Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby Astrobot7000 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:40 pm

Penguin God wrote:Heck, if anything that was a major complaint of the comic before the modern run: Sonic himself barely factored into anything. The world mostly got by without him, and he was usually just around to spectate or act as a pawn in someone else's big plans.


I can see that as pretty legitimate criticism of the old lore (or whatever you prefer to call it), for sure.
User avatar
Astrobot7000
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby HavocAngel » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Duck Army wrote:On my very first post on this forum, i mentioned that the Archie Comics are my least favorite Sonic media (Sorry Ian Flynn!).
You might wonder "Why?"
I have decided to answer that.
...


Whaaaaaa.
Man I'm so confused why do people do this. Dude, this is kinda Ian's Forum where nearly 50% of the discussion [at this point] is Archie's sonic??? Why are you here? O_o
Of course Archie's sonic isn't perfect. I can easily admit to that with no reservations at all. Even the staff I'm sure have no problem admitting that. So...
x_x???

You're free to your opinion, of course. Just I don't get why in this circumstance you went on a rant... I guess i'd assume you're more of a fan of megaman or something (which I dislike and it has nothing to do with the comic. I had a bad experience) which is why you're here but still. o3o

*rolls away*
User avatar
HavocAngel
BumbleNewbie
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:07 am
Location: Serendipity.

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:32 pm

It baffles me why people decided to turn this into a serious discussion thread, when OP is such an obvious troll it's not even funny.
User avatar
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby Duck Army » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:47 pm

BlazeHeatnix wrote:It baffles me why people decided to turn this into a serious discussion thread, when OP is such an obvious troll it's not even funny.

I'm not a troll! I'm just stating my opinions!
Duck Army
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:58 pm

Duck Army wrote:
BlazeHeatnix wrote:It baffles me why people decided to turn this into a serious discussion thread, when OP is such an obvious troll it's not even funny.

I'm not a troll! I'm just stating my opinions!


Your highly controversial, overall illogical and overly harsh rant DISGUISED as an opinion, as one of your first posts. Your very first post in fact states that you absolutely hate the comics. And yet you choose to rant about them on...Ian Flynn's forum. Ian Flynn, as in the head writer for the Sonic comics you hate so much. You literally have no reason to be here. You think people join Ken Penders's forum just to tell him how much he sucks? No, because no matter what you think, that's a very untactful thing to do.
User avatar
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby Sunwalker » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:03 pm

I am not singling anyone, but I really feel iffy that it is complicated to have diverging opinions on this forum. When the dominant view is questioned, at the very best other people say why posting if he do not like, and at the worst the person is seen as ill-meaned or a terrible person. Sorry to be blunt, but I have to say that this kills the main purpose of a discussion forum which is to... hmmm well. to discuss stuff... If you read the recent posts of people leaving the forum, a couple of them have to do precisely with that they are afraid of expressing themselves.
User avatar
Sunwalker
BumbleHonored
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:55 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm not saying the dominant view can't be questioned. I'm not saying the forum should be a hugbox for people that unconditionally love anything Ian does. But most of the people who are critical of Ian's work still buy and read the stuff he works on regardless, because they wouldn't be able to criticize it otherwise. Even if I don't like some of the ways the comic has changed, and have gone on rants about how the old continuity is so much better, I still keep up with the series and I actually know how to articulate my thoughts. (For the most part) And when people decide not to read it anymore, they just leave. But it's obvious that this dude hasn't even read the Sonic comics and all his "info" comes from browsing random pages on the Wiki.

Duck Army wrote:All it was was just Knuckles and his merry gang of clones learning about friendship. That's My Little Pony level.

I mean really.

And wanting "discussion" on everything you rant about, but then choosing not to refute any counterarguments thrown your way, leads me to believe you don't actually care about what people think and are only doing this to rile people up. AKA a troll.
User avatar
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 pm
Location: Tennessee

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby Gonzo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:21 pm

I am not singling anyone, but I really feel iffy that it is complicated to have diverging opinions on this forum.

Maybe if the original post were at all conductive to discussion and didn't boil down to a giant pile of outdated complaints, that'd be one thing. Any discussion in this thread happened in spite of the topic, not because of it.

And really, going onto a forum just to yell "the thing that this forum is dedicated to is a load of old pants"? Pointless and rude.
User avatar
Gonzo
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Gonzo wrote:
I am not singling anyone, but I really feel iffy that it is complicated to have diverging opinions on this forum.

Maybe if the original post were at all conductive to discussion and didn't boil down to a giant pile of outdated complaints, that'd be one thing. Any discussion in this thread happened in spite of the topic, not because of it.

And really, going onto a forum just to yell "the thing that this forum is dedicated to is a load of old pants"? Pointless and rude.


not to mention people criticize the current state of the comics all the time (the Worlds Unite forum in particular was not exactly thrilled), but coming in here to bring up issues from other writers that took place 15 years ago while stating that's why Archie is "the worst version of Sonic" is almost totally meaningless to what Archie Sonic currently is
User avatar
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:20 pm
Location: North Charleston, SC

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby TheEzekiel300 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Kellox wrote:Did you just read about the older comic books on Tumblr and decided to post your thoughts? because pretty much almost everyone would agree with you if 80 percent of the stuff you mentioned wasn't outdated and hasn't been an issue anymore for years.

