Best and Worst Sonic songs.

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Best and Worst Sonic songs.

Postby Tikikata » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Oh, man. Sonic songs are a huge guilty pleasure for me, haha; I can't really listen to any of the vocal songs in front of my friends at risk of being made fun of.

My all-time favorite is Dreams of an Absolution (and anyone who knows me well enough [or just looks at my avatar] should know why). Most of the remixes I've heard of it are pretty good and the lyrics aren't that bad.
I'm particularly fond of This Machine from Sonic Heroes mostly for the melody and music on its own. Same goes for What I'm Made Of and Team Chaotix. (And maybe all of Sonic Heroes' soundtrack just because I loved it so much.)
Hmm... I do like Supporting Me... even though I don't really understand it (the "story" being told, if that makes sense?). Like This Machine, the music on its own is really fantastic.

Miscellaneous songs I like from levels include, in no particular order, Kingdom V alley, Windy Hill Zone, Dragon Road (Day), and Rooftop Run (Day). I like a lot more than this, but if I tried to list all of them... well... haha.
Tikikata
BumbleNewbie

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:39 pm

I feel like Supporting Me is Shadow saying goodbye to Maria, I really like that one
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Tikikata » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:19 pm

Mr.Unsmiley wrote:I feel like Supporting Me is Shadow saying goodbye to Maria, I really like that one

That's... actually a really good description. Now I'm going to be thinking about that whenever I listen to the song on the way to work, (hearty laughter).
Tikikata
BumbleNewbie

Postby Zack_GLC » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:30 am

Growing up I was obsessed with the Ice Cap Zone from Sonic 3 music. I would full out boogie while playing.
Zack_GLC
BumbleNoble

Postby The Shadow Imperator » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:22 pm

I really dig how Tikal's Theme captures the mystic nature of her character, in addition to having a subtle melancholy undertone. Really fits her character.

Sonic Adventure had pretty excellent music overall, really.
The Shadow Imperator
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:16 pm

I may be hated on for saying this, but I like the title theme to Sonic Free Riders; it's just really catchy and resonates with me on a level I can't explain without going into some deep, dark history that I'm sure no one wants to know about. It's gotta be one of my favorites.

E.G.G.M.A.N from SA2 is also awesome, thought about writing a fanfic about how it would come about in-game because I liked it that much. Don't like the remakes for it, though.

As for classic music, Ice Cap is always fun, I like to groove to Oil Ocean, and Sandopolis is kinda nice, as well. Rusty Ruin from Sonic 3D Blast is also fairly good.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Previous

Return to This Side of Mobius