Solicits: StH#280, SU#83, SSD#15

Forum devoted to Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and the entire Sonic line by Archie Comics.

Re: Solicits: StH#280, SU#83, SSD#15

Postby Xabin » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Spoiler: show
Well, he seems to be the main commander of the Sky Patrol, and is the muscle when he's on teams where Bunnie or Big can't come along. I'd say his position in the FF is more defined than, say... Amy Roze or Big.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mr.Unsmiley » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:21 pm

or Antoine
Mr.Unsmiley
BumbleKnight

Postby Xabin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:51 pm

Antoine pilots the not-Tornado when they need a second plane out there. And he can direct traffic when the little kids get out of kindergarten.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Toby » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:10 am

Amy Rose is more of the muscle on the team than Rotor.
Toby
BumbleNoble

Postby Xabin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Mobotropolis wrote:
A character already having a romantic partner has stopped absolutely no one from shipping them with someone else. Usually the unwanted party is either written off or handled through devious methods.

But yeah. Of the many things the reboot still needs another Freedom Fighter isn't one of them.

Not when Rotor's own role on the team hasn't been firmly established.

Don't want to do that; most I'd do is have Rotor and Razor do a one-night-stand sort of fling, find out they're not compatible, and part ways.

Anyway, Rotor is the inventor with Tails, the main commander of the Sky Patrol, and the muscle on teams where the other heavy characters can't come. Antoine, I agree, never had any real position in the FF, he just sorta hung out and be comic relief, but now that they're not doing that route with him, he's sorta boring as a character. It would be interesting if he did something more unique in the group, like being a decoy on missions or something, but beyond that, I can't really see him being something other than just another fighter on the team.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby RaceProUK » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:13 am

Maybe this isn't the time or the place, but I have to ask: why do people run with the idea of Rotor being gay?

For the record, I'm not saying it's wrong or anything; I'm just curious, is all ;)
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Meliden » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:34 am

RaceProUK wrote:Maybe this isn't the time or the place, but I have to ask: why do people run with the idea of Rotor being gay?

For the record, I'm not saying it's wrong or anything; I'm just curious, is all ;)

Ken Penders has said that was what he was doing with Rotor (at the very least in M:XYL), although the lack of signposting meant a lot didn't read it that way even when it was said, and the reasons for it were iffy at best. So there is a genuine origin for this sentiment, although not one I take to heart (not that I'd mind if Rotor turned out to be gay).
Meliden
BumbleCult

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:16 am

Thinking even further back than that, Bunnie was the only character that I remember Rotor being genuinely shipped with but that was way back in the day. Like during the SatAM days when Sonic/Sally were really the only couple. After she got paired off with Antoine there really wasn't anyone else for him. He didn't show interest in anyone else (because, you know, there was no one else besides goofy kangeroo-dragon), and that might have sparked the idea that he was gay.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Xabin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:43 am

I've seen plenty of people ship him with Nicole, even before Antoine and Bunnie hooked up, so I dunno...
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby RaceProUK » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:06 pm

Xabin wrote:I've seen plenty of people ship him with Nicole, even before Antoine and Bunnie hooked up, so I dunno...
Presumably only after she gained a tangible body :)

Speaking of, the number of times I've seen her shipped with Tails… if I had £1 for every Tails×Nicole picture I'd seen, I'd be able to afford a brand new car :roll:
RaceProUK
BumbleFan

Postby Xabin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:12 pm

I, honestly, haven't seen that much Nicole/Tails stuff out there. It's usually either Nicole/Rotor or Nicole/Sally.

But anyway,
I'm kinda disappointed that Razor wasn't offered a Freedom Fighter position; not only would that strengthen Rotor/Razor, but I feel like he'd be happier there, traveling the world and fighting baddies like he used to in his old pirate days.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby TheFatPanda » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Xabin wrote:
Don't want to do that; most I'd do is have Rotor and Razor do a one-night-stand sort of fling, find out they're not compatible, and part ways.

I'd rather it not happen through something sleazy, thank you very much =P
TheFatPanda
BumbleChosen

Postby Xabin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:04 pm

TheFatPanda wrote:
Xabin wrote:

I'd rather it not happen through something sleazy, thank you very much =P

Didn't mean for it to be sleazy, just they test out what it's like to be partners for a day, find out that they don't like it, and part ways as just friends instead of lovers. Of course, that's if I don't decide to just have them not interact, at all, anymore... Curse me for being a slave to the comic's continuity...
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

Postby Mobotropolis » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Seconding Panda's opinion.

I've seen plenty of people ship him with Nicole, even before Antoine and Bunnie hooked up, so I dunno...

When I say " back in the day " I meant closer to the late 1990s. Like a decade before Nicole got her character upgrade physical body. Nicole wasn't really seen as a character in her own right by the fandom until that backup in the 160s.

Sure, there might have been a fic' or some art out there depicting it but it wasn't what the majority of the fandom backed.

During the olden times when Rotor was regarded as Bunnie's mechanic and before Chuck came to Knothole. So it was like an Edward Elric/Winry dynamic.

There isn't really anything stopping Razor from forming his own Freedom Fighters-like team if he absolutely wants it, though.

He seems pre-destined to be the New Forty Fantoms Team Leader if we had that again.
Mobotropolis
BumbleNoble

Postby Xabin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:12 pm

If that happens, then I hope Rotor and some of the other Freedom Fighters join them for a mission, likely against Akhlut's Egg Army.
Xabin
BumbleCitizen

PreviousNext

Return to This Side of Mobius