1. Boring Furry Drama
This is a BIG one. Furry drama in Sonic is SO pointless. WHY do the staff at Archie Comics Publications think that is should give a dang about the romance between a hedgehog and a chipmunk? It's all so BORING and POINTLESS. And before you say it's gone with the reboot, NEWS FLASH! Your wrong. Antoine and Bunnie, guess what they are? MARRIED. And they're only TEENAGERS! Furry drama still lives on, but it shouldn't.
-
So there cant be couples at all? there isn't an furry drama between Antoine and Bunnie.

2. Boring-er Political Drama
This is in the same vein as the furry drama, except it's politics! WHY do we need politics in a comic about a SPEEDY BLUE HEDGEHOG? It just seems like a dumb attempt to make the comics older. Also, it's BORING. WHY do they think that I'm interested in the Council Of Acorn's boring political turmoil? Politics and Romance have NO place in Sonic. It's about THREE things. Action, adventure, and comedy. NO MORE, NO LESS!
-
No longer revelant it has quite the comedy and adventure
3. Bad Art
This is another problem. So big, there are SEVERAL tumblr blogs devoted to the AWFUL art this comic has seen through the years. Yes, SOME of the art is good (Tracy Yardley's looks awesome) but most is TERRIBLE. Characters with wrong colors, characters with poorly drawn limbs, characters with carp mouths, Mighty Lips... The list goes on and on and on and on.
-
Yes bust most of the art on those blogs are 80 percent of the old ones.
4. Mina
WHAT'S HER PURPOSE?!?!?!? They say she's a singer, but does it really matter if we can't hear any of her songs? Obviously it's just to hide the fact that she's a female Sonic. Lame. At least
-
You aren't the only one who criticized Mina, and she's no longer revelant either. Besides her singing is what made her unique.
5. The insanely convoluted plot
This is another BIG one. The plot and mythology is SUPER complex, to the point that i don't understand what's going on half the time. What's up with Tikhaos? Who are the Ancient Walkers? Why is Antoine a war hero suddenly? Why are Tails' parents in SPACE? It all doesn't make sense. It's very telling that pretty much every panel has a "See issue #_" Disclaimer on the bottom.
-
Again most topics, no longer relevant, Tikal has become one with Chaos because Fans like to see Tikal once in a while again.
6. The loads and loads of characters.
This is similar to Convoulted plots. There are so many characters, i can't keep track of them all. Razor the Shark? Coral The Beta? Lien-Da? It's all greek to me. We don't need that many characters.
-
What's wrong with Coral and Razor? their designs Fit the Sonic universe and it's not anymore weirder then when Sonic Team flushes down a new character or Boom introduces one.
Characters like Lien-Da are no longer canon to the reboot.
7. Pointless crossovers
There have been four crossovers in Sonic. The Sonic/Image crossover was pointless because it had no impact on the story and incorporated X-Files and Ken Penders side comic characters for some reason. The Sonic/Sabrina crossover made Sonic fictional, and also had no impact on the main story. Worlds Collide was just there to bring in the reboot. Worlds Unite had no point either. SO WHY ARE THEY THERE?? FOR NO REASON!
-
Because Sega and Capcom made Archie do it, they made a deal with them. The older crossovers are over 10 years old not relevant.
8. The Werehog
Probably the MOST pointless character. He was built up for TEN issues. When he was finally introduced, it was interesting AT FIRST, because it talked about how Sonic tried to control it. However, that only took TWO, and since then, he's been STILL there and hasn't contributed anything to the plot.

Fair enough.

9. Sonic Live!
Yeah yeah. It's only one issue. But that one issue is just so STUPID it really shows how low quality standards are. Ken Pender's son and daughter interacting with Sonic? Come on! That's Sonichu level right there.
And finally...

Even the fans of the older canon didn't like that issue.

10. Knuckles's spinoff.
Though it's no longer running, it is still a major blemish on Sonic Comics. All it was was just Knuckles and his merry gang of clones learning about friendship. That's My Little Pony level.
So, that's why I HATE the comics. You might find it stupid that i'm saying this on a forum for the comics, but this is a place to DISCUSS, not necessarily praise.

- Yep and it's no longer canon to the current comic book storyline and it has been canceled over 10 years ago.


So now with everything having changed so you still believe its the worst Media?
Did you forgot there was a reboot? Cause some of your comments make it seem you aren't aware.


Can you honestly read the "Treasure Team Tango Arc" and "The Hedgehog Havoc Arc" and still say it is furry drama? The Top 10 Sonic Arc's that doesn't have Furry Drama :
10. Sonic comic #175
9. Sonic milestone #200
8. "Tails Arc"
7. Enerjack Saga
6. Shadow Saga
5. Scourge Arc
4. "Hedgehog Havoc Arc"
3. "Mighty and Ray Arc"
2. Sonic Fighters
1. Treasure Team Tango
User avatar
TheEzekiel300
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby Duck Army » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:04 pm

Okay, i'll come clean.
This whole thing was a joke. I haven't read any of the comics. I just skimmed wikia summaries. This whole post was meant to be sarcastic, which is why I included things that haven't been included in 10 years. I don't really think the comics are the worst. If i had to pick a worst, it would probably be AoStH. I've watched all 65 episodes, and NONE were good.
I'm not sure why I even did this. I guess i forgot to think before doing. I regret making this post.
I kindly ask the admins to lock this thread and am sorry for the trouble i have caused. I hope you will forgive me and we can be friends :D
Last edited by Duck Army on Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Duck Army
BumbleFan
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Re: Why i think the Archie Comics are the worst Sonic media.

Postby Mordum » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:09 pm

TheEzekiel300 wrote:The Top 10 Sonic Arc's that doesn't have Furry Drama :


Why would anyone make a list for that.
User avatar
Mordum
BumbleNoble
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:58 am

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests