, I can't believe I never made that connection with Fixit!

More Mel Blanc, since that's the Sam I grew up with.
therealfalconpawnch7
BumbleKnight

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:09 pm

disneydork57 wrote:Frank Welker as Bean

that seems like an odd choice, I realize Frank has a decent range, but most of the voices I associate with him (Megatron, Fred from Scooby Doo, Nibbler's deep voice [and also his gibbering animal voice]) don't sound anything like I picture Bean. The only one I could think of that sorta fits would be Rumble and even then I've never thought of Bean with a New York accent
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Duck Army » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:12 am

I'd actually picture Mina sounding like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pMMIe4hb4
Duck Army
BumbleFan

Postby linebyline » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:19 pm

I tend to hear Ryan Drummond, circa Heroes, for Sonic. Eggman's a mix of Bristow and Pollock depending on the mood. Actually, I hear most of the game cast as some variation of their Adventure-era game voices, only better acted.

Uncle Chuck is and will always be William Windon. I also still hear Paulsen for Antoine, but a bit less...over-eager, let's say? I hear Bunnie and Rotor as being much like their SatAM voices, only deeper, and Bunnie in particular being...I don't know, syrupier, if that makes sense. I hear Sally as a bit younger, and higher-pitched than the original Kath Soucie version. (While I'm sure Soucie could easily play the voice I'm thinking of, you could basically stick her original Sally in a blender with Twilight Sparkle and end up with...well, cartoon character guts, but you know what I mean.)

The KKM wrote:how about someone who can pull off an actual french accent instead, though?

Rob Paulsen with a dialect coach?

Meaningless digression into possible headcanon:
Spoiler: show
Antoine would naturally have a very slight French accent after having grown up in Mobotropolis most of his life, but he kept emphasizing his accent for some reason, despite not actually speaking French ("sacre blue cheese") or even knowing what a real French accent sounds like, and ended up with a silly, over-the-top, inaccurate version.

This probably makes no sense post-reboot. I still haven't read Origins. Anyway, it's not my headcanon; just one I find interesting for some reason. Also somewhat ripped off from a Drazen fanfic, though Drazen was using it to justify Ant's bad English.
linebyline
BumbleKnight

Postby jm0364 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:51 am

I kind of pictured Bean being voiced by Richard Steven Horvitz. Y'know the actor for Zim? I dunno, every time I see him I can't help but picture that voice coming out of that beak.
jm0364
BumbleCitizen

Postby Shadowclaw98 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:30 am

I recently reread Control and Ambushed. This was just after watching Up, and ever since that moment Thunderbolt has sounded like Alpha
Shadowclaw98
BumbleNewbie

Postby linebyline » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Can Horvitz do voices other than Zim? I remember hearing the commercial for Skylanders, and I assume that was him playing the cloaked guy (Chaos, was it?) because he sounded just like Zim. Not just the sound of the voice but the delivery.

I don't know how to describe how I hear Bean, exactly, but I think you'd get in the ball park with an over-caffeinated, slightly higher-pitched, and much faster version of Thor. The Michael Shanks version, not the Chris Hemsworth version.

Spoiler: show
Now part of me is hoping that at some point Bean will say, "I like the yellow ones." That will be completely hilarious to me and probably three other people.
linebyline
BumbleKnight

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius