Characters you'd like to see interact more?

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Characters you'd like to see interact more?

Postby The KKM » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:19 pm

Penguin God wrote:In the games Sonic doesn't even seem to hate Eggman all that much, just finding his plans annoying (and fun.) Which is actually a dynamic I sort of like: Sonic Boom pushing that even farther and making them practically neighbors is one of the show's biggest strengths. But it'd be nice to see that, so I sort of agree to having them in non-traditional situations together.

It's why having the world in a situation where Sonic needs to be the aggressor instead of just the reactor is one of the things that clash most with the games. Sonic is amused at Eggman's nonsense, most times, or at least faces it as something bad but signifying he'll have something to do. Otherwise he'll be happy running off, it's Eggman who has to go start a conflict. Which is harder to buy when Sonic's fighting for freedom in a world controlled by Eggman blah blah blah.

Sonic Boom takes it a bit too extremely due to the Sitcom setting, but it's generally got the idea of how it works.
The KKM
BumbleClan

Postby MetalSkulkBane » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:45 am

I would like some Eggman/Sonic interaction, but not in the games/Boom way.

Archie Eggman and Boom Eggman are two different interpretations of the same character. They both beautiful in their own way and I would never want Boom Eggy to be more edgy or Archie Ivo to be more friendly. They should stick to what they know.

(Unless there is actual plan for this and not just saying "Hey, people like Sonic-Eggman as friends, let's forcibly change our Eggman to fit that".)
MetalSkulkBane
BumbleKnight

Postby SonicBlueRanger » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:15 am

I'll say Sonic and Rouge. Not as a shipping thing (OTP though) but I seriously think they have a fun chemistry. I like that Sonic's one of the only characters who doesn't get flustered when Rouge flirts with him but just kinda teases back and comes off mildly annoyed.

It's a fun change of pace.
SonicBlueRanger
BumbleChosen

Postby Village » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Shadow and rouge.

they... kind of don't talk. And its bad , its bad because they are around each other all the time , and you get no characterization out of them. Shadow has more meaningful moments with everyone else, BUT rouge. When your boss tell you not to trust you friend and/or boyfriend and his aliens family is coming for a mobian style cookout from across the galaxy. You would think that would dictate more of a conversation? It didn't, it seems like... kinda she doesn't care that much about him. Because the only time she actually had something of meaning to say is when shadow tried to kill her, him almost murding her was the thing that got a reaction. And it was more scolding if anything and immediately invalidated because he was just mind controlled.

But she was with knuckles for like 5 minutes and started asking him about why he is on the island. Where was this non combat situation concern when your boss basically said don't trust shadow? Like thats weird, relic during that whole situation was basically bothering shadow about himself and even in that had a more meaningful conversation, unfinished, but meaningful conversation that rouge has had with him in a long butt time.

Maybe someone thinks that, plays into their personaly it doesn't really, and it reads poorly.

Just next time, just have rouge just sit down and just ask shadow some questions. Talk, have them talk.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby Azul » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:12 pm

Village wrote:Shadow and rouge.

they... kind of don't talk. And its bad , its bad because they are around each other all the time , and you get no characterization out of them. Shadow has more meaningful moments with everyone else, BUT rouge. When your boss tell you not to trust you friend and/or boyfriend and his aliens family is coming for a mobian style cookout from across the galaxy. You would think that would dictate more of a conversation? It didn't, it seems like... kinda she doesn't care that much about him. Because the only time she actually had something of meaning to say is when shadow tried to kill her, him almost murding her was the thing that got a reaction. And it was more scolding if anything and immediately invalidated because he was just mind controlled.

But she was with knuckles for like 5 minutes and started asking him about why he is on the island. Where was this non combat situation concern when your boss basically said don't trust shadow? Like thats weird, relic during that whole situation was basically bothering shadow about himself and even in that had a more meaningful conversation, unfinished, but meaningful conversation that rouge has had with him in a long butt time.

Maybe someone thinks that, plays into their personaly it doesn't really, and it reads poorly.

Just next time, just have rouge just sit down and just ask shadow some questions. Talk, have them talk.

??? Shadow and Rouge interact with each other more than they do with any other character. In every game they've appeared in execept for Shadow the Hedgehog, they've had various moments showing the type of bond they have with each other. Their ending in Sonic Heroes shows that even Ow the Edge Hedghe can have a light hearted conversation. In Sonic Battle, she went out of her way to help Shadow find out what Gerald truly intended when he created him, and in 06 Rouge said that even if the whole world would turn againist him, she'd still fight by his side. Rouge is Shadow's closest friend. Saying Rouge doesn't care about Shadow is showing that you don't understand her character.

I wouldn't necessarily trust the comic's portrayal of Rouge pre-252 because they destroyed her characterization and had her out to be some self-serving wench who would rather have another world crumble then give up a jewel but even the first issues of Sonic Universe show the type of relationship the two have.

But it is very strange for someone to ask for more of these two specifically. I'm no Nostradamus but I know for a fact we're going to see them interact by the basis of them working together. Asking for more Shadow and Rouge is like asking for more Sonic and Tails.
Azul
BumbleKnight

Postby Mikail » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Not sure if anyone said this yet, but Omega and Sonic. More Sonic palling around with things designed to kill him.
Mikail
BumbleNoble

Postby Village » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:07 am

Azul wrote:
Village wrote:Removed for post shortening purposes. .

There is a difference between

" hey sonic , I am your friend tails lets beat up this robot "

" and hey sonic how are you doing, you just got beat up lets talk about it"

The latter between those two , rouge and shadow never happens, or at least not often enough as it should. I'm not talking about the games by the way I'm talking about the comics.Like I had mentioned, it took shadow to attack her for her to actually say something of substance to shadow, and even then it was unwarranted given the situation. Knuckles just exists and she just asks him questions, thats all I want. Rouge unless I am wrong is his friend correct. Just ask about his current situation, he ha s alotta stuff going on. There is still an alien running aaround that can mess with his head and make him attack people. Like her, his friend, you think that would warren't some long conversation? Could her or shadow say one thing? I would like to hear them talk about, have her force the issue. Its often the conversations had whilist two people aren't fighting that is the most important in these comics. Because their words aren't dictated by bad guys and immediate threats
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:30 am

I'd be up for more Team Dark outside of their usual structure; all of them together on a mission.

Maybe a backup of their relationship outside of work would be nice.

I also feel that way about Sonic and Tails, actually. We get bits and pieces of it every now and again. I think The World Can Wait was the last time we saw them hanging out outside of the structure of a plot or the mission. It's just kind of nice seeing characters hang out sometimes and for the audience to be reminded that they are friends and not coworkers.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby SonicSoul » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:22 pm

Not sure if it's been said already and most likely would never happen, but Shadow and Blaze for me. They seem to have some things in common regarding having personal or important responsibilities and typically both being very introverted, though Blaze is less so than Shadow since she's learned to open up to others.

Of course there was Treasure Team Tango, but that didn't really have what I'm talking about. It was more focused on Shadow's conflict between his duty and his willingness to repay her for helping him.
SonicSoul
BumbleClan

Postby Village » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:35 pm

SonicSoul wrote:Not sure if it's been said already and most likely would never happen, but Shadow and Blaze for me. They seem to have some things in common regarding having personal or important responsibilities and typically both being very introverted, though Blaze is less so than Shadow since she's learned to open up to others.

Of course there was Treasure Team Tango, but that didn't really have what I'm talking about. It was more focused on Shadow's conflict between his duty and his willingness to repay her for helping him.

Well you are now my favorite poster.
Village
BumbleCitizen

Postby BlazeHeatnix » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:09 pm

SonicSoul wrote:Not sure if it's been said already and most likely would never happen, but Shadow and Blaze for me. They seem to have some things in common regarding having personal or important responsibilities and typically both being very introverted, though Blaze is less so than Shadow since she's learned to open up to others.

Without anyone for them to play off of though, I feel like it would be really boring.

Shadow: "Darkness. Grief. Grief dark dark grief Maria."
Blaze: "Darkness, grief grief dark dark my duty."
BlazeHeatnix
BumbleCitizen

Postby Village » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:11 pm

Not at all? Some of favorite bat stories is when batman is talking to another dark person. Not everything needs a joke injector, things can be written interesting. I can easily see them coming to a head over a bunch of stuff
Village
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius